Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

eh 125 lb-ft in a 2300 lb car is /enough/ lol

it's at like 4500 rpm tho

this is what small turbo's are for tho... amirite?

true. and even though i have a V6, it's still a honda. I think my peak torque is at 5000RPM. xD 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

11 minutes ago, Jeremiah_H said:

80's Camaro and rotary swap it,

giphy.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

7 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

true. and even though i have a V6, it's still a honda. I think my peak torque is at 5000RPM. xD 

i really like the nissan VQ35 engine which and it would be great in a miata but word is because the V-angle isn't narrow enough like Honda's J32/35 is, it doesn't fit in a miata. 

plus I think it's much heavier. J32's are only 12 lbs more than the miata's "Old fashioned" iron block-aluminum head engine.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

nah. I'll stick with gasoline piston engines. good mix of both worlds... that being high rpm power and a bit of torque down low...

diesel engine's to me have always been purposeful engines. Good for extreme economy or for pulling things. 

Gasoline is just fun. because explosives

Idk, I like diesels. Maybe cause of that low end torque that just make the car feel faster than it is. My uncle has a W211 diesel thats lowered and on 'rimz'. Boy that thing feels fast. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

1 minute ago, ImadKnight said:

Idk, I like diesels. Maybe cause of that low end torque that just make the car feel faster than it is. My uncle has a W211 diesel thats lowered and on 'rimz'. Boy that thing feels fast. 

boosted gasoline engine's pretty much provide the same feel with less reliability and more fun and a better sound :P

but diesel has it's place. certainly. Too bad emissions is kinda killing them off tho

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2001-2002-2003-JDM-Acura-TL-3-2-J32A-Type-S-Engine-Acura-CL-Type-S-J32A2-/272544833873?hash=item3f74f02151:g:fG8AAOSwt5hYbStc&vxp=mtr

this + forged rods + head work + ITB's + good tune -> Miata = awesome

think of the sound it would make :o

Spoiler

@ImadKnight did someone say diesels? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, ImadKnight said:

700 dollar order? 

Yeye

1 hour ago, Jeremiah_H said:

That's sweet! You gotta do the conversion at all cost!!! One day I'm gonna buy a 80's Camaro and rotary swap it, we need to fight back... Nice rims though! Almost look similar to the limited edition rotary rims that the old 1st gens came with. That seems like a mad Turbo too! Got any videos?

PCDV0009.jpg

I love my car with all my heart. Here's the one video. I have, was before I swapped turbos 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Also

Was way up on the lift so this is all I got

20170828_154936.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Lots of nice cars in here, and here I just drive a pile of shit because I take the train into the city. When I'm home I don't really go anywhere in my car anyway. Maybe i should get a new car at some point I have a lot saved up. 

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I do have a deep love for the 20B. I've always wanted to do a 20B mini truck

People have RWD converted the 1st gen 9-5 before, using Mustang rear end parts, I know of one anyway. It's an insane build.

And then I have my 9-5 wagon that is in final re-assembly. Spun a bearing and swapped in a 24K mile engine, it's a stage 3 BrewCityBoost tune with an upgraded TD04, makes around 19PSI and 285Hp / 305Tq at the crank, really want to head to the dyno in the spring (Photo of my car attached)

Haven't had a chance to stop by the shop yet today.

Had to put together a $698 order. Who the hell needs $698 worth of Jimmy Johns?

Got my tires I picked up a couple weeks back mounted and balanced finally though.

20170606_212358.thumb.jpg.ec2ed054b8c4733d83fec06f2c50b8ba.jpg

700 dollars of jimmy johns.

sounds like somebody wants to be the next contender for My 600LB Life.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

700 dollars of jimmy johns.

sounds like somebody wants to be the next contender for My 600LB Life.

Was a catering order, guy bought lunch for the entire company. 

Anyone know how to compress this caliper piston? You gotta twist it while pushing right? Which way does it rotate? Been a minute since I've done this style piston.

20170828_164229.jpg

Just now, Jeremiah_H said:

Anyone know how to compress this caliper piston? You gotta twist it while pushing right? Which way does it rotate? Been a minute since I've done this style piston.

20170828_164229.jpg

Yeah push in as you turn it. 

10 minutes ago, LinusDropTechTips said:

Yeah push in as you turn it. 

Sweet I got it! So here's something everyone should consider before buying the cheapest pads you can. Check out these imperfections where the pad is supposed to slide frequently in the hardware grooves. These burs will cause binding and potentially break off and contact between your pad and rotor

20170828_165020.jpg

20170828_164936.jpg

20170828_164849.jpg

38 minutes ago, LinusDropTechTips said:

Wish my company would do that more then once in a blue moon. 

It ain't cheap. I can tell you that 

On 8/27/2017 at 0:19 PM, arnavvr said:

Houston traffic is a huge mess right now, just go look on Google Maps. @byalexandr Did your family evacuate? 

I drove back to Houston from my college town once they cancelled all my classes for the rest of the week. Was stuck in Houston for a few days, I tried like three different times to leave but no dice. Everywhere is flooded right now, my Mazda could barely handle the two foot deep water much less everywhere else. Luckily I made it back today, super sketch drive back but it was worth it since it just passed over my college town with no damage.

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Also

Was way up on the lift so this is all I got

20170828_154936.jpg

so much fucking hype xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

57 minutes ago, LinusDropTechTips said:

Lots of nice cars in here, and here I just drive a pile of shit because I take the train into the city. When I'm home I don't really go anywhere in my car anyway. Maybe i should get a new car at some point I have a lot saved up. 

Get a Saab ?

fqM4arZ.png

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

fqM4arZ.png

<3 hawkeye

One of my faster runs this past weekend:

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Mobo:  Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X 32GB 2133 Storage #1: 1TB 850 EVO SSD Storage #2: Western Digital Black 2TB Storage #3: Western Digital Green 4TB GPU: Gigabyte 980 Ti G1 Case: Mastercase5 PSU: EVGA 750 W G2 80+Gold Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite Monitor: LG 34UM94 Headset: Bose

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S9

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Made it through two feet of water? Wow. Deepest I had the s10 in was probably up to the axle tubes. Water got into the drum brakes and made them grabby for a block and a half or so. 

So Texas is flooding a lot and Oregon in hella on fire right now

I think the entire California valley might be set ablaze with this extreme heat we're having right now. Has hit 108 today, some spots hit 111 today. In the end of freaking August.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D