Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Pick.

ill take that red Acura nsx in the background (you can see the rear wheel and bits of the rear wing)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

6 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Pick.

DSC05640.jpg

jag. i love that exhaust. it crackles so much, and it makes me smile and giggle like a little kid.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

My dads 3.0T(S?) in his C7 A6 can make 436hp and 372 tq on the APR stage 1 tune on 93 octane.

stage 2 has a supercharger pulley and stuff and it'll make 452hp and 387tq on 93 Octane.

Stock the car makes 310hp and 325tq lol

dafuq. i wish i had performance packages that performed that well. i feel like audi restricted these engines on purpose from factory to force people to buy upgrades to increase power if they feel stock isn't enough.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a29965/aston-martin-am-rb-001-highest-rpm/ i don't think it is. i've seen a suzuki cappuccino rev that high, if not, higher.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Brunch of champions. 

image.jpeg

i see you like your toast black.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Just my grilled cheese actually. 

image.jpeg

lol judging by your last pic i thought it was just two slices of buttered toast lol i would have never expected a grilled cheese. but for breakfast? unheard of.

We're low on food and need to go to the store. Ran outta milk yesterday so I couldn't chow down on the Special K like normal. 

yeah i remember i need cereal, bc i ran out last week and i forgot to buy it this week. and i'm starting to run out of crap to eat. right now i'm just chowing down on an apple, hoping it keeps me till lunch.

Hype! (Mine should be here in a few days time)  

BCB6EC40-CA5C-4672-A577-CB9F99F67C72.png

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

I just ate some leftover pizza I found in the fridge. 

What I eat daily seems to be whatever I find in the fridge lol 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yesterday I had two bags of popcorn, some chocolate chips, an apple and cheese, finished off the remaining bag of goldfish, and my standard 1/2 case of Gatorade. 

i finished a 10 oz bag of bbq potato chips, 3 scoops of ice cream, 2 handfuls of goldfish, and 6 pieces of hi chews. i think i need to hit the gym. if i can pick up a membership first.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yesterday I had two bags of popcorn, some chocolate chips, an apple and cheese, finished off the remaining bag of goldfish, and my standard 1/2 case of Gatorade. 

Lol so healthy xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Something tells me this thing does some impressive quarter mile times

The meat donuts on the back don't seem big enough for a drag car...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

13 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

The meat donuts on the back don't seem big enough for a drag car...

Looks pretty well set up for small tire comp. (10.5" IIRC, I'm not much of a drag guy). :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

18 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Naw this truck has been on the s10 forums for a while. Its a 6L and t56 swapped s10, its got cavilier seats in it, he autocrosses it and does drag races and drives it on the street. super clean truck.

8 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Looks pretty well set up for small tire comp. (10.5" IIRC, I'm not much of a drag guy). :)

I'm used to see "drag cars" with more meat on the back :|

But if it does fine I can't argue with that :)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm used to see "drag cars" with more meat on the back :|

But if it does fine I can't argue with that :)

NHRA runs quite a few "Small Tire" classes that just keep prices down so more people can get involved. The really big money stuff is all "Big Tire" which is more of what people are used to thinking about when people talk about drag cars. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

what do you mean there isn't really anything for the 2.8 v6? those things have huge potential. i've seen people hit over 400hp on stage 3. on pump gas.

I think you mean the 2.7TT V6 from the S4. The NA 2.8 from the A4 there isnt too much you can do and its expensive. The main thing i've seen is throwing a PES supercharger on it, adding 100HP but thats 4 grand to do. There isnt some magic chip that adds power like the 1.8T.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

@vetali 

lol

3e8546b4fa92d5bf0feeda2981acd265.png

should I offer $10? :P

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

5 minutes ago, Mattr567 said:

I think you mean the 2.7TT V6 from the S4. The NA 2.8 from the A4 there isnt too much you can do and its expensive. The main thing i've seen is throwing a PES supercharger on it, adding 100HP but thats 4 grand to do. There isnt some magic chip that adds power like the 1.8T.

ah. didn't realize the two had different engines. i thought the s4 shared the same engine as the a4, but with 2 turbos tacked on.

so this came in early, yay, get to use it at my track day tomorrow

E345D76A-88A5-4205-9412-78E25624E2C7_zps

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

so this came in early, yay, get to use it at my track day tomorrow

E345D76A-88A5-4205-9412-78E25624E2C7_zps

I bought one too. it's supposed to come today! :D

also, offered $10 on the chameleon tint. we'll see what happens. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Timing is a pain but I finally got it

where the intake cam has to be positioned it wants to spin. So you have to hold it there while lining everything else up. Took me 4 tries. Zip ties helped a lot though lol

image.jpeg

Spoiler

20 hours ago, BOT Edward said:

don't trash the mk5 golf's dude, they are actually a really good car lol

Looking to purchase an old merc w124, would prefer v8 model but who knows what will pop up. v8 - turbo build would be mint for a bag setup'd merc

I own one.. I'd say its decent

Old 124s are a pretty good choice for a v8 swap. The engine bays are a bit tight though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Timing is a pain but I finally got it

where the intake cam has to be positioned it wants to spin. So you have to hold it there while lining everything else up. Took me 4 tries. Zip ties helped a lot though lol

image.jpeg

huh your car seems to have markings on the head itself. nice. mine doesn't. ://  

and it's kinda weird how your engine is smaller than the 2.0 in the protege, yet it makes about 15 more hp than the protege.

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

huh your car seems to have markings on the head itself. nice. mine doesn't. ://  

and it's kinda weird how your engine is smaller than the 2.0 in the protege, yet it makes about 15 more hp than the protege.

It's all tuning. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

@bcredeur97 did you make sure to tension the belt the proper way?  I know with my honda it's rotate the crank a certain amount and then tighten the tensioner.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

im thinking that our weedwacker begins to take shape as some form of fire-breathing monster.... (cheapo ebay pocketbike "performance" exhaust, 32cc cylinder and head from a tiny dirthbike, crankshaft and con rod from the same tiny dirtbike, 20mm carb (with ported and polished intake manifold, tiny little cone airfilter wich fit the carb and it is jetted up with a random jet i found that was a decent step up from stock to eventualy cope with the boost from an electric turbocharger (5$ air pump wich actually delivers some decent additional airflow))

it sounds like a dirtbike, it backfires and it is probably a ticking time bomb. (i dont understand how it hasnt blown up allready)

ps: this is just something i threw together with bits i had lying around from a project that never happened, built it out of pure boredom today.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600