Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

So thats interesting. I managed to blow the motor in a Ageria by attempting to see how long it takes to burn a set of tires. Motor gave out after 20 min of a 3rd gear doughnuts.

Uhh.. I hope not IRL.

That moment when you photobomb the speedhunters LOL. Thats me once again in the red shirt.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

7 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

*Drools*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Great. Right when i'm about to move my neighbor seems to have swapped to a less obnoxious exhaust on his civic...

COULDN'T YOU HAVE DONE THAT THREE YEARS AGO YOU WANKER.  

He leaves at five in the morning for work and for those three years its been a constant

"BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*Five minutes pass*AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

*Automatic transmission finally shifts up* 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Feel the hate from fanboys:

IMG_20160807_155717.jpg

(Got bored in slrr and decided to build a 2j swapped r34 and soon im going to build a rb26 swapped supra)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

7 hours ago, warmmilk said:

Haha, you've got some great eyes there!

You don't wanna get Hawk HP+ and shoot sparks? 

i mean unless there is something on top of the pad surface. It's like weird and very rough. like a very low grit sandpaper almost. 

HP+ pads are soooo expensive....

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

i might get an old civic to fuck around with (non road legal, used for auto-cross and stuff) mod the engine a little (better intake, exhaust and cams) plus mod it so that vtec is permanently locked on for lolz. (car with mods would cost 1500 usd (15k nok) and that would once again allow me to avoid thrashing on the starlet whenever i want to have some fun (starlet weould then get put into storage untill im 18))

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

is photographing cars your job? (if not, you should push for it, your photos are amazing!)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

is photographing cars your job? (if not, you should push for it, your photos are amazing!)

Nah, just a hobby. Lots of spare time this summer.

Thanks though!

Folding@Home | BOINC

Found a local shop that does diff repairs and the guy even builds diffs for drag cars.

I wonder if i could get a decent price there

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

41 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Couldn't help but notice the door on the silver car next to the 370 lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Been watching a bit of dashcam footage of a trucker in Sweden. Seems the main issue he has to deal with is people cutting in front of him.

Truckers get the biggest respect from me. They are driving 25 meter long vehicles that can weigh up to 60 tonnes.

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Couldn't help but notice the door on the silver car next to the 370 lol

It's a 370Z Nismo S-Tune.

Folding@Home | BOINC

hang on two seconds, is freiburger`s F-bomb camaro actualy the camaro from fast and furious 4?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

It's a 370Z Nismo S-Tune.

Looks like it has scissor doors?

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Looks like it has scissor doors?

it has, they arent factory but someone likes them......

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

hang on two seconds, is freiburger`s F-bomb camaro actualy the camaro from fast and furious 4?

Yup. Or at least the thing they copied.

He actually has a fender from one of the movie cars^^ You can see it in the charger buildup video.

Just now, techswede said:

Yup. Or at least the thing they copied.

He actually has a fender from one of the movie cars^^ You can see it in the charger buildup video.

damn, (i knew he has a fender, that episode is among my top 3 favorite episodes) but seriously that car is awesome!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, Strando123 said:

damn, (i knew he has a fender, that episode is among my top 3 favorite episodes) but seriously that car is awesome!

1500bhp twin turbo daily driver xD 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

1500bhp twin turbo daily driver xD 

i know, wish i had that engine in my starlet, i would then have 10 3.5hp per kg of car (aproximately)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, GlassBomb said:

Guys, look what I found out that we have...

So far it's only on a 2km strip of roadway, but it's an interesting way of making trucks greener.

Neat. Probably won't be implemented because of the cost of all the building required :/