Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

8 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Just cant afford to keep it, i own two motorcycles (both are 50cc mopeds) and i cant afford to insure the 240 on top of the cost of owning two mopeds. (My corvette  moped has been restricted to the stupid laws with veteran vehicles and i can only drive it to and from car shows)

And therefore i had to buy a cheap moped. (Nothing special, just a chinese 50cc Honda grom replica)

why do people love 50cc mopeds and motorcycles and scooter things xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, techswede said:

If you drove it all the way to trollhättan and swapped in a blueprint engines 493 chrysler engine. I'd be prepared to pay you $20

If he drives to the uk, swaps in an Ej200 turbofan and leaves it unlocked with the windows down in the mcdonalds car park, ill give him £25 for it

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

10pLbfA.gif

I did that once, insurance wasnt too happy

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That totally seems fair.

Fairest deal in all the lands

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

If he drives to the uk, swaps in an Ej200 turbofan and leaves it unlocked with the windows down in the mcdonalds car park, ill give him £25 for it

I'm prepared to pay $30. And a chicken sandwich 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

I'm prepared to pay $30. And a chicken sandwich 

Aw shit, I cant compete with that, ill swap a crappy moped for it, sounds like he likes that kind of thing

On a more serious note @Strando123 i'd probably have to pay to register it over here and probably pay some kind of import tax. 

Not really worth it. And it isn't an auto so i'm not interested

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

And it isn't an auto so i'm not interested

Aww.. I'm out. Keeping my chickens with me then.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Aww.. I'm out. Keeping my chickens with me then.

jedi-mind-tricks-o.gif

You will give me your chickens

I just had an interesting call from my insurance company. They lowered my insurance by a bit :D

From 14,000 SEK a year, down to 10,800 a year.

900SEK a month is still a pretty penny. But thats nice of them^^ 

900SEK a month is still a pretty penny. But thats nice of them^^ 

Extra money for gas :D

a-beer-in-every-hand-andafootin-every-as

Extra money for gas :D

Always a good thing :D 

a-beer-in-every-hand-andafootin-every-as

You know where my vote would be going if he were running.

You know where my vote would be going if he were running.

I'd vote and i'm not even a US citizen 

18 minutes ago, techswede said:

On a more serious note @Strando123 i'd probably have to pay to register it over here and probably pay some kind of import tax. 

Not really worth it. And it isn't an auto so i'm not interested

Yeah, i was just joking, that would be expensive as all hell... (plus, the car needs some atention before it would even be road legal so you would have to trailer it back to sweeden... an old Volvo is definitely NOT worth the effort)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Yeah, i was just joking, that would be expensive as all hell... (plus, the car needs some atention before it would even be road legal so you would have to trailer it back to sweeden... an old Volvo is definitely NOT worth the effort)

Couldn't you get some kind of garage insurance and just park it for a while?

Couldn't you get some kind of garage insurance and just park it for a while?

Nope, im under 18 so im very restricted in choices when it comes to insurance. (I thought about transferring the car to my dad and just pay him what it costs him to get garage insurance for the car but the benefit and rebates he has with his current insurance plan wont be aplicable to the 240 leaving us back at square one)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Nope, im under 18 so im very restricted in choices when it comes to insurance. (I thought about transferring the car to my dad and just pay him what it costs him to get garage insurance for the car but the benefit and rebates he has with his current insurance plan wont be aplicable to the 240 leaving us back at square one)

Could always go without insurance too. 

Storing a car over here without insurance costs about 58kr per year

10 minutes ago, techswede said:

$9?

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

I want to move to sweeden! (If you hand in your plates here you have to pay 20% of the value of your car to get your plates back within two years, after two years it increases to 40% (only once though) and you still need some form of insurance)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

$9?

Possibly. Not 100% sure about the conversion rate

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

I want to move to sweeden! (If you hand in your plates here you have to pay 20% of the value of your car to get your plates back within two years, after two years it increases to 40% (only once though) and you still need some form of insurance)

They say owning a car in norway is expensive.. But man that is surprising..