Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

47 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

XhuDGOE.gif

Woo, a heavily modified truck beats a lambo. Who'd have thought.

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Woo, a heavily modified truck beats a lambo. Who'd have thought.

That driver can't launch a lambo to save their life though.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That driver can't launch a lambo to save their life though.

Either that, or they just got the car and are playing it safe. Tbf, the only thing wrong with it looks to be the reaction time

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

HYPE

Molex to SATA, lose all your data

55 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Either that, or they just got the car and are playing it safe. Tbf, the only thing wrong with it looks to be the reaction time

its reaction time. lambos are pretty quick to accelerate. he just took a bit too long to accelerate.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

its reaction time. lambos are pretty quick to accelerate. he just took a bit too long to accelerate.

Yeah, but I still wouldnt discount it being bc its a new car. They also arent that friendly to drive

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

Yeah, but I still wouldnt discount it being bc its a new car. They also arent that friendly to drive

yeah, but once those things are broken in, they can be some mean machines.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah, but once those things are broken in, they can be some mean machines.

Yep, my uncle took me out in his old 640 a few years ago, not the fastest thing ive been in but certainly the one that took me back the most.

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Yep, my uncle took me out in his old 640 a few years ago, not the fastest thing ive been in but certainly the one that took me back the most.

damn your uncle has a lambo? stupid jealous now.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

damn your uncle has a lambo? stupid jealous now.

Used to, wrote it off unfortunately,  currently has an F10 M5. I dont see him often so this is the only pic of that M5

20151220_124855.jpg

23 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Used to, wrote it off unfortunately,  currently has an F10 M5. I dont see him often so this is the only pic of that M5

20151220_124855.jpg

hey, its still nice so its not that bad. manual or that stupid dct? i mean if you know, that is.

hey, its still nice so its not that bad. manual or that stupid dct? i mean if you know, that is.

DCT

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

DCT

blegh. this is why i wished the next m5 was an evolution of the e39. it's gotten too powerful and too soft at the same time. i miss when the m5 came in MANUAL only, no trashy DCTs or anything. just the pure experience of manual.

blegh. this is why i wished the next m5 was an evolution of the e39. it's gotten too powerful and too soft at the same time. i miss when the m5 came in MANUAL only, no trashy DCTs or anything. just the pure experience of manual.

Its not all that bad, in the F10 atleast. But yeah, If I ever get the money im gonna build an F10 but use the E39's V8 and manual gearbox. Possibly give it alot more power too

1 minute ago, iDeFecZx said:

Its not all that bad, in the F10 atleast. But yeah, If I ever get the money im gonna build an F10 but use the E39's V8 and manual gearbox. Possibly give it alot more power too

i think i'd just get a normal e39 m5. really nothing compares to the simple, but elegant look of the e39. its a timeless design. i like the round halo lights over the arbitrary shape of the new ones in new bmws.

Just now, terrytek said:

i think i'd just get a normal e39 m5. really nothing compares to the simple, but elegant look of the e39. its a timeless design. i like the round halo lights over the arbitrary shape of the new ones in new bmws.

I prefer the look of the current M5, but the E39 is like my dream family car

3 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I prefer the look of the current M5, but the E39 is like my dream family car

meh. new one looks way too big.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Not everyone wants a stickshift though. This kind of ties into the majority of people that buy bmws. People sit in rush hour traffic with these every day. Stick is outdated just like the core 2 quad. I hate to say it, but it is. I hope neither dis appear entirely. If you want a stickshift m5, you should plan on getting an e39, then tearing it apart, taking it to an acid bath place, removing the entirety of the paint and rust, taking it to a paint and body shop, restore the body, then putting it back together. Then you'll have an e39 that will last as long as you do. Until it breaks. 

i guess i could do that, restore one when i'm like 30-40. then i could have a timeless bmw that was considered one of the greatest in the world. but i hope there's still a niche in the auto market for stickshift, especially for performance cars. they're cheaper to manufacture and provide a hell lot more thrill. i seriously think america has seriously gotten soft over the last couple decades. before it went from everybody basically owning a manual to now everybody hating on manuals.

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

now everybody hating on manuals.

Pretty much nobody hates on manuals, it's quite the opposite. It's that many people don't care for an archaic way to drive all the time.

15 minutes ago, terrytek said:

meh. new one looks way too big.

i guess i could do that, restore one when i'm like 30-40. then i could have a timeless bmw that was considered one of the greatest in the world. but i hope there's still a niche in the auto market for stickshift, especially for performance cars. they're cheaper to manufacture and provide a hell lot more thrill. i seriously think america has seriously gotten soft over the last couple decades. before it went from everybody basically owning a manual to now everybody hating on manuals.

Tbf, modern autos are very very good. We had a 2015 JCW Mini whilst our '12 S was having an MOT, the gear changes were so smooth and quick. Sure its less involving but it was just as fun

Edited by iDeFecZx
Wrong transmission type . . .

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

There will always be a niche but that niche is a pain the ass and not profitable because they  make up less of the market. Not everyone is hating on manuals, in fact, hardly anyone is. The same presentage of people that hate on manuals is the same presentage of man hating women. It's the annoying vocal minority. You make up the minority of the car market, the market is not going to bend to your will. Given how much you have a hard on for the stickshift, why don't you spend more time in the truck scene? And I don't mean go jack up a Powerstroke, I mean like go look at the setups people have for towing. Especially the Cummins. The 6 speed is holy. 

Because trucks are for losers with skinny wieners. /s

When you're trying to set up the shot for an SV launch and fly-by, then a civic pulls out and photobombs you.

DSC05474.png

@MEC-777 Also one of two SLRs present, and 1 of 2 FAB Design SLRs in the world (apparently)

DSC05939.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

DSC05939.png

FAB design? They're quite the opposite

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

FAB design? They're quite the opposite

Its the roadster, not the coupe - I probably should have mentioned lol

mercedes-benz-slr-fab-design-07.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Obviously 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Its the roadster, not the coupe - I probably should have mentioned lol

mercedes-benz-slr-fab-design-07.jpg

FAB design are just as bad as mansory imo