Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

$2k I don't have lol

Plus imo we'd need a bigger garage for that. It feels small as it is.

I mean if I owned an engine crane we really wouldn't have anywhere to put it... it's that tiny

then you have all the kids toys and stuff that are always in the way. it's annoying to work in there lol

I added almost immediately in the edit that it didn't help with the space factor

17 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's relative, I'd take a Saab over a Cobalt basically any day of the week. I couldn't care less for Cobalts.

TBH I wouldn't really want a Cobalt SS TC (Turbo model) I already have a turbo car, the whole reason I want James' SS is the fact that it's a SC model

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its just ugly AF and hard to work on. Turbo ones make some power though, and most of them are untouched because of the negatives unlike the SRT4s that are all molested. 

A lot of other cars>Cobalt=PT>Northstar caddy>9-5

I think they're kind of cool. Its an oddball car.

Want to do this to one 

05PTCruiserHEMI02.jpg

And change the badges to Hemi-Battlecruiser

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Spectacular engine failure on the first pass 

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Probably haha

Oh well, not my problem :P

The entire frame will probably be shot judging by the potency of the juju. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

I think they're kind of cool. Its and oddball car.

Want to do this to one 

And change the badges to Hemi-Battlecruiser

Have you ever actually been in one? You'd spend more time and money fixing the thing so it doesn't dissolve in air.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Have you ever actually been in one? You'd spend more time and money fixing the thing so it doesn't dissolve in air.

This is true. Rode in one once. Was worried for my own well being

The only half decent thing they ever were was the GT trim that had the SRT 4 Neon engine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

I have actually. My mom's friend has one. No major issues with it either. 

They have the wood vinyls on it

2002_chrysler_pt_cruiser_limited-pic-205

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

24 minutes ago, techswede said:

Really hope i can play at least Diablo II on just the integrated graphics on my cpu.. Hopefully WC3 too.

Starcraft: Brood War is free. You could check that out :D

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Starcraft: Brood War is free. You could check that out :D

Still angry from back when i played SC2. 

Got all the way up to gold and then got my arse handed to me repeatedly. 

And either way. Just bought D2 and WC3+ expansion so i'm going to play them. Ran fine back in the XP days

15 minutes ago, vetali said:

Its just ugly AF and hard to work on. Turbo ones make some power though, and most of them are untouched because of the negatives unlike the SRT4s that are all molested. 

A lot of other cars>Cobalt=PT>Northstar caddy>9-5

I walk by a 2.4GT Cruiser every day at work.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

I have actually. My mom's friend has one. No major issues with it either. 

They have the wood vinyls on it

Must've been a miracle one made by somebody competent, the rest of them fall apart when you open or close the doors. Plus the seats are terrible and interior not well thought out.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

Finally got a jack that actually fits under small cars lol

IMG_7917.JPG

i need to get one with a grip on it and a longer handle. i don't want one that's gonna slip with greasy hands while i'm lowering a car, and i want a handle for some better leverage.

44 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So this might just be my family, but we've never had a lot of stuff in our garage, like ever. Worst it ever got was having an old stove and a couple bags of gardening soil and grass seed.

Seeing some people's garages it's like an archaeology dig.

mine is kinda filled to the brim, but there's enough room for 2 cars, and 5 bikes, and a rolling cabinet full of tools. but there's a lot of junk stored in it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

i need to get one with a grip on it and a longer handle. i don't want one that's gonna slip with greasy hands while i'm lowering a car, and i want a handle for some better leverage.

mine is kinda filled to the brim, but there's enough room for 2 cars, and 5 bikes, and a rolling cabinet full of tools. but there's a lot of junk stored in it.

Those texture handles are great up until you gash your hands open because fuck you.

That's a lot.

26 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd probably place it something like this

9-5 > a whole bunch of other cars > Cobalt > a whole bunch of other cars > Yugo > Russian tractor from the 20s > PT Cruiser

Come on man, old Russian tractors are actually pretty cool 

IMG_9263.PNG.4ba36c343390e3e93fbf8c7ce59633af.PNG

IMG_9264.PNG.fea1eb10d11ed8a9629b494905670da1.PNG

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

When someone calls my 9-5 a 9-3

PbRuJuJ.png

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Must've been a miracle one made by somebody competent, the rest of them fall apart when you open or close the doors. Plus the seats are terrible and interior not well thought out.

I think it was an 07-09 car. 2.2 diesel. And from what i've heard it hasn't had any major issues. And they pull a horse trailer with it.

And either way i wouldn't swap in a 5.7 hemi without making sure the car itself was solid. 

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

When someone calls my 9-5 a 9-3

Did you really type all of that out?

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but the metal seat will hurt after a few hours of driving. I've got that one from first-hand experience. :(

While on the other hand Saab seats are insanely comfortable 

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Still angry from back when i played SC2. 

Got all the way up to gold and then got my arse handed to me repeatedly. 

And either way. Just bought D2 and WC3+ expansion so i'm going to play them. Ran fine back in the XP days

Brood War is a completely different game to SC2 though, give it a shot if you are able to.

Could at least check out the campaign :D

Did you really type all of that out?

Found it on  /r/saab

Kinda want to type it out and have it saved in a document to fuck with people though

Just now, GlassBomb said:

Brood War is a completely different game to SC2 though, give it a shot if you are able to.

Could at least check out the campaign :D

We'll see if my mouse survives a full D2 campaign first.

21 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wow

Can't remember which one, but had to do a serpentine belt on a saab when I first got into the trade. Shit was stupidly hard. No room to get the belt around the harmonic balancer, Then you had to "feed" the belt through the pulleys with a screwdriver because you couldn't anything in there. 

Had another regular customer for a while that had tons of issues in a 9-5. Window regulators exploding, light circuits blowing fuses randomly, it would die randomly. None of our scanners could do much with it so we advised them to sell it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

But I have a Saab, not a Volvo 

James apparently sold his Hatch 5.0 yesterday. And is selling the Notch back this weekend. And he wants me to buy his Cobalt SS. Now just to decide on a price and save up. Here's a few photos of the cars in question if you're interested 

Funny thing is, that last photo. Those were all his at the same time. 

FB_IMG_1483385303713.jpg

received_10206924759395802.jpeg

received_1646024765426090.jpeg

received_1643181242377109.jpeg

Eh Saab Volvo they both look like something my grandfather would drive = they look like a old person's car to me so it's hard for me to tell them apart. Also go for a turbo Cobalt the super charged one only came with 200 at the crank sounds like your car already has more power then it.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Found it on  /r/saab

Kinda want to type it out and have it saved in a document to fuck with people though

Yeah cause I was thinking that's a lot of effort over someone getting your model wrong. xD

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Eh Saab Volvo they both look like something my grandfather would drive = they look like a old person's car to me so it's hard for me to tell them apart. Also go for a turbo Cobalt the super charged one only came with 200 at the crank sounds like your car already has more power then it.

I love my grandpa mobile thank you :P

My car is equivalent as far as torque goes, little down on hp (About 20hp)

I prefer the supercharged model, it's not everyday you find a factory Supercharged 4 cylinder with a stick attached. Plus I already have a turbo car. Yeah the turbo ones are nice. But if I bought James' it would be cheap, He got it at 80K for about $5200 IIRC, now that it's just past 100K and he's had it for about 2 years he'd be willing to let it go a bit cheaper