Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I got the bed for it, let's do it. How many days do you think it'll take to make boost?

$12k tho new, would be so much fun but for the money I really couldn't justify it, even for a wrecked engine and I checked some yards. Cheapest, okay condition one I found was $6.5k.

Yeah you could get a lot more engine for the money (Whether that be LS, 2JZ, RB, Etc)

Would be a fun project and be insanely cool though.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

@AlwaysFSX I'd feel better tuning the 2nd gen 3.5 ecobust

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Yeah you could get a lot more engine for the money (Whether that be LS, 2JZ, RB, Etc)

Would be a fun project and be insanely cool though.

Definitely, buying a new truck you could make a pseudo-Lightning.

Definitely, buying a new truck you could make a pseudo-Lightning.

I'd love to do that through Copart or something, something with body damage or maybe rear end damage

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

@AlwaysFSX I'd feel better tuning the 2nd gen 3.5 ecobust

The point is to make it do one dyno run without exploding, and keep going until it does. So whichever generation it is doesn't matter. Shit's gonna go boom.

Though I'm pretty sure once this one starts having issues it's going to a race shop for giggles. 600 TQ truck? Yes please. Makes green lights with dumbasses all the more fun.

I'd love to do that through Copart or something, something with body damage or maybe rear end damage

If only work trucks weren't so trashed, I know basically everyone with an EcoBoost work truck thrashes the shit out of them dodging it and all.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The point is to make it do one dyno run without exploding, and keep going until it does. So whichever generation it is doesn't matter. Shit's gonna go boom.

Though I'm pretty sure once this one starts having issues it's going to a race shop for giggles. 600 TQ truck? Yes please. Makes green lights with dumbasses all the more fun.

If only work trucks weren't so trashed, I know basically everyone with an EcoBoost work truck thrashes the shit out of them dodging it and all.

Ecoboosts deserve more love, especially the V6

@AlwaysFSX I've never really had anyone try to race me before. 

Either they know the Miata is slow or they assume I don't care or people aren't stupid enough for that around here lol

the only interesting time I had one public road was someone in a suburban trying to keep up with me on a backroad... it was hilarious 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I need

3.PNG

4.PNG

814965_oojdbm.jpg

814971_acfokn.jpg

Ecoboosts deserve more love, especially the V6

Considering they make up like 40% of the sales, I think they're well-known.

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

Either they know the Miata is slow or they assume I don't care or people aren't stupid enough for that around here lol

the only interesting time I had one public road was someone in a suburban trying to keep up with me on a backroad... it was hilarious 

Buddy AJ (Audio guy) wanted to race me, it was me with a passenger vs just him in his TC and he got gaptized in the name of the holy turbo

I kept dead even with James and his 79 5.0 Hatch, he said his old 93 with the Cobra rear end was faster though, I'd love to run that car someday

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Considering they make up like 40% of the sales, I think they're well-known.

Yeah people know about them. I can't wait until 5 or 10 years from now when you'll be able to show up to any old junkyard and be able to pull a 3.5 Ecoboost for not much money

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Nobody ever tries to race me because it's just a bone stock, dirty truck. Doesn't look like anything. But man when some dipshit (say today in a Maxima) tailgates me, moves over to pass me and we get stuck at a red light, it's real fucking hilarious seeing their reaction to a truck pulling away pretty quickly.

Yeah people know about them. I can't wait until 5 or 10 years from now when you'll be able to show up to any old junkyard and be able to pull a 3.5 Ecoboost for not much money

"What's the compression like?" "These are supposed to have compression?"

"What's the compression like?" "These are supposed to have compression?"

What's compression?

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I pass by an oilfield-related business everyday on my way to work that is called something like "Reagan's Power & Compression"

lol

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I pass by an oilfield-related business everyday on my way to work that is called something like "Reagan's Power & Compression"

lol

Neat, I don't really see any cool stuff driving around.

Neat, I don't really see any cool stuff driving around.

Oilfield and offshore companies everywhere here. All down hwy 90 south of Lafayette 

where people make all the big monies

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Oilfield and offshore companies everywhere here. All down hwy 90 south of Lafayette 

where people make all the big monies

So many expensive trucks there too iirc.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So many expensive trucks there too iirc.

Yeah. People spend $80k+ on pickup trucks here. See that a lot...

so pointless to me but whatever they want...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Same around here. People spend soooooo much money

@vinyldash303 will be able to tell you that when he comes to town

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Seats are so good though.

6 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I want to make my car handle really well too. That's more of a focus than straight line performance. Want to make it to Gingerman Raceway once a month next year 

Then focus on that, don't just jump into throwing more power at the car until you can drive it too its peak at its power level now.

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

Just now, KingCry said:

Then focus on that, don't just jump into throwing more power at the car until you can drive it too its peak at its power level now.

I've already gotten to the point where I'm maxing out the car's potential with stock suspension and nice tires (Pilot super sports), so with this extra bit of power taken care of, I'll then dive head over heals into suspension