Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Oh no... :(

Poor MV Agusta's...

Forget the MVs, We lost some Ducatis!!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

3 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Forget the MVs, We lost some Ducatis!!

No three cylinder, no bueno.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Went and drove the Saab for a little over an hour. Had to jump it because the battery is super shot. May go get a new one tomorrow. Ordered my upper rad hose just now. Gonna wait a little while to order springs, maybe until after my test. But you can definitely tell that the rear springs need to be replaced. New blinkers not only work great but of course functioned great.

Weird thing is it deleted the "front reverse lights" which I had no need for anyway. But yeah

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Question. Do you take your driving test in your personal vehicle if you have one? Or do you take it in a vehicle supplied by the BMV?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Question. Do you take your driving test in your personal vehicle if you have one? Or do you take it in a vehicle supplied by the BMV?

Took my driving test in a driving schools VW golf at the Swedish version of the DMV 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

17 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

No three cylinder, no bueno.

KTM or bust

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I took it in a personal vehicle.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

Took my driving test in a driving schools VW golf at the Swedish version of the DMV 

I couldn't afford to do driver's ed. It was $500+ for me if I wanted to

14 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

ouch! i think it was half that for me, maybe even less.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

ouch! i think it was half that for me, maybe even less.

Yeah Indiana is ridiculous. That's why I waited. I wanted to get on this earlier last year, but with some family health issues getting my license was the least of my concern

The good thing about getting my license at 18 over as a minor is when I have my full license I won't have a probationary license (Essentially curfew)

Yeah Indiana is ridiculous. That's why I waited. I wanted to get on this earlier last year, but with some family health issues getting my license was the least of my concern

The good thing about getting my license at 18 over as a minor is when I have my full license I won't have a probationary license (Essentially curfew)

yeah, I only had to deal with that for a year, since i was 17 when i got my license. For MN, there is a curfew in place where the only exceptions are for work i believe, and a passenger limit.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

27 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

i took mine in my dad's corolla. that's why i suggest you take the test in a car that you think is easy to drive.

23 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

in california, it's actually mandatory you take both driver's ed as well as behind the wheel training. but i didn't think drivers ed would be that expensive over there. it was only like 15 for the entire online session, and it was also free through my high school. but the behind the wheel was 210 total. but still even as of the day i passed, i havent' been driving since.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah, I only had to deal with that for a year, since i was 17 when i got my license. For MN, there is a curfew in place where the only exceptions are for work i believe, and a passenger limit.

over here, you can't drive between 11PM and 5AM, basically the darkest hours of night, and you can't carry passengers unless you have someone 25 or older in the car with you. but really there isn't anybody to enforce the rules, except the cops, but they really care once you get pulled over. so really you can defy the rules as long as you don't get pulled over, but if you do get caught, you won't be able to drive till you're 18 i believe.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

11 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

That's the bright side to having been not able to do it quite as soon as I wanted to

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i took mine in my dad's corolla. that's why i suggest you take the test in a car that you think is easy to drive.

in california, it's actually mandatory you take both driver's ed as well as behind the wheel training. but i didn't think drivers ed would be that expensive over there. it was only like 15 for the entire online session, and it was also free through my high school. but the behind the wheel was 210 total. but still even as of the day i passed, i havent' been driving since.

over here, you can't drive between 11PM and 5AM, basically the darkest hours of night, and you can't carry passengers unless you have someone 25 or older in the car with you. but really there isn't anybody to enforce the rules, except the cops, but they really care once you get pulled over. so really you can defy the rules as long as you don't get pulled over, but if you do get caught, you won't be able to drive till you're 18 i believe.

I want to take mine in the Saab over a newer car. I'm not used to electronic throttle and steering like basically every new car has. I like the more manual feel of the Saab. It's what I'm comfortable with. That's why I asked

That's the bright side to having been not able to do it quite as soon as I wanted to

I want to take mine in the Saab over a newer car. I'm not used to electronic throttle and steering like basically every new car has. I like the more manual feel of the Saab. It's what I'm comfortable with. That's why I asked

i almost wanted to take the van (god forbid) to take the test because it's got surprisingly light steering for such a big car, but i've been practicing in the corolla since i got my permit, so it makes sense to take the car that i've been practicing in for the test.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

43 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Right now waiting for the call of my driving instructor , i can pick between a WV Polo , Fiesta and a Peugeot 208 . All diesel , and relatively new .

All crap compared to the Laguna :D

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i almost wanted to take the van (god forbid) to take the test because it's got surprisingly light steering for such a big car, but i've been practicing in the corolla since i got my permit, so it makes sense to take the car that i've been practicing in for the test.

Only other car we have that is more mechanical than electronic is the Mercury. And it's got surprisingly little room for such a big vehicle. I feel so cramped in that thing

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Right now waiting for the call of my driving instructor , i can pick between a WV Polo , Fiesta and a Peugeot 208 . All diesel , and relatively new .

All crap compared to the Laguna :D

The Renault Wagon? Not familiar with a lot of the normal EU cars are

umQKc54 - Imgur.gif

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

The Renault Wagon? Not familiar with a lot of the normal EU cars are

Yes , the one i got . Guess you saw the pictures .. 

And all the cars from the auto-school have destroyed clutches pretty much , and only basic maintenace and cleaning ... yuck 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Yes , the one i got . Guess you saw the pictures .. 

And all the cars from the auto-school have destroyed clutches pretty much , and only basic maintenace and cleaning ... yuck 

Thought that's what the Laguna was but didn't know for fact as we don't have Renaults here in the states

Yeah that's no fun. My recommendation would be take whatever you think would have the best clutch still

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

School's car, which was a n A-class Merc, at the Finnish version of DMV.

You Americans would probably consider all the stuff we have to do before we can take the test, an infringement on your freedoms.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Yaaaaas

received_10154803292236815.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Thought that's what the Laguna was but didn't know for fact as we don't have Renaults here in the states

Yeah that's no fun. My recommendation would be take whatever you think would have the best clutch still

Man , id say for such a heavy car , with for US standards a puny 1,9dci diesel , it flies . Also , 6th gear at 130km/h is ~ 1950RPM meaning crazy mileage .

Im thinking of the 208 , its in best condition of all . The Fiesta has been hit in the side , and the Polo ... well , id say the clutch is non-existant but .. 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W