Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 5/26/2022 at 10:57 AM, Neroon said:

I fully agree that electric cars can absolutely be fun.

Interesting time for me to just so happen to pop in again.

Over the years (since being active here), still been a car and driving enthusiast, and like to actually drive my car and have a good time. Anyone can drive fast in a straight line though, and when most of my time is spent commuting in the city there's nowhere to go fast anyways, I highly prefer having a good nimble chassis that handles well and is fun to toss around.

Maybe something went wrong along the line, but what I actually drive:

IMG_20220312_182749.thumb.jpg.21fde9e5f5a47d223779736b0c65c49d.jpg

Megan Racing coilovers, Ultra Racing Juke rear sway bar, Cusco Juke front LCA brace, Nitto NT05s, and the really low center of gravity - rips corners like it's on rails. A blast to rip through the city, down onramps, and at the occasional local autox events they host here. Needs a bit more power, plan to do the 110kW inverter upgrade next, once I actually find one to buy. 

"Rawr XD"

13 minutes ago, Aniallation said:

Interesting time for me to just so happen to pop in again.

Over the years (since being active here), still been a car and driving enthusiast, and like to actually drive my car and have a good time. Anyone can drive fast in a straight line though, and when most of my time is spent commuting in the city there's nowhere to go fast anyways, I highly prefer having a good nimble chassis that handles well and is fun to toss around.

Maybe something went wrong along the line, but what I actually drive:

IMG_20220312_182749.thumb.jpg.21fde9e5f5a47d223779736b0c65c49d.jpg

Megan Racing coilovers, Ultra Racing Juke rear sway bar, Cusco Juke front LCA brace, Nitto NT05s, and the really low center of gravity - rips corners like it's on rails. A blast to rip through the city, down onramps, and at the occasional local autox events they host here. Needs a bit more power, plan to do the 110kW inverter upgrade next, once I actually find one to buy. 

What car is that? Got more pics?

On another note, should be test driving a C70 this week.

On 6/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, TVwazhere said:

As a hot-hatch owner, the Corolla GR is one of the only interesting cars on the market right now, but it's already a limited production. From my experience anything that's not an overlyproduced truck or crossover SUV right now has either really long wait times (1-2 years) or a five digit markup. 

Its nice to see that Toyota finally put some oomph in the Corolla hatch.  I dig the look and it was on my shortlist when I was shopping last year.

But the fact you can't get a normal trim with anything but the 168hp and 152lbs of torque are just pathetic if you're looking for something nicer than a go cart feeling car.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

2 hours ago, Aniallation said:

2014 Nissan Leaf. 

20220504_205240.thumb.jpg.48d7dc56c270a1b98f17945a5dca2bca.jpg

20220504_211134.thumb.jpg.a97f093f4b99d89db0ee7831740ea03f.jpg

Not gonna lie, that sounds fun and looks nice. I bet it would be a lot of fun in a canyon or on tail of the dragon. 

3 hours ago, Bitter said:

Not gonna lie, that sounds fun and looks nice. I bet it would be a lot of fun in a canyon or on tail of the dragon. 

What’s better? That or a Chevy bolt 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

42 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

What’s better? That or a Chevy bolt 

The Bolt by far if you weigh tucking and rolling to escape from a vehicle fire as fun. Otherwise its a toss up.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

On 6/6/2022 at 5:20 PM, iDeFecZx said:

So instead of spending 3k to fix your car you spent 13k on a replacement?

Makes sense

3k, + the 2k I had already spent on it. At that point, I would have spent as much fixing it as it was worth, and as my wonderful dealership friends showed me, it wasn't worth 5k, it was worth $300.

Just now, vetali said:

The Bolt by far if you weigh tucking and rolling to escape from a vehicle fire as fun. Otherwise its a toss up.

lol, neither car has the power to weight ratio to be fun. 

32 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Bruh go drive one in a tight area flooring it out of corners and tell me that it’s not fun.

you get 100% of torque instantly. Pretty much all electric cars are fun at low speeds 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

"Yes, this is the fun police. You are not allowed to have fun in a car with a power to weight ratio higher than 2 grams per horsepower."

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Bruh go drive one in a tight area flooring it out of corners and tell me that it’s not fun.

you get 100% of torque instantly. Pretty much all electric cars are fun at low speeds 

be great if they had more than 110hp tho

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

be great if they had more than 110hp tho

Yeah. They just weren’t designed to do that they are commuter machines 

we’ll have more fun cheaper electric cars in time 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah. They just weren’t designed to do that they are commuter machines 

we’ll have more fun cheaper electric cars in time 

In ten years this will become "how do I overvolt my car to go faster" thread

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

27 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

In ten years this will become "how do I overvolt my car to go faster" thread

how will the fiesta boys cope without their pop and bang remaps

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

2 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Just as Miata owners did; through sheer willpower and doing wild shit with a cult following for their small size but good handling capabilities. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Is it weird that I would rather have a Mallett LS2 modified Solstice/Sky than an MX5, BRZ/FRS, Supra, 400z, etc?

9 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Hopefully they spontaneously combust from not being able to be obnoxious af

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

3 hours ago, IPD said:

Is it weird that I would rather have a Mallett LS2 modified Solstice/Sky than an MX5, BRZ/FRS, Supra, 400z, etc?

No. The solstice/sky should of came with an LS from the factory me thinks lol 

Spoiler

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

No. The solstice/sky should of came with an LS from the factory me thinks lol 

At least turbo was an option, LS would have been stupid in a car that small unless they had a baby 4.8 in it. The most disappointing thing if how clunky the trans feels, it's like they borrowed it from a S10 pickup or something. Yuck.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

At least turbo was an option, LS would have been stupid in a car that small unless they had a baby 4.8 in it. The most disappointing thing if how clunky the trans feels, it's like they borrowed it from a S10 pickup or something. Yuck.

I’ve driven an N/A solstice with a manual, it was fine. 

you could shove some huge tires under that car, there’s lots of room, I think it could handle an LS, just perhaps the whole drivetrain would have to be beefier 

i mean stock LS we’re talking what like 400hp in that era the car was made? They could of detuned it to 380 and it would of been fine and very fun 

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I’ve driven an N/A solstice with a manual, it was fine. 

you could shove some huge tires under that car, there’s lots of room, I think it could handle an LS, just perhaps the whole drivetrain would have to be beefier 

i mean stock LS we’re talking what like 400hp in that era the car was made? They could of detuned it to 380 and it would of been fine and very fun 

The NA I drove had a clunky stiff shifter and the clutch was very...blind? There wasn't much feel to the clutch pedal, as you fed it pedal to get moving it just kind of all felt the same there wasn't like in a Honda or Toyota that point i n travel where you feel in the pedal it's grabbing in a zone and you can just modulate in that shorter area when shifting and driving. The NA Solstice I drove had none of that at all, it just felt like the same pedal all the way from floor to full release. You could figure it out through trial and error but it wasn't fun, rev hang wasn't helping me out any either. I hate rev hang, makes me think I'm a shittier at stick than I am. I'm not great but I'm not THAT bad.

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

And yet, nobody said it was stupid when Mercedes made the SLK55 AMG....

2 hours ago, IPD said:

And yet, nobody said it was stupid when Mercedes made the SLK55 AMG....

I'm sure the SLK weighed a little more than the Solstice.