Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

A mk4 tt manual supra will cost you more than 500k nok over here....

NA MK4 for 12k euros (used to be RHD but got converted to LHD and comes with a replacement manual gearbox )

single turbo 550hp MK4 for 39k euros (looks like it has custom black and yellow interior and has N2O)

both automatic and both great condition 

and they are like the only ones for sale here xD and both have been for sale since mid to late September 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

you realize, that supras have a cult following here, and they're actually somewhat rare? and i keep seeing mkiv supras go on sale on craigslist like once every few weeks. so it's not unusual to see such high prices in america for a supra.

honestly i've seen some eclipse 100k usd for a manual twin turbo supra.

There's 17 Supra's for sale atm in the whole of the UK.

4 of them are TT, only one is Manual, and that one is heavily modified

The few untouched ones are cheaper than some of the modified ones but all are still under 25k

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

There's 17 Supra's for sale atm in the whole of the UK.

4 of them are TT, only one is Manual, and that one is heavily modified

The few untouched ones are cheaper than some of the modified ones but all are still under 25k

i don't understand why supras are so cheap over there. over here, ever since it made an appearance in the first f&f movie, people have been wanting one, that's my assumption.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i don't understand why supras are so cheap over there. over here, ever since it made an appearance in the first f&f movie, people have been wanting one, that's my assumption.

im guessing in UK they are cheap cause RHD .... no need to convert it to LHD or find a LHD one ... just import one form japan 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, terrytek said:

Insurance is incredibly expensive IIRC

Saying that, its cheaper to buy an R32/33 GTR than it is a good Supra.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

im guessing in UK they are cheap cause RHD .... no need to convert it to LHD or find a LHD one ... just import one form japan 

Importing the car makes them more expensive

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Insurance is incredibly expensive IIRC

Saying that, its cheaper to buy an R32/33 GTR than it is a good Supra.

i mean insurance for any sports car, regardless of place of origin, is expensive. and it's the same here, even skylines (only the legal r32) is cheaper to buy than a nice supra.

9 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

it could, but importing does get expensive, because of taxes and shit you have to pay.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Importing the car makes them more expensive

true ... 

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

i'd expect headlight visibility to suck. even small crossovers have sucky headlights, with the cx-5 having the best headlights of them all. i thought headlight technology over the years would advance so that you can see much farther without blinding people. tragic.

32 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i'd expect headlight visibility to suck. even small crossovers have sucky headlights, with the cx-5 having the best headlights of them all. i thought headlight technology over the years would advance so that you can see much farther without blinding people. tragic.

Nah, a lot of headlight tech in the past 4 years is still pretty new. Gonna be a while before they get it right, if ever.

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

They were already good for spotting out terrible drivers. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

44 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean insurance for any sports car, regardless of place of origin, is expensive. and it's the same here, even skylines (only the legal r32) is cheaper to buy than a nice supra.

it could, but importing does get expensive, because of taxes and shit you have to pay.

Insurance on Supra's tho is unusually expensive. I know someone who pays less for their 996 than they did on a single turbo supra. And they got a much nicer car

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Wanna make a pact to get those Cree LED headlights for xmas?

Nope. :P Rather get the '14 headlight housing and HIDs but I'm not even going to change my headlights unless they go out. Then I might consider a slightly brighter bulb.

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

J7ePTTS.gif

the more i look at this ... the more i want to laugh at that guy ... idk why xD 

That gif ^ reminds me of something that happened yesterday.

I was driving back from work on a pretty small road, and on that road is a bridge, that is right on top of a hill. So very poor visibility from both directions.

It's also quite fast for such a small road, 60kmh/37mph speedlimit. Just as I went over the hill and on to the bridge a lorry did the same on the other end. Scared the living daylights out of me.

Luckily I don't drive a landyacht so I managed to squeeze by.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

13 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

lol good job taking that corner

Spot on.

Entered way too fast, couldn't slow down, otherwise he would 'drift', so he kept going...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Sister-in-law texted me a little while ago. She lost one of the valve stem caps and wanted to know if it was an issue. I said no, the valve holds the air in and the cap just covers it. Any shop should just give you one since they're not even worth pennies. 

Then she said the tire maybe looked a little low and complained because she now has to go to the dealer to get it topped up with nitrogen, which they charge to do. (She drives a Prius C). I told her she can top it off with air and they then told her - "you can't mix air and nitrogen or it can explode the tire"... 

Image result for laughing gif

This is what these "advisers" tell people? This is why we call them "stealerships". 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

12 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Sister-in-law texted me a little while ago. She lost one of the valve stem caps and wanted to know if it was an issue. I said no, the valve holds the air in and the cap just covers it. Any shop should just give you one since they're not even worth pennies. 

Then she said the tire maybe looked a little low and complained because she now has to go to the dealer to get it topped up with nitrogen, which they charge to do. (She drives a Prius C). I told her she can top it off with air and they then told her - "you can't mix air and nitrogen or it can explode the tire"... 

This is what these "advisers" tell people? This is why we call them "stealerships". 

wait ... i think too smart to understand wtf i just read .... 

17 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Rm9uhP0.gif

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

wait ... i think too smart to understand wtf i just read .... 

They were trying to take advantage of her, saying the tire could explode if she put air in with the nitrogen. It's complete BS.

The air we breathe is 78% nitrogen, the rest is oxygen and vapor. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

@MEC-777 here's one of the guys I worked with over the summer at a few events. Really cool guy, does amazing video work. Daily drives an ISF. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB