NVIDIA could price the next-gen GeForce GTX 2080 at up to $1499 USD

Blame those cancerous miners. It's hard for nVidia now to sell their GPU's at normal price and they are used to these absurdly priced GPU's.

From €1370 GTX1080Ti, they might think: Lol fck that, if dumb people are willing to buy GTX1080Ti for €1370, we'll be selling GTX2080 for €1499"

And you know what? It's a true story because here GTX1080Ti's have been costing €1370.

I'm fucking done if the prices continue raising like this.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

36 minutes ago, yian88 said:

crypto has no value its all fake, the value of crypto is given by its overhype and people investing mindlessly, it serves no purpose in real society.

"Hey man, my computer cracked this code", "cool, Ill give you $5 for that code", "But its just a fake number", "dont fucking care, its money now, deal with it"

Got to love how bullshit can start out of no where for no reason. 

The 1080 was as good as two 980s in VR.

So a 2080 will only as fast as two 1080s in VR probably. Actual benchmarks and game performance will result in 1080 SLi stomping the 2080 I assume.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 hour ago, yian88 said:

ruining gpu market for nothing

Last time I checked GPUs are selling like hot cakes, just because YOU dont get to buy a GPU for a reasonable price, doesnt mean that noone is buying gpus. In fact, the GPU market is booming like never before.

If anything cryptos are boosting the market as a whole.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

Blame those cancerous miners. It's hard for nVidia now to sell their GPU's at normal price and they are used to these absurdly priced GPU's.

Why would they even bother? Money is money, in fact, they make more cash than ever before. :)

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

2 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

Why would they even bother? Money is money, in fact, they make more cash than ever before. :)

I know. But isn't there a limit? If GTX2080 would truely costs $1499, then what about the low and mid range GPU's?

Consoles would be a much better choice and PC gaming will starts declining. Not everyone got the cash to pay $749 for a mid range GPU.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

30 minutes ago, Kukielka said:

Retailers are, Nvidia is not. 

Haha, I don't consider that news at all, it just happens to be on a news site. It's an opinion piece and nothing more.  

The 1080 was a massive improvement over the last generation, yes. However this is the exception, not the rule. We won't see massive gains like that every generation. The status quo is NOT to double improvement, it's usually getting the performance of the greater tier card. 

The idea that cards will cost that much is assanine. Look at what Nvidia has the MSRP set at. It's still low. The prices are high because of retailers, not manufacturers. They will make more money keeping their same pricing structure, because they will move more volume. That's extremely basic economics. 

TL;DR - This is a huge load of BS.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

21 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I don't consider that news at all, it just happens to be on a news site. It's an opinion piece and nothing more.  

The 1080 was a massive improvement over the last generation, yes. However this is the exception, not the rule. We won't see massive gains like that every generation. The status quo is NOT to double improvement, it's usually getting the performance of the greater tier card. 

The idea that cards will cost that much is assanine. Look at what Nvidia has the MSRP set at. It's still low. The prices are high because of retailers, not manufacturers. They will make more money keeping their same pricing structure, because they will move more volume. That's extremely basic economics. 

TL;DR - This is a huge load of BS.

I don't think it's even retailers. I think it's the supply chain between manufacturers and retailers hiking up the price along the way to make a quick buck.

what about when it will eventually drop again though ? and also when do the slower ampere cards begin to actually become cheaper like 100-250 dollars ?

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

18 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

I don't think it's even retailers. I think it's the supply chain between manufacturers and retailers hiking up the price along the way to make a quick buck.

I kind of doubt it. A retail store is less likely to take on the inventory if there's that much of an increased risk. Interesting thought though. Who knows. I'm glad I enjoy hunting for used bargains and am largely unaffected by this :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

This is an opinion piece, not news.

The problem is that I don't think anyone really *wants* to stop miners.  Tighten up the supply chain, eliminate middlemen and distributors,  enforce strict per-address per-credit-card limits, etc.  No one does it because the gravy train is too good right now.  Boy though will it be exciting when shit crashes and ebay gets flooded with thousands of 1070's and 1080Ti's.

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

2 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

The problem is that I don't think anyone really *wants* to stop miners.

Retailers dont because they are making bank. Nvidia sure does because they are getting the shit end of the stick with upset customers telling them to increase production and on top of it all get no extra revenue from this because they are still selling at MSRP to retailers.

Boy though will it be exciting when shit crashes and ebay gets flooded with thousands of 1070's and 1080Ti's.

Part of me believes that those people will still price gouge any way they can. Sure there might be some people willing to sell the card at the expected used price range, but considering the still high demand for them after the fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them get priced at MSRP on eBay.

You know people will just gobble that up because "muh 60 FPS" is stronger than "maybe I should wait"

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

Retailers dont because they are making bank. Nvidia sure does because they are getting the shit end of the stick with upset customers telling them to increase production and on top of it all get no extra revenue from this because they are still selling at MSRP to retailers.

Nvidia could stop this shit in a hurry if they really wanted to.  Why do you think you pretty much never see Intel CPU's on sale (even last-gen)?  Because Intel has control of it, same as Nvidia.  Right now they're just happy they're selling every bit of silicon they fab and are willing to take what they're currently getting in $.   They don't jack up the MSRP because they want/need to play the narrative that they're helpless good guys and that their business model isn't currently built on something that has +/- 40% swings in a single day (for the investors of their stock).

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

9 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Nvidia could stop this shit in a hurry if they really wanted to.  Why do you think you pretty much never see Intel CPU's on sale (even last-gen)?  Because Intel has control of it, same as Nvidia.  Right now they're just happy they're selling every bit of silicon they fab and are willing to take what they're currently getting in $.   They don't jack up the MSRP because they want/need to play the narrative that they're helpless good guys and that their business model isn't currently built on something that has +/- 40% swings in a single day (for the investors of their stock).

First is bullshit they can stop it. What? You expect them to pull factories out their ass when new factories are currently being setup for the next gen? You realize that cost money right? They would lose millions for literally a temp fix. And even then, retailers can still bump prices up. 

Second is since AMD doesnt care at all with competing with Nvidia, people were already buying out the stock of GPUs. The demand just made it worse. But since Nvidia is still only making money off MSRP, they are not making more than they would have. 

9 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Part of me believes that those people will still price gouge any way they can. Sure there might be some people willing to sell the card at the expected used price range, but considering the still high demand for them after the fact, I wouldn't be surprised if all of them get priced at MSRP.

You know people will just gobble that up because "muh 60 FPS" is stronger than "maybe I should wait"

Everyone's cards become less and less valuable for mining as difficultly ramps up.  The ramp up accelerates with new card releases. If you look at AMD cards, no one is gaming on them right now so you don't have anyone who is going to hang on to them for 4 years like you'd see with non-miners.  Then you have the currencies themselves with stupidly large value swings where your  ROI time jumps from 12 months to 24 months in a week.  That's *a lot* of pressure to sell what you have quickly and en masse.

It's a fire-exit stampede waiting to happen.  Also keep in mind the number of people who want to even buy these used cards is fixed.  It's not like there's 50% more gamers this year than 3 years ago.