Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

I get around...40-38 mpg? I'm a pretty light guy and that manual trans definitely helps!

Nice. Better than my miata and that's slower :P 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Nice. Better than my miata and that's slower :P 

The MX5 is my next car for sure! All I need is someone to buy the Fiat and one more pay check. I'd rather pay for the car in full instead of being locked into payments.

The Louvre

Lian-Li PC-O11 DW   |   ZOTAC RTX 2080   |   Core i5 9600k   |   SeaSonic FOCUS Plus 650W Platinum   |   MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon  |  2x16Gb TRIDENT Z ROYAL  |   2xSX8200 240Gb NVME SSD's  |   1x Seagate Firecuda 1TB   |   EVGA Closed Loop Cooler 280mm   |   1x MSI MPG27C Monitor

52 minutes ago, CharminUltraStrong said:

Current car,

Fiat Abarth 2013, manual trans, custom boot, custom shift knob, custom shaft, custom e-brake boot

Fathers cars,

Stingray '63, Stingray '67(I believe), '59 Oldsmobile model 98, Mini Clubman '16

Abarth 500? Noice.

I might get a Fiat Bravo with the same engine, 1.4 T-Jet, but with 150hp. (the 500's has 130ish , right?) I know the Bravo is heavier, but it's a 4 door and is way cheaper than the 500 just because it isn't an Abarth, lmao.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

>sudden fiat fad in the past 4 years

good thing I'm getting out of the private shop world. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

man, that car looks surprisingly loaded. a manual, push button start, auto climate control, hell i think it might even be bluetooth. but i don't see cruise control. i'm assuming no cruise? but for a cheap looking renault, that's surprisingly loaded.

Il explain all 

1 hour ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Needs a shift boot. Other than that, it's clean af. (from what I've seen thus far)

Read above ^^

So as you guys know , car dealership is a bitch . Especially here in Croatia , people will want to sack you for fucking 50$ . 

Il make it short , The grey Laguna i showe pics of , is the one we were supposed to get . 175k km on the clock , serviced regularly , etc. When we got there , the car looked ok and what not , but the seller didnt say that he didnt pay some fines and tickets , meaning for him to "transfer" the car ownership from himself to my father , we needed to pay those fines.

Which were a total sum of around a 1000$ . At that moment i literally thought of smacking the dude , since i traveled 550 km ( 1000+ if you count coming back ) , for him to stay silent about such stuff . But , rather than to cause more trouble , we just returned the keyes , and kept going in search of a car. 

The interior pictures are of the one we got , but the interior is only half of the story , and more so when i just spent cleaning the car for 5 hours :ph34r:

So , please enjoy !

IMG_20170212_160759 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170212_160815 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170212_160907 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170212_161430 - Copy.jpg

IMG_20170212_161510.jpg

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

@terrytek And the full equipment would be : Automatic two zone AC , leather seats front and rear , 6 speed manual , rear and front leather arm-rest with cupholders , tyre pressure monitoring and pre-programmed warning , trip computer , electronically controlled + foldable and heated rear view mirrors , all compartments are wrapped in cloth , leather wrapped steering wheel , all radio controls are handsfree behind the steering wheel ( for a lack of a technical term ) , ESP and ABS , controllable light dimming for the instrument panel , radio and AC , and i could keep going but rest are minor stuff .  

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

9 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

So as you guys know , car dealership is a bitch . Especially here in Croatia , people will want to sack you for fucking 50$ . 

Il make it short , The grey Laguna i showe pics of , is the one we were supposed to get . 175k km on the clock , serviced regularly , etc. When we got there , the car looked ok and what not , but the seller didnt say that he didnt pay some fines and tickets , meaning for him to "transfer" the car ownership from himself to my father , we needed to pay those fines.

Which were a total sum of around a 1000$ . At that moment i literally thought of smacking the dude , since i traveled 550 km ( 1000+ if you count coming back ) , for him to stay silent about such stuff . But , rather than to cause more trouble , we just returned the keyes , and kept going in search of a car. 

The interior pictures are of the one we got , but the interior is only half of the story , and more so when i just spent cleaning the car for 5 hours :ph34r:

So , please enjoy !

Pretty fucked up thing also happened with our Mondeo.

So the engine went bust. And my father sold the car with the engine for something like 500€. The guy who bought it and gave it a new engine.

So, in 1994 the car was bought in name of an uncle's company because he needed something to give the company's value or what not, don't quite remember how my father told me it worked out. After a while my father changed the ownership to himself, obviously. Then, the company went bankrupt and goods had to be pawned or some shit. For some odd reason, the Mondeo, which was already in my father's name, was pawned as well.

When the guy who bought us the Mondeo was going to change the ownership to his name, the car was pawned, and nothing could be done. He got somewhat pissed, and my father was forced to buy the car back, plus, pay for the expenses of throwing the new engine in.

Long story short, we wanted (and still want) to get rid of the Mondeo, and ended up spending more than what a used car would cost, to get it back -______________-

11 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Pretty fucked up thing also happened with our Mondeo.

So the engine went bust. And my father sold the car with the engine for something like 500€. The guy who bought it and gave it a new engine.

So, in 1994 the car was bought in name of an uncle's company because he needed something to give the company's value or what not, don't quite remember how my father told me it worked out. After a while my father changed the ownership to himself, obviously. Then, the company went bankrupt and goods had to be pawned or some shit. For some odd reason, the Mondeo, which was already in my father's name, was pawned as well.

When the guy who bought us the Mondeo was going to change the ownership to his name, the car was pawned, and nothing could be done. He got somewhat pissed, and my father was forced to buy the car back, plus, pay for the expenses of throwing the new engine in.

Long story short, we wanted (and still want) to get rid of the Mondeo, and ended up spending more than what a used car would cost, to get it back -______________-

Not alot can be done , but it really puzzles me to what extent people go to screw you over ... 

Also some moar pics .. 

IMG_20170212_160839.jpg

IMG_20170212_161445.jpg

IMG_20170212_161523.jpg

IMG_20170212_184012.jpg

That leather around the shifter and the handbrake really stings my eyes ... replacement coming soon 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Warrenties starting to expire?

yeah. I've already had to work on a few. Not fun.

Plus the new Chryslers are pretty much fiats. Haven't got many of them though.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

@vetali what breaks on 500's? 

I mean the little 1.4 can't be that bad... can it? 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, carguy86 said:

It harms house paint atleast.....

*Dont ask*

See I would have assumed that already. :P But thanks for the info.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yum

Aren't those the ones that are stupidly easy to steal because they didn't put a steering wheel lock?

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Definitive proof that my car is yummy

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

16 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@vetali what breaks on 500's? 

I mean the little 1.4 can't be that bad... can it? 

I dunno yet. I just know they aren't fun and we cant lift them on the two post cause its too narrow. 

43 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Not alot can be done , but it really puzzles me to what extent people go to screw you over ... 

Also some moar pics .. 

That leather around the shifter and the handbrake really stings my eyes ... replacement coming soon 

That headrest is so tall, jfc.

28 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97's NB and @vinyldash303's S10 had a baby. How cute.

16 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I approve. My arm rest looks like that too. I want to get a replacement for it but just haven't done it quite yet

It was removed earlier today I think, and reposted for $1650. He added a picture of the trunk (which strangely I was going to ask for) and a picture of the sunroof. It's really strange he brought the price down, and I'm not sure why the original listing was removed.

20 minutes ago, vetali said:

I dunno yet. I just know they aren't fun and we cant lift them on the two post cause its too narrow. 

Oh gosh. Ok never mind never buying one now xD

Spoiler

@vetali why you didn't tell me about this? LOL

suburban still having the occasional issue. It actually failed to start once today. So this evening I'm gonna see the fuel pressure and how quickly it drains off when turned off

IMG_7271.JPG

Spoiler

Thinking about stuff,  and I don't think getting a second car would be all that sensible because I intend to go back to school next autumn.  And I'd also like to perhaps move. 

So getting a Plymouth valiant goes to back burner.  I really need a second one soon... This one is getting  full. 

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

56 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

I NEED A HARDTOP UGH lol

Spoiler

19 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Jesus

Tell that to my father who'd just bought his V10 Ford F-150 by that point. Those prices and 10 miles/gallon made him kick himself for not getting the diesel.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…