Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

12 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i forgot to say that a Tesla Model S ... looks a lot better in real life than pictures... saw the one and only(guessing that here there are only one xD ) tesla registered here in Latvia xD 
it was a Red P70D ... loked nice ... 
moms reaction - "why is it so silent"

dads reaction - "look at the huge iPad in the dashboard"

sisters reaction - "cool"

my reaction - " OMFG A FKIGN TESLA WTF HOW IS THERE ONE HERE OMFG I CANT BELIEVE I SAW ONE IRL " 

so they are pretty rare in Latvia? Also just as a random side notes i have some friends that live in Latvia. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, Maybach123 said:

so they are pretty rare in Latvia? Also just as a random side notes i have some friends that live in Latvia. 

yeah ... electric cars in general are not that common i have seen a few .. but all are like VW eUP or similar things ... and then suddenly BOOM ... a tesla xD 

and wow ... noice ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

you forget that Toyota owns Lexus.

But toyota themselves have nothing but the GT86. Plus the proper sporty lexus's are ridiculously expensive

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

But toyota themselves have nothing but the GT86. Plus the proper sporty lexus's are ridiculously expensive

true, but most other companies aren't doing much better. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

true, but most other companies aren't doing much better. 

Even Kia and Hyundai do sporty cars. Toyota has no excuse, they need something to fill that space

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

17 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Even Kia and Hyundai do sporty cars. Toyota has no excuse, they need something to fill that space

that's true, but the difference is, Kia and Hyundai don't own other brands. Toyota has Scion (FR-S, tC,  which just got canned) and Lexus,(GS, IS, RC, LFA). 

Toyota is the middle brand. buyers want dependable, reliable grocery getters. If I was toyota, I'd have Scion take the sporty cars too. that way they can afford to take risks and make mistakes without damaging the reputation of their main brand.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Twin C7R Editions

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

4 hours ago, terrytek said:

This needs to happen http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a29111/the-toyota-86s-lead-engineer-wants-a-performance-division-to-rival-m-and-amg/ could lead to some future cars made by toyota to actually be fun.

they kinda already have that with TRD and the Lexus F division... just that all they're doing with it is selling overpriced accessories and putting gazillion speed auto's in them.  what they really need to do is get off the stubborn/lazy asses and develop a proper DSG box to compete in that market...  

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Just wait...

naw, like I said above, they're all about the gazillion speed auto's... 

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

23 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

that's true, but the difference is, Kia and Hyundai don't own other brands. Toyota has Scion (FR-S, tC,  which just got canned) and Lexus,(GS, IS, RC, LFA). 

Toyota is the middle brand. buyers want dependable, reliable grocery getters. If I was toyota, I'd have Scion take the sporty cars too. that way they can afford to take risks and make mistakes without damaging the reputation of their main brand.

But toyota used to make sports cars, decent ones at that.

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

i forgot to say that a Tesla Model S ... looks a lot better in real life than pictures... saw the one and only(guessing that here there are only one xD ) tesla registered here in Latvia xD 
it was a Red P70D ... loked nice ... 
moms reaction - "why is it so silent"

dads reaction - "look at the huge iPad in the dashboard"

sisters reaction - "cool"

my reaction - " OMFG A FKIGN TESLA WTF HOW IS THERE ONE HERE OMFG I CANT BELIEVE I SAW ONE IRL " 

I almost see one every time I go out for a drive. They aren't that rare here in Swedenland.

19 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

But toyota used to make sports cars, decent ones at that.

true, but that was before they had Scion, and mostly before they had lexus. Now that Scion is no more, the Toyota brand does need some sporty cars. Namely something to replace the tC.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

13 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I dunno if any of you have ever seen this. But I'm absolutely in love with this sound:

Damn son.

13 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Still really considering my friend's 2G. Definitely a good deal I'd say wouldn't you?

Not bad at all.

On 09/05/2016 at 6:40 PM, GlassBomb said:

Extra money for gas :D

Or rubber :ph34r:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

12 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I almost see one every time I go out for a drive. They aren't that rare here in Swedenland.

its sweden .. compare how tiny latvia is xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

A real Diablo GTR or just a knockoff Z32 300ZX?

YOU BE THE JUDGE

lfrjihpnubxvsjserhcx.jpg

Also Im too lazy to rotate it.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

A real Diablo GTR or just a knockoff Z32 300ZX?

YOU BE THE JUDGE

~snip~

Also Im too lazy to rotate it.

I want to say knock-off. But a fairly good one.

Also. I don't think a real one would EVER be transported on something rented from U-Haul...

Its happening!!!

hopefully I can get these on this weekend :D

A724EC69-D588-4871-B62C-5FFA41B0C208_zps

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

24 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

I want to say knock-off. But a fairly good one.

Also. I don't think a real one would EVER be transported on something rented from U-Haul...

Its got the wrong wing to be a GTR, definitely looks like a GT tho, maybe real, maybe fake.

43 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Its happening!!!

hopefully I can get these on this weekend :D

A724EC69-D588-4871-B62C-5FFA41B0C208_zps

6pot brakes? noice ... what came stock? 

5 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

6pot brakes? noice ... what came stock? 

1... haha... going onto an NC miata

But they're wilwoods, so almost as good as proper 4 pot calipers from other brands like Stoptech... but wilwood is the only option for a BBK on this car, so I'm stuck with... :(

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

can't figure out how to unquote... yay new forum!

@warmmilk

On the desktop, click the small square up at the top of the quote. And then backspace.

If you're on Mobile, then click the undo button in the reply-field until it gets removed.

I usually just click on the top bar of it until it it registers it's selected and hit delete.

8 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

@warmmilk

On the desktop, click the small square up at the top of the quote. And then backspace.

If you're on Mobile, then click the undo button in the reply-field until it gets removed.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I usually just click on the top bar of it until it it registers it's selected and hit delete.

it doesn't work all the time though...  this was one of the times it wasn't working...

4 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

it doesn't work all the time though...  this was one of the times it wasn't working...

Never actually had a problem with it not working even since the update. :/ Strange..

So in car related posts, I pissed off yet another person. They decide to tailgate me while I'm doing 15 in an apartment complex, I decide to do 2 and sit in the middle of the road.

Wah wah, stop being a dick.

24 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

1... haha... going onto an NC miata

But they're wilwoods, so almost as good as proper 4 pot calipers from other brands like Stoptech... but wilwood is the only option for a BBK on this car, so I'm stuck with... :(

a miata .... so really good stopping? :D