Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

I want to get this car and make it look like a normal E class and then race ricers and make them cry

The AMG version of the wagon makes me drool. 3.8 sec 0-60 time. That is flipping fast for a wagon.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Exactly! 

I like the 5th gen more. I want a 5th or 4th gen leggy GT as my first car :)

I'm a 4th gen fan 

retro12_SE01_0.jpg

System: Thinkpad T460

Today is a sad day. I had to sell my dying '95 BMW 750il V12... If only i could have yanked that engine before i scrapped it xD

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Can't believe I didn't find this sooner. Since I don't have my garage heated I only play with my mechanical toys starting in spring. My tech fever usually keeps me warm in the winter.

post-187531-0-42394300-1423202164.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

I'm a 4th gen fan 

Yeah, same but I just like the 5th gen more..

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

The AMG version of the wagon makes me drool. 3.8 sec 0-60 time. That is flipping fast for a wagon.

Take off the V8 Biturbo badge and put on an "E320" badge and you're good to go :D Some nice 16's wouldnt hurt. and some black paint on those calipers

What about making this look like a normal Golf wagon

golf-r_600c-620x414.jpg

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.

Did somebody say wagon? 

~~

~~

Lol, I don't know how long you've been around on this thread, but I've posted some old American wagons quite a few times. I don't know much about muscle, but theyre sick.  Chevelle wagons are SWEET!

I wouldnt mind this one either

eOVBdO7.png

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I saw some crazy driving a Buick Electra Estate. It looked huge and bloated, so weird.

E: Crazy because of fuel costs. If Americans complain about gas prices, they'd probably refuse driving here.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Can't believe I didn't find this sooner. Since I don't have my garage heated I only play with my mechanical toys starting in spring. My tech fever usually keeps me warm in the winter.

I'll just leave this here.

Welcome to the thread! Be prepared for it to take up WAYY too much of your free time :D

I noticed you liking my earlier posts from the beginning of this thread (pg 2-3). Did you make it through the entire thread, or did you stop? ~250 pages is a lot to go through lol

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Here guys, here's the true reason why wagons stopped being popular in America.

8687402dd9.png

I honestly hate the fact that they don't import wagon models of the M5, RS6, and the E63 AMG. They would have some great potential in the Americas. But since people here don't like wagons, they decided fuck that, we ain't selling them here. Fuck America for not allowing these wonderful wagons to be sold here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

They're too expensive to build/import and very few people would buy a more expensive car with the same trim than just going up a engine choice. It would nice to offer an option for wagon for choice sake, but Europeans can't even afford the basic economy car, housing, or even a mid range computer, so them bragging about it is just like those talking about the not buying the GTX 970 when they couldn't even afford it.

They're too expensive to build/import and very few people would buy a more expensive car with the same trim than just going up a engine choice. It would nice to offer an option for wagon for choice sake, but Europeans can't even afford the basic economy car, housing, or even a mid range computer, so them bragging about it is just like those talking about the not buying the GTX 970 when they couldn't even afford it.

Then why are they even allowed to sell them in Europe if Europeans can't even afford them themselves?

Lol, I don't know how long you've been around on this thread, but I've posted some old American wagons quite a few times. I don't know much about muscle, but theyre sick.  Chevelle wagons are SWEET!

i would love to have a chevelle wagon. i know someone with one and it looks so fun. all that space and still fun.

Welcome to the thread! Be prepared for it to take up WAYY too much of your free time :D

I noticed you liking my earlier posts from the beginning of this thread (pg 2-3). Did you make it through the entire thread, or did you stop? ~250 pages is a lot to go through lol

250 pages? Please. Thats not much to go through.

Blarg

I'm a bimmer guy. My first Bimmer was a e46 325ci with m package

My current bimmer is a 2007 convertible e93 335i with a JB4 chip installed

I also have a 2012 convertible fiat 500c and a 2006 AWD Hyundai Santa Fe

post-50834-0-72612600-1423204349.jpg

post-50834-0-18065700-1423204377.jpg

post-50834-0-88199000-1423204406.jpg

i would love to have a chevelle wagon. i know someone with one and it looks so fun. all that space and still fun.

250 pages? Please. Thats not much to go through.

I went through 500 pages of the non-techies thread.

eOVBdO7.png

Very cool car, I would deff rock that, the MonkeyMobile in another life. 

Pete

I went through 500 pages of the non-techies thread.

That thread still hopeless after being derailed in to oblivion?

how about this land Yacht? 

Like a giant hearse.

Then why are they even allowed to sell them in Europe if Europeans can't even afford them themselves?

There will always be the few that will buy them, very few estates are sold because of the size of European roads and having a small engine in Europe or Asia isn't a big problem because the short lengths of their roads and congestion. Compared to America where even the base 328i can't be found with a manual option with forum users stating that dealers can only find 5 within the entire country, it is not profitable to export unpopular models and nobody what to buy a luxury car made in mexico like Mercedes chose to do.

There will always be the few that will buy them, very few estates are sold because of the size of European roads and having a small engine in Europe or Asia isn't a big problem because the short lengths of their roads and congestion. Compared to America where even the base 328i can't be found with a manual option with forum users stating that dealers can only find 5 within the entire country.

They honestly should sell these nice estates here since we got the roads for them and plus we have more rich people so we want a higher demand.

That thread still hopeless after being derailed in to oblivion?

Like a giant hearse.

Thats what it is.

Blarg

Damn. You guys and the rich girls... Hehe

BTW, sorry about the notification rape *cough* @AlexStriz *cough*, school's internet is a piece of shit...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

I'm a bimmer guy. My first Bimmer was a e46 325ci with m package

My current bimmer is a 2007 convertible e93 335i with a JB4 chip installed

I also have a 2012 convertible fiat 500c and a 2006 AWD Hyundai Santa Fe

I approve Bimmer guys, but those chrome wheels :/

"an obvious supporter of privacy"