Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

3 minutes ago, techswede said:

nick offerman playing Ron swanson in parks and recreation

Thanks

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 9. mai 2016 at 10:33 AM, techswede said:

Just got an idea for re-making the fast and the furious but with steam cars.

"My automobile only managed a mile a minute this 'morn. I require a larger boiler"

yes! we need this! Steami`n Furious!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

4 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

yes! we need this! Steami`n Furious!

Would certainly change the pace of the movie

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

46 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Someone be a babe and buy me a purple challenger hellcat. Ill pay the delivery charges :P

shure! i will pm you as soon as i have some spare cash!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Wheels-2015-Dodge-Challenger-SRT-HELLCAT-PLUM-CARZY-PURPLE-/262426254289?hash=item3d19d2dbd1:g:E6AAAOSw0OJXLpAY

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Still really considering my friend's 2G. Definitely a good deal I'd say wouldn't you?

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/5572909632.html

I'd run away from an Eclipse unless I had a ton of money to replace transmissions. Also Rust near a strut tower is a pretty big deal. Being in Michigan blows, ALL of our cars are rusted here :/

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

10 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777

wlwowl3bn2d9zhq0hndm.jpg

Audi fam, must be fast

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@MEC-777

kslbwujuapxwjspmflxe.jpg

Crazy pitot tube on that Aston... I wonder what that's about. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

This be a wrap matey

at least the next owner can remove it if it's too flashy or he doesn't like it. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

This needs to happen http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a29111/the-toyota-86s-lead-engineer-wants-a-performance-division-to-rival-m-and-amg/ could lead to some future cars made by toyota to actually be fun.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

This needs to happen http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a29111/the-toyota-86s-lead-engineer-wants-a-performance-division-to-rival-m-and-amg/ could lead to some future cars made by toyota to actually be fun.

I expect Toyota to squash that idea quickly and efficiently. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

10 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

yeah, there's a pretty high chance they could squash it, like the gt86 shooting brake. but i want this to so happen. i want toyota to go back to making fun cars, rather than just seeing b oring people movers.

19 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Marketing: "uhhh yeeeah, could we do that while making it a crossover.... and a... uh yeah.... hybrid. It would flow with our fleet better."

Then the engineer leaves for a manufacturer that gives a shit. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vetali said:

Marketing: "uhhh yeeeah, could we do that while making it a crossover.... and a... uh yeah.... hybrid. It would flow with our fleet better."

Hybrid Crossover GT racecar.

Lets make it happen Toyota.

3 minutes ago, vetali said:

really im starting to lose respect for toyota. they've gone past the point of soft and are now at soggy. they have like no sports cars other than the gt86 and especially no sports sedans and that makes me sad.

8 minutes ago, vetali said:

0788d19e1ae485d61ca316511db616ecd3f36ed3

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Crazy pitot tube on that Aston... I wonder what that's about. 

Probably just for the most accurate real-time data and telemetry models possible. Its nothing new to WEC, as I recall the cars from a few seasons back having them. Silverstone is the first race of the WEC season, so it could just as well be part of the shakedown process for the season's newest machinery.

AMR's 2013 car at WEC Silverstone

18kmj8czuqpt3jpg.jpg

LMP1s always have them because its the top class and they have magnitudes more data to monitor, though instead of right on the hood they can more inconspicuously place them ontop of the rear "shark" fin - or just above the canopy

audi-r18-2.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

37 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

0788d19e1ae485d61ca316511db616ecd3f36ed3

What? I didn't say CVT or anything.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

20 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Probably just for the most accurate real-time data and telemetry models possible. Its nothing new to WEC, as I recall the cars from a few seasons back having them. Silverstone is the first race of the WEC season, so it could just as well be part of the shakedown process for the season's newest machinery.

AMR's 2013 car at WEC Silverstone

LMP1s always have them because its the top class and they have magnitudes more data to monitor, though instead of right on the hood they can more inconspicuously place them ontop of the rear "shark" fin - or just above the canopy

Yeah I know they aren't new, I've just never really understood what they're trying to measure.

Airspeed is not the most effective way to gather a vehicles speed, so that leaves atmospheric measurements; which I can only assume is for engine mixture tuning, but that would be a pretty crazy level of precision. I have trouble imagining injectors can be accurate enough to see any real gains from matching atmospheric pressure changes throughout the day.

12 minutes ago, vetali said:

What? I didn't say CVT or anything.

Just wait...

i forgot to say that a Tesla Model S ... looks a lot better in real life than pictures... saw the one and only(guessing that here there are only one xD ) tesla registered here in Latvia xD 
it was a Red P70D ... loked nice ... 
moms reaction - "why is it so silent"

dads reaction - "look at the huge iPad in the dashboard"

sisters reaction - "cool"

my reaction - " OMFG A FKIGN TESLA WTF HOW IS THERE ONE HERE OMFG I CANT BELIEVE I SAW ONE IRL " 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i forgot to say that a Tesla Model S ... looks a lot better in real life than pictures... saw the one and only(guessing that here there are only one xD ) tesla registered here in Latvia xD 
it was a Red P70D ... loked nice ... 
moms reaction - "why is it so silent"

dads reaction - "look at the huge iPad in the dashboard"

sisters reaction - "cool"

my reaction - " OMFG A FKIGN TESLA WTF HOW IS THERE ONE HERE OMFG I CANT BELIEVE I SAW ONE IRL " 

A guy owns a white P60 just down the block from me :P

2 hours ago, terrytek said:

really im starting to lose respect for toyota. they've gone past the point of soft and are now at soggy. they have like no sports cars other than the gt86 and especially no sports sedans and that makes me sad.

you forget that Toyota owns Lexus.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5