I need help on choosing a innovative laptop

Currently I have my eyes on a Framework laptop but I am now wondering if there are any other similar or different innovative laptops I should have a look at.

What do you actually mean with innovative?

A few ideas about that:

• There are a lot of ARM windows laptops coming out.
  • At least one Lenovo Laptop was announced that supports CAMM
  • Macbooks about the best content consumption/creation Displays, best single core CPU Performance, battery life (until the windows ARM laptops?) and are also based on ARM

11 minutes ago, adm0n said:

What do you actually mean with innovative?

A few ideas about that:

• There are a lot of ARM windows laptops coming out.
  • At least one Lenovo Laptop was announced that supports CAMM
  • Macbooks about the best content consumption/creation Displays, best single core CPU Performance, battery life (until the windows ARM laptops?) and are also based on ARM

I meant as something not done before or not common, Framework does something thats done before I know that but its different then the common laptops.

Trust me I cant wait for a ARM powered Linux powerhouse that can do anything 10x better then anything Windows can but with my current needs sadly I need a FULLY capable Windows 10/11 OS

38 minutes ago, RaydenPVT said:

I meant as something not done before or not common, Framework does something thats done before I know that but its different then the common laptops.

Trust me I cant wait for a ARM powered Linux powerhouse that can do anything 10x better then anything Windows can but with my current needs sadly I need a FULLY capable Windows 10/11 OS

Well there are a bunch of folding / dual screen laptops, which is a fairly new thing. I still think that the Microsoft Surface Tablets are awesome, but way to expensive.

Otherwise nothing comes to mind. But there are a lot of awesome general things that have happened over the last year. The fact that I can just take an external monitor, and both power it and provide a display signal over just one small cable is still awesome to me! WiFi 7 also seems to be a huge deal and when it comes out (and gets some adoption) thunderbolt 5 also has the potential to be huge!

Personally I wouldn't expect too much from ARM based CPUs. I think I've heard recently that you only really get an efficiency advantage on ARM compared to x86 if you go below 15w. So the only thing that might finally be possible will be linux laptops with great battery life.

9 minutes ago, adm0n said:

Well there are a bunch of folding / dual screen laptops, which is a fairly new thing. I still think that the Microsoft Surface Tablets are awesome, but way to expensive.

Otherwise nothing comes to mind. But there are a lot of awesome general things that have happened over the last year. The fact that I can just take an external monitor, and both power it and provide a display signal over just one small cable is still awesome to me! WiFi 7 also seems to be a huge deal and when it comes out (and gets some adoption) thunderbolt 5 also has the potential to be huge!

Personally I wouldn't expect too much from ARM based CPUs. I think I've heard recently that you only really get an efficiency advantage on ARM compared to x86 if you go below 15w. So the only thing that might finally be possible will be linux laptops with great battery life.

I agree but dual screen laptops have never been interesting to me even when the very first one from Lenovo hit the market (at least if I remember correctly Lenovo is the first one to do it over a decade ago?)

I do indeed like having a second screen when i go places but the cable was always annoying to me and believe it or not casting to a tablet as a second screen works wonderfully for me, I don't need a cable and it also doesn't affect my laptops battery life needing to power a second screen!

I do expect ARM to take over but for things to start working smoothly that I expect to happen 5 years down the line from now so its not a sollution for me right now.

I think I will be going for a framework 13 in the near future if I don't find any alternatives.