Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, sirtoby said:

You're right, I've never driven one. Just thought that it might fit, but I just had a look and they're almost 1500kg. The front looks alright , but the back is hideous. I know that they designed it as nod to the 1800ES but it just doesn't work for me.

It's a good car, but the looks is pure personal preference 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

23 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

The c30 is quite heavy and big... I wouldn't count it as the same class as the others mentioned previously. 

Also it looks quite awesome... Especially the facelift r-design ones 

when the C30 first became i thing i remeber thinking it was the uggliest pice of shit on the road, it looks like a retarded smily from the back. i dont hate it as much now though, it looks ok

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 hours ago, vetali said:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/12/04/2020-chevy-silverado-hd-revealed-58j26gk9/

GM refreshed the Camaro and made it significantly worse styling. New gen Silverado 1500 looks hideous and still uses the same engine family while telling consumers to "not to look at fuel economy ratings". Roll out their christmas "buy like a GM employee" ad campaign, after laying off nearly 15k people. Then they puke out this garbage. Fantastic. Put a fork in GM. 

And somehow still not as ugly as the 1500. What is their styling department even doing??

Image result for 2019 silverado 1500

14 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And somehow still not as ugly as the 1500. What is their styling department even doing??

*SNIP*

Holy fuck! I had seen the 2500/3500 update but I must have missed this, and it's somehow worse than the HD series. 

Who the hell is running this project?!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

17 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Holy fuck! I had seen the 2500/3500 update but I must have missed this, and it's somehow worse than the HD series. 

Who the hell is running this project?!

Right??? I get they're trying to make a brick more aerodynamic and styled but jfc the '18s look waaaaaaay better.

Image result for 2018 silverado 1500

I'd own this, not the new monstrosities.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Right??? I get they're trying to make a brick more aerodynamic and styled but jfc the '18s look waaaaaaay better.

*SNIP*

Totally agree. I liked the outgoing models; I thought they looked sharp.

But these... Fuck.

EDIT: My only guess for how these made it through, is that the President of GM is confused by the term "Blind Polling"

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

19 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Totally agree. I liked the outgoing models; I thought they looked sharp.

But these... Fuck.

EDIT: My only guess for how these made it through, is that the President of GM is confused by the term "Blind Polling"

"OH so we have to blind our customer base with how the vehicles look? Gotcha"

4 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

If i had the money i;d buy it ... and it would not be the manual gearbox one :P 

why did you get rid of it? 

I wanted low end torque... evo has basically zero till the turbo spools up... and it was kinda annoying with a 3500lb car.. so I got a s197 mustang gt... it did great burnouts! :D

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I wanted low end torque... evo has basically zero till the turbo spools up... and it was kinda annoying with a 3500lb car.. so I got a s197 mustang gt... it did great burnouts! :D

Making cool noises, and doing burnouts is really about all my SN95 GT is good for. 

6 hours ago, cluelessgenius said:

stereotyping from the american *sigh* how predictable :D

no but seriously i wouldnt know

1. im born in russia

2. grew up in germany sure but in a russian family with according values

3. again i live here so i wouldnt know if other people around the world are more subtile than germans

what i do know is that most people (no matter where theyre from) dont have any manners anymore.

Someone from another country stereotyping an American *sigh* how predictable.

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think the gen before that looked even better lol

2 hours ago, warmmilk said:

My man ??

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Making cool noises, and doing burnouts is really about all my SN95 GT is good for. 

Notice his use of S197 in that sentence. But yeah SN95s are pretty slow. Oh well, Ford was still coming off their high from the 80s..... as was everyone else.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

1 minute ago, Cereal5 said:

Notice his use of S197 in that sentence. But yeah SN95s are pretty slow. Oh well, Ford was still coming off their high from the 80s..... as was everyone else.

Huh? Just cuz he mentioned one generation we're no longer allowed to comment on another generation? Sorry, but that's just not how this works. I very clearly stated that I was talking about a different generation. 

My SN95 is far from stock. ;) You know not of what you speak...

3 minutes ago, Cereal5 said:

I think the gen before that looked even better lol

They looked fine at the time but now they're just boring to me.

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Huh? Just cuz he mentioned one generation we're no longer allowed to comment on another generation? Sorry, but that's just not how this works. I very clearly stated that I was talking about a different generation. 

Blown like a crackhead. ?

2 hours ago, warmmilk said:

you need another evo x tho ... and do a compound turbo on it :ph34r:

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

32 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

LOL I missed the "my". Even so, it was an odd transition. And yes, I do know the true purpose of gear heads when buying a mustang, ask me how I know.

Spoiler

image1.thumb.JPG.1368f9a1d97d49dceb6c08f46c80d1dd.JPG

Man was this thing the biggest turd I ever bought...

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

guys, how shit of an idea is it to before even having ridden one season, to get a second bike? i have the GS500E, and i do like it, but there is this DR600...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

guys, how shit of an idea is it to before even having ridden one season, to get a second bike? i have the GS500E, and i do like it, but there is this DR600...

That's the best idea I've ever heard all week (not a joke).

[Under Construction]

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

if you can afford it and have the place for it .. and will actually ride them both ... go ahead? 

Just now, PandaCopyRight said:

if you can afford it and have the place for it .. and will actually ride them both ... go ahead? 

can i afford it? yes and no. i dont have the free cash straight up but i could shuffle some money around to afford it for sure. will i ride them both? not sure, i have a feeling it would be mostly the DR600 in the city, but i dont see myself riding on nobbies very far. place to store them both is where it gets very maybe and entirely depends on how much hate i can take from my parents probably :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

can i afford it? yes and no. i dont have the free cash straight up but i could shuffle some money around to afford it for sure. will i ride them both? not sure, i have a feeling it would be mostly the DR600 in the city, but i dont see myself riding on nobbies very far. place to store them both is where it gets very maybe and entirely depends on how much hate i can take from my parents probably :P 

sounds like you shouldn't get it. 

2 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

sounds like you shouldn't get it. 

thanks, il just keep looking at the add getting cheaper and cheaper untill the snow starts to melt and i see it shoot up. or maybe it will get sold 

Builds:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

thanks, il just keep looking at the add getting cheaper and cheaper untill the snow starts to melt and i see it shoot up. or maybe it will get sold 

if you will need to shuffle cash around ... and dont know if you have place to store them ... and if your parents wont like it

it just seems like the sensible option is to just look at the ad and not buy it xD 

4 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

to be fair, the S197 handled decently well for a stick axle car... everyone that drove mine was really surprised, including me... and this is on the shitastic oem 255 pirelli tires (I have 245 much stickier tires on my miata...)  the crown jewel of the car is definitely the engine though, I love that coyote engine!  I miss this car too... haha.. the only cars I've own that I don't miss is my protege (but its a great chassis tho), IS350, and 328i.  common thread about those 3 cars is they were all auto's... although the IS350 did awesome burnouts too and it launched exceptionally well... it'd beat most awd cars in stoplight races (aka unprepped surface)

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

you need another evo x tho ... and do a compound turbo on it :ph34r:

if I go evo again, it'll be an 8 or 9... only way it'd be a X is if I come across a deal thats literally a steal... also no compound turbo, nothing crazy power wise, but definitely MCS suspension...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

So earlier today I was driving along, stop at an intersection, proceed when I'm supposed to, so-on... Then a police officer blows through a red light with his siren blaring and lights flashing at probably 20 over, and I pull to the side of the road to let him through for whatever dire emergency he was called to.

He proceeds to stop right behind me and give me a ticket for going 50 in a 45 zone. But I guess he was feeling generous so he made it a 0-point "impeding traffic" ticket.

You know, I had thought that I'd be absolutely fine as long as I drove sensibly, but now I see the utility of radar detectors. It was all I could muster to not say "you must be awfully bored, sir."

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

8 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd disagree, the 2500 looks much much worse. The 1500 is the regular civic, and the 2500 is the civic type r for styling. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max