Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

31 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

snip

I just realised that you were suggesting a light bar as a joke, not showing me a picture of a similar looking truck to my old one as a reminder. Well, that's my autism for ya. 

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'm always 100% serious

Even if you were, it sure would be amusing to see a little SUV (actually, you wouldn't see it, or anything, ever again) with like 1100W of LED lights blazing from the front bumper.

19 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

Shhhhh. No need to mention that mistake. I loved that thing, it had character. This Honda... feels almost clinical in comparison. Obviously no big deal, and I don't want to complain about the drive feel, just stating how each vehicle felt to drive.

That... may or may not have been what I did. Turns out the repairs totalled more than it was worth, surprisingly, it wasn't the spark plugs, it was the exhaust manifold. The studs broke off in the engine ( I knew it was gonna happen, so it wasn't the mechanic's fault), repairs were estimated to be $3k, on top of the $2k in repairs I already did (lower control arms replaced, new alternator, other things that I forget). I would have run it for ages, but sadly my parents, specifically my mom, said that I would die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning while going 60 on a highway, which is illogical. I told her so, but to her, this repair was necessary. I didn't think so, but mother knows best, and she's the one with the good credit score that is eligible for a loan. That old thing had character, and while the improvements are nice, I'm gonna miss Louis (King of the Blues, Louis Armstrong lol, it was blue). It cost way more to run, especially given the maybe 10mpg I got while driving according to that hypermiling forum (and staying safe, I'm not stupid, over inflating your tires to 55PSI is the dumbest shiz I have seen). I get an average of 45mpg+ on the Honda, so it will pay for itself. It also has a warranty because it was Certified Used, not a super good one, but for a used car? I'll take anything. Plus, you can't forget the autonomy I get when my parents trust the vehicle to protect me when someone else wrecks into me, and are happy with the decision. I can go just about anywhere now. No snogging, but that's because I'm autistic and miss every advance I do get. So no curfew either lol. 

It's just... Shockingly bad. image.thumb.jpeg.6f965621b0974c4bf859f32d002b57d1.jpeg

I balanced that to what my eyes see, my camera obviously is going to adjust to make it as bright as possible. It's a tad bit darker, but not by much. It's also blurrier, because of compression and the super low light levels making the exposure suuuper long, long enough to blur because of my pretty shaky hands.

I do like that it is an easily solvable problem, and that it is the only problem, except for detailers removing the sticker that says when to get your next oil change, so I don't know when to do it. I was just so shocked when I genuinely couldn't tell if they were on or not, or if they were burnt out.

Is it halogen bulbs? They don’t last long (about a year) but put the nice ones in it. Makes a decent difference. I changed my first Corolla to brand new lenses that were clear and crystal vision ultras and it made a world of a difference 

the long life bulbs are pretty crappy if someone put that in there 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Is it halogen bulbs? They don’t last long (about a year) but put the nice ones in it. Makes a decent difference. I changed my first Corolla to brand new lenses that were clear and crystal vision ultras and it made a world of a difference 

Could be, thanks for the tip!

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Remember that no matter what you drive it’s costing you money. So hopefully you use the car to make money (which if you have a job, is true)

If only my car would make me some money xD

I'm in it for the 100% losses, 100% of the time.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Are you actually turning them on or are you driving around on the DRL? I see a lot of Honda at night on DRL.

5 hours ago, Bitter said:

Are you actually turning them on or are you driving around on the DRL? I see a lot of Honda at night on DRL.

I also see prob the same number of people coming at me with high beams on xD 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

49 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Same.

Also a shocking number of boomers and older on their phones while driving, at least as often as 'young people' if not more dangerously. You know, those old people who say kids are always on their phones. That's why I have an air horn on both my cars,maybe I'll make someone literally shit themselves as they merge into me posting thoughts and prayers on Facebook.

On 6/16/2022 at 12:01 PM, bcredeur97 said:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/111392922892

these
halogens are great, close enough to LED look while staying with halogen bulbs. my car doesnt play nice with LEDs whatsoever, so its not even an option.

replacing your projector housings can also make a huge difference to your light output, as well as just restoring your lenses

On 6/16/2022 at 12:38 PM, bcredeur97 said:

Ima just leave this here. Wish I could implement something similar in my Focus but alas. 

Okay, I can't be the only one annoyed at people who use high beams or have  ridiculously bright lights | ResetEra

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

40 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Ima just leave this here. Wish I could implement something similar in my Focus but alas. 

I think I could make this work lol

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

👀

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

59 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Okay, I can't be the only one annoyed at people who use high beams or have  ridiculously bright lights | ResetEra

i need that for when im on my motorcycle ... people love to be way too close to a bike 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I know I could.

Speaking of things working, got the AC in my daily working properly again today with a freon topoff.
It was working well enough until temps here got HOT and it's effectiveness went right out the window with temps now hitting 100+ and a generous helping of humidity thrown in for effect.

I did check it with a gauge but did that a couple of days ago in the afternoon when it was hot, the gauge was (Of course) giving a false reading due to the system being loaded down so heavily and was showing it being a tad overcharged - Which I already knew it wasn't.
This morning, not long after daylight I went out and checked it again and it gave a proper reading, showing it being "Meh" on the freon level so added some to it.
Now it's cooling like a champ.
Made a difference from driving 20 miles just so it starts blowing air thats just cool (Not cold) to it being actual cold air in about three-four minutes simply sitting at idle.
Drove it to the local Wal-Mart to run the charge in right after the work was done and it was fogging the windows so I know it's good to go for now.

If there is a leak it will eventually show itself as being present by how it works from here, that would be the next thing to tackle if one exists.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

12 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

https://twstatic.net/attachments/32469b57-5812-4f82-b5b3-794b228106f3_zps_575cdfc608ab701472b53503a836bb529c8b7ebd-jpg.1657311/

Flawless

Yep - That's how it's done.
Best of all it can be legitimized as a "Work light" if anyone has a real problem with it, I could mount the same on my pickup's toolbox or any other light I'd want.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

18 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

people love to be way too close to a bike 

I solved that by sticking a sjcam on the top-box, works most of the time. Knowing that you are accountable for everything you have done behind me is a pretty good deterrent..... 😄

2 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

I solved that by sticking a sjcam on the top-box, works most of the time. Knowing that you are accountable for everything you have done behind me is a pretty good deterrent..... 😄

Needs to be more obvious.

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Needs to be more obvious.

I think its obvious enough, especially with the front display(unlike the gopro it is backlit)  turned on.... 😉

20 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

i have no top box, nor do i want or need one but i like the idea of a rear mounted camera 😂

but genuinely it feels like car drivers forget that bikes also have working mirrors or that we also have a head that we can turn to check behind us 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

40 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

but genuinely it feels like car drivers forget that bikes also have working mirrors or that we also have a head that we can turn to check behind us 

Yeah, i can clearly see the panic on their face when i let go of the throttle....  😄 And this is the main issue, ppl just dont have a freakin idea how badly cars are outmatched both  in terms of acceleration and deceleration (especially engine brake).

41 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i have no top box, nor do i want or need one but i like the idea of a rear mounted camera 😂

You can get gopro compatible mounts that can be secured with a screw so getting a box isnt necessary .....

Huh I didn't even know the forum had a car sub. 

This is my 2017 BMW M140i, has a fairly extensive list of mods which il try and remember 

Visual 

- Aftermarket rear diffuser 

-M Style mirror caps

- Front air surrenders painted

- Black kidney grills 

Performance 

- Litchfield Stage 1 tune (Running 438hp wheel if I remember correctly and somewhere around 420 lbft of torque)

- XHP stage 3 gearbox map (Auto zf8)

- Quiff LSD 

- Motec lowering + stance kit 

- Powerflex rear bushings

and a few other little things I cant remember, I've owned it for about 2 and half years now. Looking to move on soon, a manual M2 CS has caught my eye big style, but here in the UK they're trading for at least £80k which is significantly more than I've ever spent on a car and quite a scary amount to tie up in one honestly. 

image.thumb.jpeg.315603a4d9a9f941ef5b3b9c95ac18df.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7e3f8cdfecd5e283f5c3757be61d81fc.jpeg

13 minutes ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Huh I didn't even know the forum had a car sub. 

This is my 2017 BMW M140i, has a fairly extensive list of mods which il try and remember

This car is now a collectible as BMW decided to shit on 1 series by making them Minis. Lovely car sir, I always wanted one of these (and I still do). Do I also see a GR Yaris parked next to this beauty?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18