Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

(long time no see, right?)

Odd question, what do you think of the BMW E46 chassis? Is it reliable enough to daily drive without much headache or should one stick to VW for cost saving's sake?

BMWZ4-58_18.jpg

LED bulbs for @bcredeur97

cblaso2wemuxavsmkx37.jpguh42sfcv58eeoyabt8dv.jpgdp2k2nfcu673gsw1a9n2.jpghkppqk86db0u6xmmb4vo.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@chaozbandit m8 it took me 6 months to comfortably buy a sway bar and end links (at half price at that XD). good luck getting me to spend money on bulbs lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@chaozbandit m8 it took me 6 months to comfortably buy a sway bar and end links (at half price at that XD). good luck getting me to spend money on bulbs lol

m8 you need to get yourself a hardtop

https://www.carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/hardtop/

13434931_192212341179474_884772905821195

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 minutes ago, dafiltafish said:

(long time no see, right?)

Odd question, what do you think of the BMW E46 chassis? Is it reliable enough to daily drive without much headache or should one stick to VW for cost saving's sake?

BMWZ4-58_18.jpg

it depends on what e46 you want. if it's the m3, and money's an issue, stay away. it's just gonna be a money pit. but the normal models, like the 325i and the 330i are pretty ok as far as maintenance, for a bmw.

btw that's the wrong picture. that's an e85 z4.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Something for @MEC-777

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

it depends on what e46 you want. if it's the m3, and money's an issue, stay away. it's just gonna be a money pit. but the normal models, like the 325i and the 330i are pretty ok as far as maintenance, for a bmw.

btw that's the wrong picture. that's an e85 z4.

BIMMERFORUM LIED TO ME!! Okay then, so the E85, what sort of craziness is up with its upkeep, same story or no (the 3.0L one if I am not mistaken)?

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

m8 you need to get yourself a hardtop

https://www.carbonmiata.com/shop/mazda-mx-5/hardtop/

-snip-

i want to see the carbon fiber one on a titanium grey miata lol. 

But yeah I guess I could also get a fiberglass one and paint match it too... paint ain't cheap tho. also the acrylic window worries me in terms of longevity and scratches... 

but I also don't have $2000 sitting around either so.... ugh

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

15 minutes ago, dafiltafish said:

BIMMERFORUM LIED TO ME!! Okay then, so the E85, what sort of craziness is up with its upkeep, same story or no (the 3.0L one if I am not mistaken)?

well iirc, the e46 and the e85 share many engines, all the way to the s54 in the e46 m3 and z4m. but they share the same engine, so maintenance shouldn't be too far off. but the only unique issues would be maybe the hard/soft top unless you opt for the coupe, and maybe the sequential manual transmission, since it was in its infancy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

factory r34 gt-r rims actually look surprisingly good on a mazdaspeed 3.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

*both burn out tomorrow*

nah my philips bulbs are actually reliable unlike your sylvanias :P 

Spoiler

but yeah @chaozbandit funny you should bring that up.. yesterday when I was driving home I looked in my rear view mirror and I could see 4 little spots above the rear window seam where there was sunlight. When I got to a gas station I went look at it and sure enough... 4 itty bitty holes. I don't know what to do about them... I'm thinking black 3M window weld? 

sigh :/ 

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I've had zero issues except for the one that's a little retarded. I need to go to the bank tomorrow and get them to let rallylights ship those HIRs

P H I L I P S    F T W

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

They dont list lumens on the specs on their website

EDIT:

T H E Y  D O N ' T  L I S T  L U M E N S  O N  T H E I R  W E B S I T E

I don't need no lumen specs :P  i just thought to try them one day... and one year later I decided I love them because they were amazing and still were... after an entire year

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I really want to see how good these HIRs are. I'll also re aim my headlights. 

TO THE CLOUDS!

Spoiler

This popped up in my YouTube recommendations. I had nothing in my sub box so I watched it. Turns out it was hilarious, I loved the part when.. that'll spoil it. Watch it! Haha

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Has anyone else been getting ads on youtube for Mack Weldon underwear?

827d1a3f5514bac40bfd12e77dec2fae.png

I'm actually kind of tempted to buy a pair to try...

nah fam, but they look comfortable. but doubt they'd beat my calvin klein boxer briefs.

still a convertible ik ik...

but this one is a g6 still, but with a v6 3.5L (according to pictures)

for 7000$ cad its a deal imo. what do you guys think ?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/ville-de-montreal/2008-pontiac-g6-gt-convertible/1235882988?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Its been drizzling and windy as fuck today. So many tumbleweeds to take care of in the morning..

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I remember the first time I saw a tumbleweed I was so hyped. 

I've got like six I need to move out of the yard I can take pictures of lol

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I've got like six I need to move out of the yard I can take pictures of lol

Please do.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

Please do.

I will, just need to find my gloves, don't need my hands cut to shit from a dead plant.

41 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I remember the first time I saw a tumbleweed I was so hyped. 

I hit one today.... not fun hearing it crunch and then scrape the car :( 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

I hit one today.... not fun hearing it crunch and then scrape the car :( 

That's the wooooooooorst. We've got some huge ones here that I can't even drive over, you just slam it to it and push the thing along.

4 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

This popped up in my YouTube recommendations. I had nothing in my sub box so I watched it. Turns out it was hilarious, I loved the part when.. that'll spoil it. Watch it! Haha

That was before his career went to shit and Red Bull forceably removed him from the A team and put him on the B team.

Suffice to say Vettel wasn't too happy about being rammed twice.

Folding@Home | BOINC