Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

So a not ae86. Mr. Regular said in his videos that we had some close cut down relative to the ae86 that wasn't an ae86

The AE88

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

29 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I have a plan, if the 86 ever gets totaled or something that caused it to "poof" out of my life im going to import a usdm ae86.

Do you watch MoreSkids ? 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Do you watch MoreSkids ? 

Not sure?

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

So a not ae86. Mr. Regular said in his videos that we had some close cut down relative to the ae86 that wasn't an ae86

Bleh bleh meeemeemeeemeeememe AE88 

It says ae88 but is basicaly an 86 with the wheel on the other side.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

9 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Bleh bleh meeemeemeeemeeememe AE88 

It says ae88 but is basicaly an 86 with the wheel on the other side.

Yeah but its not an 86.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

51 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Not sure?

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=rkdjQO9WGyw

They have a AE88 Hatch, AE88 Coupe, and a S13 Hatch. Love their content so much

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

Yeah but its not an 86.

Well then, mine isnt either.... But nobody revognises the car you own if you say "the 88" if you say "the 86" people instsntly know what it is. To keep it simple im calling it an 86 Even if the chassis number says ae88.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good fucking god is this ugly.

Looks better than the new Raptor IMO

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

30 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah I can't respond to this.

but hey, that small truck with the diesel engine can tow 3.5 tons. that's actually quite impressive.

6 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

so it's the same case with the e36 m3 where it looked like the edm m3, but we just get fucked over hard because it was weaker and uglier?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I wouldn't saw weaker,just not the same. 

i mean the usdm e36 m3 and the eudm e36 m3 looked identical, but underneath, they were very different.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I know. Same with the ae88. But it does t mean that they're not good cars. I wouldn't buy them but they're good cars. Step grandpa actually had a black 2 door M3. Don't remember what E it was but he said it was a lot of fun. He decided he wanted to roll it but it was fun he said. Still got up and went like a bat out of hell. 

i mean i'd take one and put some led lights and swap either a european spec m3 engine or i'd just turbo the stock one.

30 minutes ago, terrytek said:

but hey, that small truck with the diesel engine can tow 3.5 tons. that's actually quite impressive.

so it's the same case with the e36 m3 where it looked like the edm m3, but we just get fucked over hard because it was weaker and uglier?

No, far from it because the cars are the same except the changes that were made to adapt the car to the us market.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Good fucking god is this ugly.

Looks like the new Tacoma, which I also think is ugly AF 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

trucks in general these days are ugly

im still waiting for that E92 M3 pickup...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vetali said:

At least the Tacoma doesn't look like a botoxed vehicle as much.

This is just.

Ew, over priced ugliness.

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

trucks in general these days are ugly

im still waiting for that E92 M3 pickup...

Yep. 

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

At least the Tacoma doesn't look like a botoxed vehicle as much.

This is just.

Ew, over priced ugliness.

Yeah well I expected that from Mercedes, not really Toyota. I've said it many times but Toyota's "design language" is horrendous right now. From the Tundra down to the Prius. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

9 minutes ago, vetali said:

i actually like the front end of the tacoma. :/ 

Yep. 

Yeah well I expected that from Mercedes, not really Toyota. I've said it many times but Toyota's "design language" is horrendous right now. From the Tundra down to the Prius. 

the tundra's looked essentially the same since 2008, with a refresh just last year i believe. they really need a new generation of tundra. one that's stronger, more efficient, and more comfortable as well.

6 minutes ago, vetali said:

The new Prius makes me want to vomit, they should have left it boring looking.

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I've seen the new diesel Titan, the new tacomas, the new gas tundras, the new GMCs, the new Chevies, the new Fords, the new Dodges, in person. the GM, the dodge, and the Tacoma are the most tolerable, but still not great looking IMO

I still like my Fuds :ph34r:

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Why? They're plenty comfortable and good enough for most people. People that buy them aren't gonna hot shot with them or use it as a work vehicle so there's no reason to make them pull more. 

I I think the diesel going in whenever it refreshes is going to satisfy the niche that want it

i believe the diesel can help boost sales. but the plastic in the interior looks cheap and there's a lot of it. maybe some soft touch materials here and there couldn't hurt. and besides i do see them as work vehicles all the time.

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i actually like the front end of the tacoma. :/ 

the tundra's looked essentially the same since 2008, with a refresh just last year i believe. they really need a new generation of tundra. one that's stronger, more efficient, and more comfortable as well.

Yeah, and an interior that isn't dated as late 2000s Chrysler. 

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The new Prius makes me want to vomit, they should have left it boring looking.

I still like my Fuds :ph34r:

I saw one in the wild yesterday as well instead of rotting on the lot. They look horrible. Just down right terrible. Makes the old generations look good. Its like an awful concept car that should of never hit production. 

Yeah, and an interior that isn't dated as late 2000s Chrysler. 

I saw one in the wild yesterday as well instead of rotting on the lot. They look horrible. Just down right terrible. Makes the old generations look good. Its like an awful concept car that should of never hit production. 

i just stated above how they still have way too much plastic in the interior that toyota is known for. they need more soft touch materials on the dash really.

e5l44tgxdmcnt96jr7qq.jpg

WELP. @MEC-777 Audi is officially withdrawing from the WEC as of 2016 to focus it's efforts elsewhere, mainly DTM and Formula E in support of Team Abt . This leaves Team Joest , who runs the R18s, in a very awkward spot . I wish then the best of luck and really hope they don't go the way of Rebellion . For a team whose  been running in the top class of endurance racing since for days of their 911 GT1,  it'd be a shame to see them not participate . 

Dieselgate is the driving force behind this high profile incident.  

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/audi-dumps-the-endurance-race-it-conquered-for-electric-1788228181

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

37 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I mean like this

and yeah the diesel will help, might help a lot, but Toyota is late to the game of a US diesel, and neither the Nissan or the Toyota are going to be able to pull with the same durability of the Dodge, Ford, or the Duramax. 

However I do want the Tundra to out pull the Titan despite them supposed to be using the same Cummins engine.

I'm fairly confident Toyota could make a better large truck than Nissan.