Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Double post

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

All this talk about bacon made me hungry, so i cooked some suicide eggs (eggs, finely chopped chilli and loads of tabasco sauce) and death bacon. (Bacon soaked in blair's deatch sauce)

received_819173041551267.jpeg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

All this talk about bacon made me hungry, so i cooked some suicide eggs (eggs, finely chopped chilli and loads of tabasco sauce) and death bacon. (Bacon soaked in blair's deatch sauce)

lol ... thanks ... you made me hungry now 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

Uhg, Mondays.

13214605_10153993686196815_1710661385_o.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Uhg, Mondays.

13214605_10153993686196815_1710661385_o.

I dont get why those arent metal tops 

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I dont get why those arent metal tops 

because metal tops suck :P

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

because metal tops suck :P

Nah, the car would look way better, really not a fan of how soft tops look

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Nah, the car would look way better, really not a fan of how soft tops look

Except storing a giant metal roof would be a bitch and make the rear of the car look like a whale.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Except storing a giant metal roof would be a bitch and make the rear of the car look like a whale.

Bentleys have huge boots tho

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Bentleys have huge boots tho

Yeah and a metal roof would just make it have less space while making the entire thing bigger. lose/lose honestly

3 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah and a metal roof would just make it have less space while making the entire thing bigger. lose/lose honestly

Maybe, if they managed to keep it looking the same but with a hardtop it would be alot better than it is now

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Maybe, if they managed to keep it looking the same but with a hardtop it would be alot better than it is now

Totally agree but I don't see how they can manage it without taking up all the trunk space.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Totally agree but I don't see how they can manage it without taking up all the trunk space.

Tbf, with all hard folding roofs you have to sacrifice most of the boot space

6 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Tbf, with all hard folding roofs you have to sacrifice most of the boot space

Which will either lead to people complaining about the lack of space or Bentley trying to keep space the same and making a larger storage area for the roof. Full circle, doesn't go far either. :/

Honestly I'd rather just have a coupe and be done with it, a Continental is not a car I would get as a convertible.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Which will either lead to people complaining about the lack of space or Bentley trying to keep space the same and making a larger storage area for the roof. Full circle, doesn't go far either. :/

Honestly I'd rather just have a coupe and be done with it, a Continental is not a car I would get as a convertible.

The only convertibles id consider are the Maserati GranCabrio or a BMW M3. And even then id prefer the coupes to them

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

The only convertibles id consider are the Maserati GranCabrio or a BMW M3. And even then id prefer the coupes to them

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Meh, im more of a jeep guy. (But if i had to get a konvertible car i would probably want an early gen corvette or a Ford thunderbird)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

23 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Agreed. Too much floppiness in convertibles.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I am sad to report, the 240 is going to a new home soon.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

2 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

I am sad to report, the 240 is going to a new home soon.

nooo :( why? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

23 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

nooo :( why? 

Just cant afford to keep it, i own two motorcycles (both are 50cc mopeds) and i cant afford to insure the 240 on top of the cost of owning two mopeds. (My corvette  moped has been restricted to the stupid laws with veteran vehicles and i can only drive it to and from car shows)

And therefore i had to buy a cheap moped. (Nothing special, just a chinese 50cc Honda grom replica)

@techswede if you  are willing to make a roadtrip to Eidsvoll in Norway she's all yours for 10000 NOK

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

12 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

Just cant afford to keep it, i own two motorcycles (both are 50cc mopeds) and i cant afford to insure the 240 on top of the cost of owning two mopeds. (My corvette  moped has been restricted to the stupid laws with veteran vehicles and i can only drive it to and from car shows)

And therefore i had to buy a cheap moped. (Nothing special, just a chinese 50cc Honda grom replica)

@techswede if you  are willing to make a roadtrip to Eidsvoll in Norway she's all yours for 10000 NOK

If you cant afford to keep it, why buy it in the first place?

13 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

If you drove it all the way to trollhättan and swapped in a blueprint engines 493 chrysler engine. I'd be prepared to pay you $20

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

1 minute ago, techswede said:

If you drove it all the way to trollhättan and swapped in a blueprint engines 493 chrysler engine. I'd be prepared to pay you $20

That totally seems fair.