Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Strando123 said:

i know, wish i had that engine in my starlet, i would then have 10hp per kg of car (aproximately)

Dump the clutch and that starlet is doing backflips xD 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

How do you guys typically diagnose alignment issues? I had my car aligned when I bought it a month and a half ago but the steering wheel remained off just a tiny bit to the left. I started fooling with brakes (regressed sliding pins which had nothing on them and stuff) and now the wheel has switched positions, I have to hold it slightly to the right to go straight. 

After messing with the rear brakes yesterday I'm now pretty sure it wasn't just the brakes. So what would be a good place to start? Assume the alignment shop didn't do it right or do I need change tie rods or something? alignments are expensive and I'm not really sure how to DIY them so... Need a decent method here. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Dump the clutch and that starlet is doing backflips xD 

yup, and it could probably do it untill you run out off gas if you put some huge dragslicks on it xD

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, techswede said:

Neat. Probably won't be implemented because of the cost of all the building required :/

I feel that it will for certain sections of road. Everywhere would just be ridiculous. But mayor stretches of highway where a lot of trucks travel. Adding this to a few hundred km's would certainly make a difference.

Think the main roads taken between Stockholm, Göteborg, and Skåne. And if it's already lit roads, then getting additional power there should be easy.

Sometimes, it's worth waking up early for cars and coffee.

@MEC-777

DSC07396.jpg

DSC07396_1.jpg

@Maybach123 @bcredeur97

LAMBORGHINI-2012 LP570-4

BLANCPAIN EDITION SUPER TROFEO

VIN # ZBHGC7AJSCLA11191

7/12

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

yup, and it could probably do it untill you run out off gas if you put some huge dragslicks on it xD

If i had the money to throw at an engine like that. I'd put it into a starlet with all the stock drivetrain in it to see what would happen xD

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

I feel that it will for certain sections of road. Everywhere would just be ridiculous. But mayor stretches of highway where a lot of trucks travel. Adding this to a few hundred km's would certainly make a difference.

Think the main roads taken between Stockholm, Göteborg, and Skåne. And if it's already lit roads, then getting additional power there should be easy.

Well at least it would be better than miljöpartiets earlier attempts to ban trucks from towns.. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

If i had the money to throw at an engine like that. I'd put it into a starlet with all the stock drivetrain in it to see what would happen xD

clutch dump = download.jpg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Well at least it would be better than miljöpartiets earlier attempts to ban trucks from towns.. 

They have no idea how bad that would be... Trucks is the main means of transportation of goods here in Sweden.

And imagine the impact it would have on our logging industry. Hell, ANY industry that involves the moving of anything with a truck. Trucks move a buckload of weight around using relatively little fuel.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

They have no idea how bad that would be... Trucks is the main means of transportation of goods here in Sweden.

And imagine the impact it would have on our logging industry. Hell, ANY industry that involves the moving of anything with a truck. Trucks move a buckload of weight around using relatively little fuel.

Yup. I voted pirate in the previous elections so all i can do is sit back and scowl at our politicians though.

They also want to raise gas prices by 6kr. (Which would put gas prices at around $8.88 per gallon) 

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

How do you guys typically diagnose alignment issues? I had my car aligned when I bought it a month and a half ago but the steering wheel remained off just a tiny bit to the left. I started fooling with brakes (regressed sliding pins which had nothing on them and stuff) and now the wheel has switched positions, I have to hold it slightly to the right to go straight. 

After messing with the rear brakes yesterday I'm now pretty sure it wasn't just the brakes. So what would be a good place to start? Assume the alignment shop didn't do it right or do I need change tie rods or something? alignments are expensive and I'm not really sure how to DIY them so... Need a decent method here. 

You should of took it back when you realized the wheel was off. The wheel should be straight on a road with a normal crown and your tires are inflated. Did you rotate your tires at all? There is also a chance something wasn't tightened down right and its coming out of spec again. 

I would not mess with alignment stuff at home if you aren't doing work to alignment parts. Even then I would just get it good enough to drive to get an alignment. Alignment machines are very accurate now days, thats why they cost $40k+. Any issue afterwards is the person that did the alignments' fault. I had mine done after I got tires and right when I got on the highway my steering wheel was about 2-3 degrees off, which it wasn't before. Had to take it back and have their actual "alignment guy" do it. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

25 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Sometimes, it's worth waking up early for cars and coffee.

@MEC-777

DSC07396.jpg

DSC07396_1.jpg

@Maybach123 @bcredeur97

LAMBORGHINI-2012 LP570-4

BLANCPAIN EDITION SUPER TROFEO

VIN # ZBHGC7AJSCLA11191

7/12

one of the prettier gallardos :o:x

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Adding full ethanol conversion to the list of stuff i want to do to the camaro..

39 minutes ago, vetali said:

You should of took it back when you realized the wheel was off. The wheel should be straight on a road with a normal crown and your tires are inflated. Did you rotate your tires at all? There is also a chance something wasn't tightened down right and its coming out of spec again. 

I would not mess with alignment stuff at home if you aren't doing work to alignment parts. Even then I would just get it good enough to drive to get an alignment. Alignment machines are very accurate now days, thats why they cost $40k+. Any issue afterwards is the person that did the alignments' fault. I had mine done after I got tires and right when I got on the highway my steering wheel was about 2-3 degrees off, which it wasn't before. Had to take it back and have their actual "alignment guy" do it. 

I did rotate my tires. Put the rears on the front since they are kinda old and hard and I was drifting everywhere (fun but annoying In the rain lol) 

whats interesting is as soon as I messed with the brakes it changed. Steering wheel went from having to hold a slight left to a slight right. That's what didn't make sense to me. Why would the brakes affect it? Thought it was something dragging in the back because I messed with the fronts first but now that I've messed with the rears I know that isn't it. 

Whats also interesting is when I got an alignment I got a custom one so they payed a bit more attention to detail you know? But I guess they still did it wrong idk

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I did rotate my tires. Put the rears on the front since they are kinda old and hard and I was drifting everywhere (fun but annoying In the rain lol) 

whats interesting is as soon as I messed with the brakes it changed. Steering wheel went from having to hold a slight left to a slight right. That's what didn't make sense to me. Why would the brakes affect it? Thought it was something dragging in the back because I messed with the fronts first but now that I've messed with the rears I know that isn't it. 

Whats also interesting is when I got an alignment I got a custom one so they payed a bit more attention to detail you know? But I guess they still did it wrong idk

You rotated your tires when you did the brake job? If so then your issue is tires. Check pressures

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

If i had $2500 i could pick up a 2010 camaro LLT engine for my car

chevrolet_camaro_2010_motor_bensin.jpg

Would be kind of neat. 

10 minutes ago, vetali said:

You rotated your tires when you did the brake job? If so then your issue is tires. Check pressures

I can't remember when I rotated my tires. It was either when I was changing coolant or doing the brakes idk.... 

I'll check the pressures though when I get home. Need to do that anyway haven't done it since I got it.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

If i had $2500 i could pick up a 2010 camaro LLT engine for my car

chevrolet_camaro_2010_motor_bensin.jpg

Would be kind of neat. 

$2500? Geez.... That's the price when new or? 

Spoiler

i kinda regret showing my dad roadkill, he got hooked and started watching from episode 1

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

$2500? Geez.... That's the price when new or? 

Out of a crashed 2010 camaro. It is exactly the price of a 2j xD 

The V8 out of a crashed car will go for around $8000.

you guys get 2j engines for 2500????? here you are LUCKY if you find a rb25det for 2500$

(yes i get that the price is in usd)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

you guys get 2j engines for 2500????? here you are LUCKY if you find a rb25det for 2500$

(yes i get that the price is in usd)

RB's are still cheap over here. $1200ish for one with a cut harness 

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Get a LQ out a truck and save a lot of money. 

RB's are still cheap over here. $1200ish for one with a cut harness 

damn... i gotta move to sweden, you guys regularely see r32 r33 and r34 skylines for sale in your country, you can buy good engines for "cheap" AND you are the country where the best god damn car ever made was produced, the volvo s60 polestar. (i love the polestar, would never buy one because id never have a driverlisence if i had one and speed limits would be concidered a "vague suggestion"

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server: