Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

58 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Since you're my only friend on Forza Horizon 3, all my times and speeds and scores are compared to yours... haha

I need more friends so I don't feel as bad with you being better almost everywhere (or maybe feel worse).  so come on people, either add me to your Horizon 3 thing or give me your gamer tag so I can add you (pm is fine if you don't wanna post it here.  mine is warmmilk350

RevoltTrain1 is mine

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Vettel isn't linked to Renault anymore :P

The twizzy is barely a fraction as safe as the WRC car let alone fast lol.

Was the Renault Sport edition still an EV?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

dont think this was posted yet 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

twizy f1

I want one ples

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Really makes your car feel modern when the replacement springs are advertised for 1981 model years and onwards.

Also noticed another thing on the way to work this morning. Got the rear to slide a little bit in an empty roundabout.

And a little light came on on the dash

"Low traction" 

Yeah no shit sherlock. 

Actually found it pretty amusing. Some cars will just hammer on the traction control and stop you right there. 

The camaro just went "Dude. You're sliding. Just checking to see that you know this" 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Damn... Kimi's had such a rough year. Hearing the radios is pretty painful, even for an ex-Ferrari fan.

@MEC-777

Also the T-Rex at Turn 15.

myc4JDU.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Looked up the parking brake parts i might need. Fully expecting one of these deals

mezmg%20705v_large_0.jpg

The result however, was this

bromsbackar-handbroms.jpg

Alright chevy now you're just fucking with me..

"We ain't got parts for ya fuckin' piece o' shit. Here are sum fuckin' horseshoes"  

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

One-Owner Mercedes CLS63 AMG With 395,000 Miles Yours for the low price of $9,000.

@terrytek It comes pre-slammed

8 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

One-Owner Mercedes CLS63 AMG With 395,000 Miles Yours for the low price of $9,000.

I posted this several days ago and people completely ignored me -_-

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's low af, it's missing the side skirt, and it has a shit ton of toe in the rear wheel. Probably as fucked as it can get.

Air suspension is only 'slightly' damaged :D

But damn, that car has traveled far is a short while.

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

It's low af, it's missing the side skirt, and it has a shit ton of toe in the rear wheel. Probably as fucked as it can get.

roadkill-meme-555c0afbbf79c-55cff3b62ca3

2 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Air suspension is only 'slightly' damaged :D

But damn, that car has traveled far is a short while.

One has to wonder what the owner had planned with that drive. 

Enemy spotted!

image.jpeg

Lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

~snip~

One has to wonder what the owner had planned with that drive. 

One comment say that the driver might have been a 'high-class drug runner' or something.

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Enemy spotted!

Lol

idk why .. but i realllly love the look of the S2k way more than the mx-5 .... sorry ....

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Just now, GlassBomb said:

One comment say that the driver might have been a 'high-class drug runner' or something.

A camera at a red light managed to get a picture showing the driver

transporter-scrns-04.jpg

15 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

idk why .. but i realllly love the look of the S2k way more than the mx-5 .... sorry ....

I agree with you. S2K's are out of my price range though lol

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I agree with you. S2K's are out of my price range though lol

I know the feel. There's a mint CR near me but I don't think it'll sell for a while. Regular AP2s sell for 20-25K depending on condition. AP1s slightly less, but would make for a decent track car platform. Same importer that has a mint MY00 R34 VSpec for 72K.

Screenshot_2016-10-16-22-14-18.png

I'd love to do what Speed Academy did to the BADASS2000. Bought a nugget AP2 for dirt cheap from a friend who neglected it, then rebuilt it from the ground up. Was faster than a V6 Ftype before the re-tune and further mods.

On another note:

Folding@Home | BOINC

Holy crap its almost been four full months since i bought the camaro :o

Where the hell did that time go!?

Edit as to not fill up the thread with my inane ramblings more than i already have.

Was browsing a parts website and i skimmed past this

switch-elhiss-retro-1-516.jpg

The thumbnail was small enough for me to not really read the text and i went

"YES! YES! WIND DOWN WINDOows... Oh for fucks sake!"

Just why.. Oh well.. Guess i have to get new window motors after all.. 

58 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I know the feel. There's a mint CR near me but I don't think it'll sell for a while. Regular AP2s sell for 20-25K depending on condition. AP1s slightly less, but would make for a decent track car platform. Same importer that has a mint MY00 R34 VSpec for 72K.

I'd love to do what Speed Academy did to the BADASS2000. Bought a nugget AP2 for dirt cheap from a friend who neglected it, then rebuilt it from the ground up. Was faster than a V6 Ftype before the re-tune and further mods.

On another note:

really? s2ks are that expensive over there? a nice ap2 s2k will run you around 15 grand in great condition. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5842045989.html i'm just assuming s2ks are rare in canada?

1 hour ago, GlassBomb said:

jesus, that's more miles than 80 percent of the toyotas sold on craigslist here (i went with toyota because i see a lot of them with 300k+ miles). but sheesh, he put on more miles in 2 years than my dad has in 5 years of owning the corolla.

1 hour ago, techswede said:

I'll take it.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

oh yeah, apparently my friend bought a twin turbo mkiv supra, FOR 9 FREAKING GRAND. like it looked like in good condition, and it was a stick shift model. i don't understand how he got a functioning supra for that low. i feel like there might be some major problem he doesn't know about.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

24 minutes ago, terrytek said:

really? s2ks are that expensive over there? a nice ap2 s2k will run you around 15 grand in great condition. http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/5842045989.html i'm just assuming s2ks are rare in canada?

jesus, that's more miles than 80 percent of the toyotas sold on craigslist here (i went with toyota because i see a lot of them with 300k+ miles). but sheesh, he put on more miles in 2 years than my dad has in 5 years of owning the corolla.

I'll take it.

AP2s are plentiful and hold their value well, similar to STIs, although you pay a crazy penny for one < 100,000 KM and for 2006+. Problem is our currency has always traded poorly against the US and because of our winters, you pay a premium for a clean one with good mileage. There are a few that have done their part in the show scene as of late, others that have been successful at track events.

A quick provincial (state-wide) search of available S2Ks in the spoiler.

Spoiler

s2000.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

Also RIP. It's official, Scion is no more as far as the books are concerned. 

Time of death: 24-10-2016 18:00 EST

Cause of death: unknown

scion.png

Folding@Home | BOINC