Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I remember when it hit $4.50 a gallon years back. Those were dark days

gas in cali a few years back was especially sucky. paying over 4.85 a gallon, even for the cheapest quality fuel here was super no bueno. but back then we only had 2 cars to deal with.  and that was like the first year of the recession too.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Jesus

That's what happens when you're in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere desert.

4 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Or just buy a truck and throw shit in willy-nilly and never care. Plus big mirrors show allllllllll.

I'm maybe 130-135 right now, same height as you. It kinda sucks.

i'm a hefty 5'9" and 125. :/

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

i'm a hefty 5'9" and 125. :/

Wow that's not great.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Wow that's not great.

yeah no kidding. i'm even twiggier than you. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah no kidding. i'm even twiggier than you. :D

I was going to say you need midwest cooking. But you live in Minnesota. So that point is mute

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

I was going to say you need midwest cooking. But you live in Minnesota. So that point is mute

yeah, and i eat a LOT too. :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Same, yet I still can't put on weight.

That I'm jealous of. If I eat two small meals a day and drink just water I lose about a pound a week or so. But that's hard to keep up

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah, and i eat a LOT too. :P

More casseroles required

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

That I'm jealous of. If I eat two small meals a day and drink just water I lose about a pound a week or so. But that's hard to keep up

It's not all that fun though, if I don't eat pretty regularly my blood sugar drops like a rock and I feel like absolute shit. It's like all the fun of diabetes without the diabetes.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It's not all that fun though, if I don't eat pretty regularly my blood sugar drops like a rock and I feel like absolute shit. It's like all the fun of diabetes without the diabetes.

That would not be fun. 

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm 6'1" and 180. I'm going to start running I think. I'd like to get most of my gut off. Not that theres much of one but I figure I'd be better off keeping it at bay than having to loose it once it forms. 

I want to drop another almost 60lbs worth of fat. Like I said, I'm down about 65 lbs since last January. But still progress needs to be made

So far, my computer's just being a bitch. it seems like the BCD has fucked itself over, and i've tried to fix it, but i think now the issue is beyond my knowledge, so i've given up (for now) and contacted my cousin about this issue, and maybe wait till i get a reply and see what he says. i'm hoping he doesn't tell me that my computer is absolutely fucked.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hehehe

IMG_7266.PNG

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

54 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That would not be fun. 

It absolutely SUCKED in high school, teachers didn't like me eating in class but lunch is 5 hours after breakfast, two hours in I felt like shit.

54 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I weighed myself yesterday and I'm 6'1" and 180. I'm going to start running I think. I'd like to get most of my gut off. Not that theres much of one but I figure I'd be better off keeping it at bay than having to loose it once it forms. 

Running is fun.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

So far, my computer's just being a bitch. it seems like the BCD has fucked itself over, and i've tried to fix it, but i think now the issue is beyond my knowledge, so i've given up (for now) and contacted my cousin about this issue, and maybe wait till i get a reply and see what he says. i'm hoping he doesn't tell me that my computer is absolutely fucked.

Wait are you running Windows 10?

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Hehehe

LSX swap pls

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Hehehe

IMG_7266.PNG

TIL your name is Braxton and not baxton. Oops. 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Baxton..

Someone I know jokingly calls me "Baxter" all the time

@chaozbandit

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

41 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Hehehe

j35 swap teim?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

Oh and btw Matt does weird/sketchy things with his truck

The leveling thing (the black bracket on the top of the strut) didn't fit unless he cut the end of the OE strut studs off so instead of doing that he put nuts in between the shock mount and the spacer to push it a little further lol.... I told him I guess if it works... but it'll probably make noise at some point. 

Also btw his suspension settled a ton so even with the extra .25in of height those nuts add, his truck is perfectly level front to back. 

IMG_7268.JPG

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, vetali said:

j35 swap teim?

I wish. More like a sway bar and end links lol

this will actually be the first "real" modification I do to a car of my own lol

Spoiler