Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, Strando123 said:

oh

giphy.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

Don't really need that to get to my favorite fishing spot. 

I miss going fishing sometimes... it was so nice and peaceful. Used to have a pond behind one of the many houses my family has been through and I used to go there like every single day and catch small brim, bass, and even some "crappie" (people call them sac-a-lait here). Good times.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

eh i prefer fishing like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6X92PzMBSg

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I miss going fishing sometimes... it was so nice and peaceful. Used to have a pond behind one of the many houses my family has been through and I used to go there like every single day and catch small brim, bass, and even some "crappie" (people call them sac-a-lait here). Good times.

Its mostly pike and perch fishing over here. And the lake i used to fish at has overgrown old tractor tracks leading to it. Hence the need for a 4x4

Peace and quiet is valuable nowadays^^  

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

eh i prefer fishing like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6X92PzMBSg

One of those guys probably needs to have shrapnel extracted from his face.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I don't know why I thought of this. But I thought of putting something like a S54 engine from an M3 into the body of Caterham or similar...

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

I don't know why I thought of this. But I thought of putting something like a S54 engine from an M3 into the body of Caterham or similar...

Might fit with a bit of metalwork. 

Just now, techswede said:

Would be an interesting match.

1 minute ago, techswede said:

how about a 1200hp rb26 in a caterham?

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

i have yet to see anything smaller than idk lets say 7 liters last very long with 1000hp lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

Would be an interesting match.

It wouldn't be that much more powerful than the 620s but it would have a much nicer soundtrack 

Kind of pointless in a caterham. 

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

i have yet to see anything smaller than idk lets say 7 liters last very long with 1000hp lol

eh, team driftmonkey have most of their supras set up to produce 1100hp they last somewhere around one to one and a half season of high rpm drifting.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Just now, techswede said:

It wouldn't be that much more powerful than the 620s but it would have a much nicer soundtrack 

Kind of pointless in a caterham. 

but the hp to kg ratio though!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Would be way overkill for something as small as a Caterham. The fastest Caterhams already come with ~300 HP engines.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

2JZ's and RB's can handle that all day long!

I know its true! I read it on the internet! /s

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

2JZ's and RB's can handle that all day long!

I know its true! I read it on the internet! /s

but seriously, if you are going to push that much power with something japanese you have to go rotary, i hear they last forever producing 1600hp at 9000000000000000000000000000rpm

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

but seriously, if you are going to push that much power with something japanese you have to go rotary, i hear they last forever producing 1600hp at 9000000000000000000000000000rpm

And still produce only 130nm's of torque 

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I miss fishing too.  I used to love overnight shark fishing at the pier even though it was against the rules to target shark.  Also loved staying til like 11am to catch the spanish mackerel runs.  Those were fun.  Unfortunately, I can't really do that anymore.  Too much back pain.  To present to the mackerel, I'd have to bend over the rail.  Last time I tried I almost fell over from the pain. :(

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

1 minute ago, Cracklingice said:

I miss fishing too.  I used to love overnight shark fishing at the pier even though it was against the rules to target shark.  Also loved staying til like 11am to catch the spanish mackerel runs.  Those were fun.  Unfortunately, I can't really do that anymore.  Too much back pain.  To present to the mackerel, I'd have to bend over the rail.  Last time I tried I almost fell over from the pain. :(

Sciatica?

Couldn't really tell you.  I think it's damaged discs.

7 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Couldn't really tell you.  I think it's damaged discs.

Ah.. Darn. Have you checked with a doctor? 

Still trying to figure out a name for the camaro.

(Yes i name my cars. I'm that kind of weirdo) 

Only when I did it for the purpose of getting pain meds prescribed.  I don't want to go that route again.  I already had an addictive personality, but taking strong opiate pain killers for a year and a half really kicked that into overdrive to a point where instead of being annoying, it interferes with my daily life to a point I don't have one anymore.

3 minutes ago, Cracklingice said:

Only when I did it for the purpose of getting pain meds prescribed.  I don't want to go that route again.  I already had an addictive personality, but taking strong opiate pain killers for a year and a half really kicked that into overdrive to a point where instead of being annoying, it interferes with my daily life to a point I don't have one anymore.

Sorry to hear that man :/ 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Eh. I name my computers sometimes and I named my S10 Beth.

I'm thinking cammy. But it feels soo cliché 

19 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm thinking cammy. But it feels soo cliché 

Name it Cammy and throw a ridiculously overkill cam in it. Make the idle thump in your heart from the noise. :P

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Name it Cammy and throw a ridiculously overkill cam in it. Make the idle thump in your heart from the noise. :P

Can't seem to find any performance cams for the L67 thats going in it..