Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 hours ago, Strando123 said:

I have been thinking about the starlet and i just realize something, i started it with the idea that it would become a killer drift car, i finishen it with that in mind and now i have a car that wont understeer and might actually flip instead of drift if you provoke it too hard..... #Grip4Dayz is fun and all but i allways envisioned going through a corner sideways with my wheels on the ground....

maybe crappier compound on the tires?

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

What do you guys think about the new volvos? i personally love the design! (Im Norwegian though)

I saw you where motorcycle friendly, so i thought i could post this here... i have a moped (50cc) i know it is not a motorcycle, but i wondered what more i could do to it, and what you think about the looks. Thanks for answers... :) I have put on whaite spokeskins and white handguards.

moped1.jpg

14 minutes ago, AVAisHERE said:

What do you guys think about the new volvos? i personally love the design! (Im Norwegian though)

dude, be patriotic, you dont need the swedish bullshit, drive a Troll!

20160619_Trollbilen_0131.jpg

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

dude, be patriotic, you dont need the swedish bullshit, drive a Troll!

20160619_Trollbilen_0131.jpg

isn't there only 5 of those?

Page 550. 
Here's a maranello 

ferrari-550-maranello-10.jpg

Edit. Missed it by that much..

Eh have it anyway.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

43 minutes ago, AVAisHERE said:

Currently craving a new XC90 R Design lol

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Page 550. 
Here's a maranello 

ferrari-550-maranello-10.jpg

Eh have it anyway.

I gotchu.

Spotted: Canadian Grand Prix Weekend

Okay, technically a 575M but shhh.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Page 550. 
Here's a maranello 

Eh have it anyway.

Lol, its alright, we'll be at 2575 before you know it

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

1 hour ago, Cracklingice said:

maybe crappier compound on the tires?

Yeah, p888 Street slicks are grippy, maybe i should get some balding dry-rotted tyres from a dumpster behind a tyre shop instead xD

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Oh and there is a guy in trollhättan that seems to be dailying a GT350R (At least it says that on the side) 

It sounds soo mean and the suspension looks almost solid. 

Seen him a few times in the past two weeks and its white with red accents 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

Oh and there is a guy in trollhättan that seems to be dailying a GT350R (At least it says that on the side) 

It sounds soo mean and the suspension looks almost solid. 

Seen him a few times in the past two weeks and its white with red accents 

I wouldn't be able to park a GT350R anywhere without fear of the rims being stolen.

Those carbon rims retail for like $10,000 or something like that.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

I wouldn't be able to park a GT350R anywhere without fear of the rims being stolen.

People still steal rims??

Just now, GlassBomb said:

Holy hell. I thought they were just black wheels o.O 

Hey, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but this is the only car thread I could find so I thought I might try.

If this thread is NOT ment for car troubleshooting, please tell me immediately, I will ask somewhere else.

My mom drives a black Ford Mondeo MK IV Station, 6 speed manual.

My mom literally couldn't care less about the car's health and never services it, which breaks me as I like the car. I won't be surprised if it's been running on the same oil for the past 5 years. I'm the only one concerned about the car's health and clean it once in a while to make it look nice.

Now we were going for a family trip, and I noticed the car makes a very audible whining noise when accelerating, the noise pitches up and down with the engine rpm, and is most noticeable in 3rd to 5th gear and at low rpm's.

The car sounds like a bus driving away from the station.

It really sounds very similar to this:

The car drives fine, it's just the noise.

I've talked with my dad about it, and he could only make sarcastic comments about it like "even more reason to get a new car" because he doesn't like the car.

What do you guys think it could be?

I was thinking transmission, and I wanted to check transmission fluid level but I don't have physical access to the car at the moment.

If I don't troubleshoot the car, she will continue to drive it until it breaks down and we're in for expensive repairs. She did the same with her previous car and ended up scrapping it.

As I have to drive the car as well, and like the car I don't want it to break down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Yeah, they do. A pair of wheels with decent rims and nice rubber is worth quite a bit.

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Holy hell. I thought they were just black wheels o.O 

I was wrong. Front is $4,000 a piece. Rear $3,500 each. Give or take a bit.

You don't think they would, but they change the handling of the car by quite a bit. With each tire+rim having 15+ pounds of unsprung weight removed.

4 minutes ago, deWaardt said:

~snip~

Easiest way to check if it's the transmission or not.

>Do you still have the sound happening while stationary? Keep the car in neutral and rev the car a bit.

Could be something attached to the serpentine belt of the engine creating the noise.

14 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

They steal factory honda rims over in Miami.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

Found this for sale.

A Puma GTB S2

0539625641.jpg

A Brazilian sports car with a chevy straight six + a couple of standing weber 45's 

Kind of digging the styling of it. Needs a v8 though

12 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Easiest way to check if it's the transmission or not.

>Do you still have the sound happening while stationary? Keep the car in neutral and rev the car a bit.

Could be something attached to the serpentine belt of the engine creating the noise.

Ah thanks, that's a good one.

I will try that as soon as I have access to the car again, which will probably be tomorrow as the car is in use at the moment.

1 hour ago, AVAisHERE said:

The V90 is really good and i would totally drive this if it went into production (And wasn't front wheel drive)

volvo-concept-coupe.jpg

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

The V90 is really good and i would totally drive this if it went into production (And wasn't front wheel drive)

volvo-concept-coupe.jpg

design looks legit, i absolutley love the new design they came up with. hope this car will make it to production.