Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Nah I'd say anything in the 13-14 second range isn't slow.

Everything is slow, its just a fact of life :D 
No matter what you pull in a 1/4 mile or not its slow cause there is always another vehicle that is faster 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

another question: I have an entire extra can of black plasti dip. how tacky would it be to spray a bra onto the hood of the accord?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

another question: I have an entire extra can of black plasti dip. how tacky would it be to spray a bra onto the hood of the accord?

extremely tacky 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

2 minutes ago, KingCry said:

Everything is slow, its just a fact of life :D 
No matter what you pull in a 1/4 mile or not its slow cause there is always another vehicle that is faster 

No what is or isn't slow is relative. In reality everything is slow because we all have different views on what is fast or not, not because there maybe a car faster then yours. :P we are getting metaphysical get on my level! :P lol jk

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

No what is or isn't slow is relative. In reality everything is slow because we all have different views on what is fast or not, not because there maybe a car faster then yours. :P we are getting metaphysical get on my level! :P lol jk

I just like to think "someone some were has a car that is faster so why worry about power and focus on having fun in the corners"

I mean of course this became the thought since my jetta was totaled 

|King Of The Lost|

17 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Nah I'd say anything in the 13-14 second range isn't slow.

Eh depends. If it can't manage to get into the 14's stock then it's slow af stock. Compared to the colbalt LT the difference in power is so close all of 25 more hours about. It was the fact you called it slow af when it's only slightly slower then your car stock for stock. After upgrades though any car can be made fast it all depends on how big your wallet is.

Put bus lengths on a TC with intake, full exhaust, and a tune. Not saying I'm fast. Just quicker than most and enough to upset some people

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

25 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

it's not that tacky. i mean it can protect against rock chips from semis. since you do drive a lot of miles a day, i suggest either doing that or get an actual bra.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

22 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Put bus lengths on a TC with intake, full exhaust, and a tune. Not saying I'm fast. Just quicker than most and enough to upset some people

Your missing my point. I'm saying you still shouldn't make fun of them considering without doing that work your car would be almost as slow as them. I'd defend you if you said it looked tacky though.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Phew..

I'm tired, Sunburned and hungry. Enjoy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

34 minutes ago, KingCry said:

I just like to think "someone some were has a car that is faster so why worry about power and focus on having fun in the corners"

I have this thought now. Not every car needs to run 11's to be fast. I'd classify anything in the 14's and below stock as respectable. 

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

Phew..

I'm tired, Sunburned and hungry. Enjoy

I must be better :P

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 hour ago, KingCry said:

I want to make my car handle really well too. That's more of a focus than straight line performance. Want to make it to Gingerman Raceway once a month next year 

46 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Your missing my point. I'm saying you still shouldn't make fun of them considering without doing that work your car would be almost as slow as them. I'd defend you if you said it looked tacky though.

My issue with it was the fact that it as a base model. So much money on something slow. If it was a SS I'd still be upset but probably wouldn't have batted an eye. The point is rice is bad, but worse the slower a car is from factory 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Capture.PNG.36b0018294bcbeb61253ab03970c16e0.PNG

Never got those here. What's special about it? 

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Never got those here. What's special about it? 

It's has an NA SR20 under the hood. And it handles pretty well. And it's pretty cheap xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's has an NA SR20 under the hood. And it handles pretty well. And it's pretty cheap xD

Damn, that is pretty cool. Only car we got with a SR in it was the Sentra Se-R AFAIK. Also was NA

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

Damn, that is pretty cool. Only car we got with a SR in it was the Sentra Se-R AFAIK. Also was NA

Yeah. I was watching this when I thought of checking the "market" for some xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I want to make my car handle really well too. That's more of a focus than straight line performance. Want to make it to Gingerman Raceway once a month next year 

My issue with it was the fact that it as a base model. So much money on something slow. If it was a SS I'd still be upset but probably wouldn't have batted an eye. The point is rice is bad, but worse the slower a car is from factory 

Eh turbo colbalt is a better platform then your car though. As for the spend so much for something so slow. Ahem glass house stop throwing stones. ? He could easily do what you did, take a cheap car and mod it to go faster. My point is of course it's slow compared to your bolt on and tuned turbo car, however stock it's almost as fast as your car stock hence don't know what your saying it's too slow to invest money into. Not knocking your car just making a point that yours isn't all that fast stock and the only reason it's faster is because it came with a turbo otherwise you better watch out for civic si's. Another way that doesn't hold much water is I can buy a old 5.0 mustang for 2k then put another 2.5k for a super charger and destroy a lot of cars for 4.5k with a car that's as slow if not slightly slower then your car. I think your problem is more that they spent so much money on visual mods when they could have spent it on a cheap turbo kit and made a sleeper. 

1 minute ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Eh turbo colbalt is a better platform then your car though. As for the spend so much for something so slow. Ahem glass house stop throwing stones. ? He could easily do what you did, take a cheap car and mod it to go faster. My point is of course it's slow compared to your bolt on and tuned turbo car, however stock it's almost as fast as your car stock hence don't know what your saying it's too slow to invest money into. Not knocking your car just making a point that yours isn't all that fast stock and the only reason it's faster is because it came with a turbo otherwise you better watch out for civic si's. Another way that doesn't hold much water is I can buy a old 5.0 mustang for 2k then put another 2.5k for a super charger and destroy a lot of cars for 4.5k with a car that's as slow if not slightly slower then your car. I think your problem is more that they spent so much money on visual mods when they could have spent it on a cheap turbo kit and made a sleeper. 

I know, I'd like a supercharged Cobalt SS if I can get one (might buy my friends) but funny enough stock my Saab kept up with his 5.0 Foxbody dead even to 95mph from a dead stop

Yeah that base model cobalt isn't my taste. But also not my car so doesn't really matter 

Yeah that was my issue. Money on aesthetics but performance left alone. Bugs me when people do that to any car though. 

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

9-5 looks cooler imho

Cobalt didn't have a wagon form either ?

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I know, I'd like a supercharged Cobalt SS if I can get one (might buy my friends) but funny enough stock my Saab kept up with his 5.0 Foxbody dead even to 95mph from a dead stop

Yeah that base model cobalt isn't my taste. But also not my car so doesn't really matter 

Yeah that was my issue. Money on aesthetics but performance left alone. Bugs me when people do that to any car though. 

Knew I'd get down to the root of what you were trying to say lol

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Cobalt didn't have a wagon form either ?

Id say the colbalt is more my speed then a later model Volvo, just for the fact I prefer sedans and hatchbacks to wagons. Though I would buy a legacy wagon GT.

Finally got a jack that actually fits under small cars lol

IMG_7917.JPG

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1