Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It was 89F today..

Damn. It was a balmy 50F today here

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Damn. It was a balmy 50F today here

It felt warmer than they were showing on the weather channel.

Okiedokie, so here's a damage report.

Free pallet though, I guess.

That's not all too bad looking. Especially if you planned to bedliner it eventually. From the photo I thought it was on the outside not the inside of the bed

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

It felt warmer than they were showing on the weather channel.

It felt so nice out when I was doing my blinkers. I didn't even put on a hoodie

Nice day today in California. Went for a spirited mountain drive, as I hadn't really been able to do so since I bought the car. Kind of rough on the clutch engagements as the timing seems to be much different at high rpm shifts, vs low rpm, but otherwise was fun, until I caught up with a spoil sport motorcycle and a Prius... 

Left the tailgating Jeep in the dust though. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's not all too bad looking. Especially if you planned to bedliner it eventually. From the photo I thought it was on the outside not the inside of the bed

Phone doesn't show all of the scratches in that, I'll grab a picture later on when I'm not tired. And yeah.. I'm just looking at this like doing half the work for them when they eventually sand my bed in to oblivion for it.

5 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

It felt so nice out when I was doing my blinkers. I didn't even put on a hoodie

I love weather like that, looks like it's gone here until September or October.

Phone doesn't show all of the scratches in that, I'll grab a picture later on when I'm not tired. And yeah.. I'm just looking at this like doing have the work for them when they eventually sand my bed in to oblivion for it.

I love weather like that, looks like it's gone here until September or October.

that's a good way to look at it

That's March to October here really.

It just gets super hot late June and early July

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

that's a good way to look at it

That's March to October here really.

It just gets super hot late June and early July

Helps with the heartbreak of my poor paint. :P Unfortunately I can't do much about an actual cut in to the metal.

At least we don't get too much humidity. I'm predicting June will get in to the 120s easily like we have the last two years.

Helps with the heartbreak of my poor paint. :P Unfortunately I can't do much about an actual cut in to the metal.

At least we don't get too much humidity. I'm predicting June will get in to the 120s easily like we have the last two years.

Could be worse for sure

It gets super humid here, considering I'm near the great lakes. When we went to Warped Tour in Chicago it was 105 with 85% humidity

But that's about a month of the year all around, if that.

Could be worse for sure

It gets super humid here, considering I'm near the great lakes. When we went to Warped Tour in Chicago it was 105 with 85% humidity

But that's about a month of the year all around, if that.

Definitely, just don't need more of it. :D

Yeah I'll take the dry oven vs being melted in water.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Definitely, just don't need more of it. :D

Yeah I'll take the dry oven vs being melted in water.

Yeah Northern Indiana isn't an easy place to live

Yeah Northern Indiana isn't an easy place to live

Was not fun passing through for vacation in the summer. :P

Was not fun passing through for vacation in the summer. :P

What bothers me more is how flat it is. Like I loved driving through PA two years back. Because it was super interesting scenery

But this state is one giant flat corn field

What bothers me more is how flat it is. Like I loved driving through PA two years back. Because it was super interesting scenery

But this state is one giant flat corn field

Reminds me of Oklahoma. Good god that was boring. At least the I-10 and I-20 through Texas has some scenery change once you're about 150 miles East of here. It's got some rolling hills and bends and such. Really makes driving through a lot more bearable.

Reminds me of Oklahoma. Good god that was boring. At least the I-10 and I-20 through Texas has some scenery change once you're about 150 miles East of here. It's got some rolling hills and bends and such. Really makes driving through a lot more bearable.

For me I'm 10 minutes away from Michigan and 70 minutes from Illinois. So at least I'm near states that have interesting things to do

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

For me I'm 10 minutes away from Michigan and 70 minutes from Illinois. So at least I'm near states that have interesting things to do

Lucky you. :P I've got like.. White Sands and Cloudcroft.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Lucky you. :P I've got like.. White Sands and Cloudcroft.

I think the fact that this state is super boring is the reason the car scene is so strong. There's nothing to do elsewise.

I think the fact that this state is super boring is the reason the car scene is so strong. There's nothing to do elsewise.

Nothing like setting money on fire for fun.

Nothing like setting money on fire for fun.

Same thing. Fuel aint cheap

Same thing. Fuel aint cheap

At least gas prices have been going down the past few days.

At least gas prices have been going down the past few days.

I remember when it hit $4.50 a gallon years back. Those were dark days

I remember when it hit $4.50 a gallon years back. Those were dark days

Paid almost $6 in SoCal when I lived there back then, not a great time to have a Durango with a Hemi.

Paid almost $6 in SoCal when I lived there back then, not a great time to have a Durango with a Hemi.

Jesus