Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Finally got a jack that actually fits under small cars lol

Ahh the process of jacking the car up a foot, putting stands underneath, flipping it for taller vehicles, and continuing the process.

Lift pls.

7 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Eh turbo colbalt is a better platform then your car though. As for the spend so much for something so slow. Ahem glass house stop throwing stones. ? He could easily do what you did, take a cheap car and mod it to go faster. My point is of course it's slow compared to your bolt on and tuned turbo car, however stock it's almost as fast as your car stock hence don't know what your saying it's too slow to invest money into. Not knocking your car just making a point that yours isn't all that fast stock and the only reason it's faster is because it came with a turbo otherwise you better watch out for civic si's. Another way that doesn't hold much water is I can buy a old 5.0 mustang for 2k then put another 2.5k for a super charger and destroy a lot of cars for 4.5k with a car that's as slow if not slightly slower then your car. I think your problem is more that they spent so much money on visual mods when they could have spent it on a cheap turbo kit and made a sleeper. 

you would be surprised at how fast the Saab 9-5 wagons are stock ... especially the Aero one that come with like 230hp for the early ones and 250 or even 260 for the later ones 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Knew I'd get down to the root of what you were trying to say lol

Id say the colbalt is more my speed then a later model Volvo, just for the fact I prefer sedans and hatchbacks to wagons. Though I would buy a legacy wagon GT.

But I have a Saab, not a Volvo 

James apparently sold his Hatch 5.0 yesterday. And is selling the Notch back this weekend. And he wants me to buy his Cobalt SS. Now just to decide on a price and save up. Here's a few photos of the cars in question if you're interested 

Funny thing is, that last photo. Those were all his at the same time. 

FB_IMG_1483385303713.jpg

received_10206924759395802.jpeg

received_1646024765426090.jpeg

received_1643181242377109.jpeg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, Mister2010 said:

you would be surprised at how fast the Saab 9-5 wagons are stock ... especially the Aero one that come with like 230hp for the early ones and 250 or even 260 for the later ones 

And I'll be at 270hp and 285 torque soon enough ?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ahh the process of jacking the car up a foot, putting stands underneath, flipping it for taller vehicles, and continuing the process.

Lift pls.

Can't really fit one in the garage and $$$$

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Can't really fit one in the garage and $$$$

To get one and have it installed is about 2k. Much cheaper than I would have thought. Going off what Adam LZ said anyway 

I know this doesn't solve the space issue. Just a little info

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

To get one and have it installed is about 2k. Much cheaper than I would have thought. Going off what Adam LZ said anyway 

$2k I don't have lol

Plus imo we'd need a bigger garage for that. It feels small as it is.

I mean if I owned an engine crane we really wouldn't have anywhere to put it... it's that tiny

then you have all the kids toys and stuff that are always in the way. it's annoying to work in there lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

then you have all the kids toys and stuff that are always in the way. it's annoying to work in there lol

So this might just be my family, but we've never had a lot of stuff in our garage, like ever. Worst it ever got was having an old stove and a couple bags of gardening soil and grass seed.

Seeing some people's garages it's like an archaeology dig.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

9-5 looks cooler imho

It could look cool as Snoop Dogg in Antarctica. Still a saab. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

38 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Want* not need. ;)

I will need a car in 4 / 5 months tho :P

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

It could look cool as Snoop Dogg in Antarctica. Still a saab. 

It's relative, I'd take a Saab over a Cobalt basically any day of the week. I couldn't care less for Cobalts.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

It's relative, I'd take a Saab over a Cobalt basically any day of the week. I couldn't care less for Cobalts.

Thats still pretty bottom barrel. May as well throw a PT cruiser and maybe a caddy northstar in there for perspective. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Really hope i can play at least Diablo II on just the integrated graphics on my cpu.. Hopefully WC3 too.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Thats still pretty bottom barrel. May as well throw a PT cruiser and maybe a caddy northstar in there for perspective. 

Hey! Leave the PT cruiser out of this

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, vetali said:

I'd probably place it something like this

9-5 > a whole bunch of other cars > Cobalt > a whole bunch of other cars > Yugo > Russian tractor from the 20s > PT Cruiser

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Really hope i can play at least Diablo II on just the integrated graphics on my cpu.. Hopefully WC3 too.

What happened to the 70? I saw a post of you talking about GPUs, but didn't quite understand what happened...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

DSC07795.JPG

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

What happened to the 70? I saw a post of you talking about GPUs, but didn't quite understand what happened...

Its dead. And i can't be arsed to dig through the attic for one of my 7850's 

Not everyday you get to sit behind the wheel of a 3500hp monster

20170527_142425.jpg

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Not everyday you get to sit behind the wheel of a 3500hp monster

And now that will lose the season. You probably spread the bad juju of this thread to it

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Hey! Leave the PT cruiser out of this

Its just ugly AF and hard to work on. Turbo ones make some power though, and most of them are untouched because of the negatives unlike the SRT4s that are all molested. 

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd probably place it something like this

9-5 > a whole bunch of other cars > Cobalt > a whole bunch of other cars > Yugo > Russian tractor from the 20s > PT Cruiser

A lot of other cars>Cobalt=PT>Northstar caddy>9-5

1 minute ago, techswede said:

And now that will lose the season. You probably spread the bad juju of this thread to it

Spectacular engine failure on the first pass 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, techswede said:

Probably haha

Oh well, not my problem :P

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, vetali said:

A lot of other cars>Cobalt=PT>Northstar caddy>9-5

Wow

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Spectacular engine failure on the first pass 

I've always wanted to see cylinder heads end up in orbit.