Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

Possibly. Not 100% sure about the conversion rate

That's so cheap. A car storage spot around here is like $40 a month depending on where you look.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's so cheap. A car storage spot around here is like $40 a month depending on where you look.

I wasn't talking storage spot. The $9 is car tax. If you've got the space to store it then it is pretty cheap.

Storage spaces cost from $20 and up

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

They say owning a car in norway is expensive.. But man that is surprising..

Plus, in 2022 it is 30 years old and since it was imported from sweeden (car was bougth new in sweeden in january 1992 and brougth to Norway by the previous owner who sold it to my dad in desember of 1992 and since it was imported to Norway i (or whoever owns it in 2022) has to pay an arm and a half in taxes... yay Norway NOT!

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, techswede said:

I wasn't talking storage spot. The $9 is car tax. If you've got the space to store it then it is pretty cheap.

Storage spaces cost from $20 and up

Ahh. I misread then, been up for a while.. ._.

Probably need coffee.

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Plus, in 2022 it is 30 years old and since it was imported from sweeden (car was bougth new in sweeden in january 1992 and brougth to Norway by the previous owner who sold it to my dad in desember of 1992 and since it was imported to Norway i (or whoever owns it in 2022) has to pay an arm and a half in taxes... yay Norway NOT!

Ridiculous car laws, Insane taxes on everything.. Even butter, Swedes coming up there stealing all your jobs.. Norway doesn't look too great

Ahh. I misread then, been up for a while.. ._.

Probably need coffee.

Or sleep

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

They say owning a car in norway is expensive.. But man that is surprising..

I'm pretty sure that car tax is super expensive as well. Hence why Norway is the country with the highest number of Tesla's per capita. Electric cars have a much lower tax rating.

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

I'm pretty sure that car tax is super expensive as well. Hence why Norway is the country with the highest number of Tesla's per capita. Electric cars have a much lower tax rating.

Last time i was up there to find work i noticed all the funky little electric cars xD The designers of most of them didn't give a fuck

3 minutes ago, GlassBomb said:

Honestly think car tax should be the same for whatever car, they're all using the same roads.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Honestly think car tax should be the same for whatever car, they're all using the same roads.

But pollution created is not the same.

Just now, GlassBomb said:

But pollution created is not the same.

No, but to me, thats something that should be added to the cost of the car, rather than every 6 months or year. Our mini is more expensive to tax than a honda crv btw

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

Ridiculous car laws, Insane taxes on everything.. Even butter, Swedes coming up there stealing all your jobs.. Norway doesn't look too great

You forgot one thing (warning, what im about to say will probably seem racist but it isnt unless you count stupid politicians as a race) with the recently rush of immigrants the Norwegian government are focusing on helping them instead of those who were born here, raised here and spent their entire lives swallowing Lies about how they actually had rigths and social care to go to if they were injured and unable to work. Take fore an example my father, a hard working honest man who worked until his body collapsed and when he turned to social care for help, the treated him like shit (he usually dosent get his wellfare before the verry end of the month and he sometimes dosent even get the money he is suposed to get, the only way for him to survive is borrowing money from friends and family) and whenever he is at the NAV office (office wich is responsible for handling out wellfa re money) to hand in some paperwork or similar things they allways prioritize immigrants (in some cases the immigrants are even given money for a drivers license and close to 250k (nok) to purchase a car while those who were promised help are suffering, struggling to make ends meet)) the only time the people at NAV actually gave a fuck about helping my father was when he had tried to kill himself. (Please dont ask question, i dont want to think about it too much)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

28 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

You forgot one thing (warning, what im about to say will probably seem racist but it isnt unless you count stupid politicians as a race) with the recently rush of immigrants the Norwegian government are focusing on helping them instead of those who were born here, raised here and spent their entire lives swallowing Lies about how they actually had rigths and social care to go to if they were injured and unable to work. Take fore an example my father, a hard working honest man who worked until his body collapsed and when he turned to social care for help, the treated him like shit (he usually dosent get his wellfare before the verry end of the month and he sometimes dosent even get the money he is suposed to get, the only way for him to survive is borrowing money from friends and family) and whenever he is at the NAV office (office wich is responsible for handling out wellfa re money) to hand in some paperwork or similar things they allways prioritize immigrants (in some cases the immigrants are even given money for a drivers license and close to 250k (nok) to purchase a car while those who were promised help are suffering, struggling to make ends meet)) the only time the people at NAV actually gave a fuck about helping my father was when he had tried to kill himself. (Please dont ask question, i dont want to think about it too much)

Similar thing over here. Lets not get into it on this thread though

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Drove my buddies 87 ford ranger. Now I wish my s10 was a stickshift 

I drove a MB 190D 4speed auto on saturday. I missed the clutch, my left leg was just there, chillin'... It's simpler to use, but it just made my life harder... And having both hands on the steering wheel all the time was, to say the least, awkward xD

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

Similar thing over here. Lets not get into it on this thread though

Yup, lets leave it at that.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I drove a MB 190D 4speed auto on saturday. I missed the clutch, my left leg was just there, chillin'... It's simpler to use, but it just made my life harder... And having both hands on the steering wheel all the time was, to say the least, awkward xD

How was the auto? Only driven manual 190s 

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Or sleep

Can't possibly do that.

Can't possibly do that.

I'm trying desperately to stay awake until at least 23:00.. I'll wake up in the middle of the night if i fall asleep right now..

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Drove my buddies 87 ford ranger. Now I wish my s10 was a stickshift 

If i ever get a pickup with a stickshift, i have to get a shifter like this:

ratrod.png

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

How was the auto? Only driven manual 190s 

I didn't like it. It was always on the same gear (that's what it felt like xD), but when it decides to shift, holy fuck.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

I'm trying desperately to stay awake until at least 23:00.. I'll wake up in the middle of the night if i fall asleep right now..

I'm just waiting for a friend to get back on Skype to continue talking to them since we haven't in ages. Currently been up for 22 hours and I feel like its been longer.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Now how to convert a tahoe to 6 speed...

With great care and a death wheel.

On 5/8/2016 at 6:21 PM, bcredeur97 said:

@warmmilk @vetali @vinyldash303 @whoever_else_wants_to_see_this

before you ask heres an explanation for the christmas tree dashboard:
Airbag light: no idea. Clockspring broke and it came back on a month after replacement and never went off even after resetting. Still need to go to dealer to see what the code is lol

Windshield washer fluid low: self explanatory

brake light: the sensor for the E-brake pedal is broken

low-tire light sometimes comes on. thats a 220k mile TPMS system for ya

Service engine soon: P0420/P0430 (cats!)

otherwise the car is fine except for the few knocks im chasing with the rear suspension.

oh and the gas gauge only goes down to halfway. It showing Half means an empty tank. only one of the sensors in the tank is working(neat system takes an average of the two for accuracy I guess), dont know which one so can't fix. and its expensive so *shrug*

All of that isn't even the point of the video lol. transmission fluid is pretty fresh (15k miles on it). 

thats kinda normal for old (as in old tech, not very used) auto's... or did it not do that before?  

if you autox this, either leave it in full auto and let it shift itself, or just accelerate to second and stay in second.  the G has enough torque to where downshifting to first anywhere will prolly just cost you time over staying in second in an autox setting

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

7 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm just waiting for a friend to get back on Skype to continue talking to them since we haven't in ages. Currently been up for 22 hours and I feel like its been longer.

When i was at the gathering (lan party) i was awake for 28 hours, fell asleep in my chair and woke up behind the infodesk with dicks drawn all over my face. (I also had some random girl's name & phonenumber written below my left nipple (on my t-shirt, i was never undresed ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ)

Ps: i called her, we spent most of the time at the gathering chit-chatting and playing gta together.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

19 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

When i was at the gathering (lan party) i was awake for 28 hours, fell asleep in my chair and woke up behind the infodesk with dicks drawn all over my face. (I also had some random girl's name & phonenumber written below my left nipple (on my t-shirt, i was never undresed ᴵ ʰᵒᵖᵉ)

Ps: i called her, we spent most of the time at the gathering chit-chatting and playing gta together.

Sounds way more exciting than me right now. xD