Tech Goals for 2018?

dizmo
19 hours ago, dizmo said:

Ahhh it's TKL, too bad. I completely forgot about the G613, too bad they all use Romer G switches, they're not my favorite.

I'm under the impression that a full 104-key mechanical keyboard (with Cherry/Gateron/clone switches) would be too heavy to the point that making it wireless doesn't make sense.

I like the Romer-G. They're basically just mushy browns. Which I prefer due to my slight inclination to rubber-dome switches (I grew up with rubber-dome haha).

What I don't like about the G613 is the extra column of macro keys. I like macro keys for easy keyboard shortcuts (such as copy and paste) but I hate it when they make the keyboard longer.

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

6 hours ago, ErickS89 said:

@dizmo Cutting glass is easy, that's all you're doing and it's also more durable the acrylic as otherwise if you want clear tubing but want to do bends you would use acrylic but acrylic is pretty brittle....

Interesting. I assumed the glass was super thin and fragile, but if it's decently strong that's pretty solid.

More expensive I imagine though, no?

One day I'll put together a liquid cooled build. I just really hate the thought of having to maintain it :P

6 hours ago, Inversion said:

2017 was a pretty big tech year for me with a new laptop and getting all the parts for my Ryzen upgrade (although I technically built it in 2018)

Goals for this year:

Decide whether I want a new phone now or wait and get something better 6 to 12 months down the line

• I really like the look of the Samsung Galaxy S8 but it's still hideously expensive. I'll probably wait and see how the S9 is and I also want to take a serious look at some LG and OnePlus devices. I just pray I can get something with a headphone jack (DAMN YOU PIXEL 2 XL)

Somehow fit my entire setup into a dorm room when I go to Uni

• God help me

Pick up a second IPS monitor

• Dunno if I'll go for another the same or fork out for a high refresh rate one

On the whole, I'm planning a less radical year tech wise but who knows.

Haha, I'd just get a laptop for school. Should be studying anyway :P

S9 Plus should be a pretty sweet phone. It's far from a year away too ;) The longer you wait though the better they'll get.

I can only imagine how good the next Pixel will be.

6 hours ago, QuantumElement said:

Current goals:

Build my grandmother a new PC (Currently ordering the parts for it!)

Get a new case for my PC and install an NVME drive.

New chair. (Mine's falling apart)

Eventually get a new desk.

Build a dedicated rendering PC

Replace my G602 mouse with a wired mouse (The G602 will be for my laptop )

Get a mousepad

Get more shelves so I can display my growing collection of PC hardware and boxes.

Your grandma can use a PC?! Then again, you're probably 14 like most of the forum. xD

5 hours ago, Vertikull said:

1) Help my cousin build a high-end 1080 gaming rig or decent 4K rig

2) Get at least a second book published

3) Finish my personal rig to where I won"t really need to upgrade

What was your first book about? Impressive. How do profits work? Do you get a percentage of each book sold?

Haha, there's always upgrades that can be done ;)

4 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

oh really I didn't know that cool probably regular because plus seems kinda to big for my hands at the moment unless they grow larger " still in puberty "

I live in the US so would have to try and find a Exynos chip.

The computer I plan on building her isn't special but should be good for her current and future needs I hope :D

Ahhh yeah. I can't stand the regular one, it's way too narrow to me. Hmmm yeah. You guys will likely get the SD chip again. Canada's gotten the Exynos a few times, so that's always a plus.

Haha honestly I find more budget builds fun, especially if you go hunting for used parts!

3 hours ago, Noyu said:

I'm under the impression that a full 104-key mechanical keyboard (with Cherry/Gateron/clone switches) would be too heavy to the point that making it wireless doesn't make sense.

I like the Romer-G. They're basically just mushy browns. Which I prefer due to my slight inclination to rubber-dome switches (I grew up with rubber-dome haha).

What I don't like about the G613 is the extra column of macro keys. I like macro keys for easy keyboard shortcuts (such as copy and paste) but I hate it when they make the keyboard longer.

What does weight have to do with anything? :P I think that's just a lame excuse.

I'm not a fan for that exact reason. I don't even like MX Browns because they feel too mushy to me.

Really? I've never found them an issue. I've also never understood people that have problems with keyboard length though. Narrow shouldered people :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

8 hours ago, QuantumElement said:

Current goals:

Build my grandmother a new PC (Currently ordering the parts for it!)

Get a new case for my PC and install an NVME drive.

New chair. (Mine's falling apart)

Eventually get a new desk.

Build a dedicated rendering PC

Replace my G602 mouse with a wired mouse (The G602 will be for my laptop )

Get a mousepad

Get more shelves so I can display my growing collection of PC hardware and boxes.

Pentium G4400s are great for general use PCs for family members, but finding a cheap board and ram to go with it is a struggle.

Linus is my fetish.

On 07/01/2018 at 4:19 PM, dizmo said:

Really the reference cards don't even fit? That's awfully restrictive indeed.

Haha, that's always what I aim for when I buy stuff. I find deal hunting a lot more fun than going out and buying new stuff.

CoffeeLake kind of ruined that though.

Yep. My EVGA 1070 is a reference board with AIB cooler, it's a good inch too long hahaha.

Yeah I hear that, my FT03 & FT03 Mini I bought second hand, for only $100 when they were well over $200 brand new here. I like buying stuff using it, then flipping it sometimes even for quite the profit. Like I picked up this HP AIO PC for $45 locally, cause it was listed as a monitor, this thing was $2400 brand new. I ripped out the slim blu-ray drive & put a spare SSD I had lying around in there, turned around & sold it to a mate for $350.. Really nice IPS 1080P panel, touch screen, half decent speakers, shame it was only a dual core i5 & ancient radeon graphics, but it was an awesome unit.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Your grandma can use a PC?! Then again, you're probably 14 like most of the forum. xD

14? No. Reaching 20 here soon. And yes, she can use a PC and she’s been complaining about hers. So I figured I’d build her one.

2 hours ago, Bhav said:

Pentium G4400s are great for general use PCs for family members, but finding a cheap board and ram to go with it is a struggle.

I managed to compile a parts list that about 300$ with a MiniITX board, the CPU, RAM, storage and case. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

On 1/5/2018 at 7:20 PM, dizmo said:

Yea, up here a few people on the Focus forum have the RS and they've all had mechanical issues. One had to have the entire drive train replaced at 58k kilometers. That shouldn't happen. Not only that, but you can get a fully spec'd WRX STI for $10,000 less. The Audi S5, RS3, are all within a couple thousand dollars. Even in Ford's line up, you can get a very well appointed Mustang GT. The RS is priced about $8,000 out of its class.

58k km? Damn thats not far at all! I havent heard anything that bad personally, but kilometers sounds like it's the MKII, which is different than the MKIII in america, but, tomato tomAto. Point still reamins there are better car options across the board in all countries and all makes and models. 

vvvvvvv We may now resume discussion of computers here vvvvvv

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 hours ago, Virus__ said:

Yep. My EVGA 1070 is a reference board with AIB cooler, it's a good inch too long hahaha.

Yeah I hear that, my FT03 & FT03 Mini I bought second hand, for only $100 when they were well over $200 brand new here. I like buying stuff using it, then flipping it sometimes even for quite the profit. Like I picked up this HP AIO PC for $45 locally, cause it was listed as a monitor, this thing was $2400 brand new. I ripped out the slim blu-ray drive & put a spare SSD I had lying around in there, turned around & sold it to a mate for $350.. Really nice IPS 1080P panel, touch screen, half decent speakers, shame it was only a dual core i5 & ancient radeon graphics, but it was an awesome unit.

Nice!

Same here, I used to have a side business that was all about that. Mostly mountain bike parts (2-3x+ ROI), but I've gotten some killer deals. I won a leather bomber jacket for 99 cents, and the guy had set up the auction with free shipping. It cost him $30 to mail it to me, and I sold the jacket for $450. I also won 3 800GB Intel S3510 SSD's for $300 a few months ago. The temptation to RAID0 them was strong :P

That's a crazy deal for that HP! I find that around the first and second of the month you can always find great deals...unfortunate people that just can't pay their rent.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

58k km? Damn thats not far at all! I havent heard anything that bad personally, but kilometers sounds like it's the MKII, which is different than the MKIII in america, but, tomato tomAto. Point still reamins there are better car options across the board in all countries and all makes and models. 

vvvvvvv We may now resume discussion of computers here vvvvvv

Yeah I know. I mean, I like the car, it's just not priced properly. My buddy has a Titanium, and I've been helping him out with importing a salvage RS so he can harvest the good bits. It's the MK3, I'm Canadian ;)

...it's my thread. I'll discuss what I like. :PxD

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, dizmo said:

...it's my thread. I'll discuss what I like. :PxD

*adult spoiler warning*

Spoiler

Image result for my thread my rules

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

Nice!

Same here, I used to have a side business that was all about that. Mostly mountain bike parts (2-3x+ ROI), but I've gotten some killer deals. I won a leather bomber jacket for 99 cents, and the guy had set up the auction with free shipping. It cost him $30 to mail it to me, and I sold the jacket for $450. I also won 3 800GB Intel S3510 SSD's for $300 a few months ago. The temptation to RAID0 them was strong :P

That's a crazy deal for that HP! I find that around the first and second of the month you can always find great deals...unfortunate people that just can't pay their rent.

Oh damn. Those are some good deals. Yeah the HP was a great deal, I cleaned it out, applied new thermal paste to the CPU & GPU, fresh install of Windows & all was sweet.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

PC related:

• Modify GFs PC to run passivley (for fun basically) 
  • Get my Q6600 PC to run for CSGO
  • Build a NAS (maybe combined with CSGO PC?)
  • LEARN BLENDER FFS (Since basically forever)
  • Safe up and don't buy new hardware (maybe a new CPU for HTPC though)

Non PC related:

• Use the saved up money for a new car (probably already 2019 by then….RIP)
  • Build a new filtration system for my koi pond
  • Fully setup my HomeTheatre surround system. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

i gotta find something to do with my 2nd rapsberry pi

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

7 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

PC related:

• Modify GFs PC to run passivley (for fun basically) 
  • Get my Q6600 PC to run for CSGO
  • Build a NAS (maybe combined with CSGO PC?)
  • LEARN BLENDER FFS (Since basically forever)
  • Safe up and don't buy new hardware (maybe a new CPU for HTPC though)

Non PC related:

• Use the saved up money for a new car (probably already 2019 by then….RIP)
  • Build a new filtration system for my koi pond
  • Fully setup my HomeTheatre surround system. 

Give your pond softer edges, if you haven't already. For example, where the water line ends, it should be very shallow or a near flat angle. 

5a54686bbf6f8_pond1.jpg.40b83f7c5c8bb137760039e1daaed591.jpg

5a54687976f33_pond2.jpg.10960c73646de93f00af8bb40c802799.jpg

Sorry for random, but this absolutely saves your pump. I back-flush my filter maybe 10% as often since shallowing out the water edges. 

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

GPU — AMD RX 7900 XTX - XFX Speedster Merc 310 Black Edition - 24GB GDDR6

Monitor — Acer Predator XB271HU - 2560x1440 165Hz IPS 4ms

CPU Cooler — Noctua NH-D15

Motherboard — Gigabyte B650 GAMING X AX V2

Memory — 32GB G.Skill Flare X5 - 6000mHz CL32

Storage — WD Black - 2TB HDD

— Seagate SkyHawk - 2TB HDD

— Samsung 850 EVO - 250GB SSD

— WD Blue - 500GB M.2 SSD

— Samsung 990 PRO w/HS - 4TB M.2 SSD

Case — Fractal Design Define R6 TG

PSU — EVGA SuperNOVA G3 - 850W 80+ Gold 

Case Fans — 2(120mm) Noctua NF-F12 PWM - exhaust

— 3(140mm) Noctua NF-A14 PWM - intake

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

Headphones — Sennheiser HD600

Extras — Glorious PC Gaming Race - Mouse Wrist Rest  

— Glorious PC Gaming Race - XXL Extended Mouse Pad - 36" x 18"

— Max Keyboard Flacon-20 keypad - Cherry MX blue switches

1 hour ago, DutchTexan said:

Give your pond softer edges, if you haven't already. For example, where the water line ends, it should be very shallow or a near flat angle. 

~Snaperoni~

Sorry for random, but this absolutely saves your pump. I back-flush my filter maybe 10% as often since shallowing out the water edges. 

Haha, thanks :P

However, the pond is already finished and has been so for a couple years. Sadly the company that build it was really crappy and so the edges are really steep and there's nothing I can do. 

I don't get how this would help however? 

Thing is I only want to get a bigger filtration as the pond itself, while it's not perfect in any sense, is okayish. 

I'm currently running a Oase Filter which is really good but the increasing amount of fish (why did I ever throw goldfish in there? They double each year, lol. Gotta get rid of them some time) 

Is too much for it. This year the pond has almost never been fully clear. 

Spoiler

414d998c9a10c9272d292b6b328cc5ec_720x600

This thing holds like 100 Liters at most and comes with 9 sponges. I have to disassemble it every winter because it can't stand the cold. 

The update version will be put in 2x 650Liter tanks and will be equipped with around 40-50 brushes and 200 Liters of Hel-X bacteria medium. The old Filter will still be used as a pre-filter but with less/different medium. Additionally I want to put the whole thing in my garage so it can stay fully functional the whole year. 

It'll look a little like that:

Spoiler

erste-filterkammer-des-ibc-koi-filter.jp

Edit: about the pond, it's actually really small, with just about 7500 liters and has 4 Koi and about 500trillion goldfish (jk, but like 40?) in it. 

I'm currently having a flow of roughly 6000l/h so in the big new filter the water will circulate over 6 minutes inside it and have a really slow flow rate, which will be really good and should hopefully clean the pond up really nice. Plus, the bigger the filter, the less I have to clean it :P

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

13 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Haha, thanks :P

However, the pond is already finished and has been so for a couple years. Sadly the company that build it was really crappy and so the edges are really steep and there's nothing I can do. 

I don't get how this would help however? 

Thing is I only want to get a bigger filtration as the pond itself, while it's not perfect in any sense, is okayish. 

I'm currently running a Oase Filter which is really good but the increasing amount of fish (why did I ever throw goldfish in there? They double each year, lol. Gotta get rid of them some time) 

Is too much for it. This year the pond has almost never been fully clear. 

Reveal hidden contents

414d998c9a10c9272d292b6b328cc5ec_720x600

This thing holds like 100 Liters at most and comes with 9 sponges. I have to disassemble it every winter because it can't stand the cold. 

The update version will be put in 2x 650Liter tanks and will be equipped with around 40-50 brushes and 200 Liters of Hel-X bacteria medium. The old Filter will still be used as a pre-filter but with less/different medium. Additionally I want to put the whole thing in my garage so it can stay fully functional the whole year. 

It'll look a little like that:

Reveal hidden contents

erste-filterkammer-des-ibc-koi-filter.jp

Edit: about the pond, it's actually really small, with just about 7500 liters and has 4 Koi and about 500trillion goldfish (jk, but like 40?) in it. 

I'm currently having a flow of roughly 6000l/h so in the big new filter the water will circulate over 6 minutes inside it and have a really slow flow rate, which will be really good and should hopefully clean the pond up really nice. Plus, the bigger the filter, the less I have to clean it :P

YeahNo that's heavy duty xD I'm no where near that level. My pond is really tiny, under 1,000 liters. Do you have any tips for me?

I can only say it works because 'nature' haha I have no idea how it really made such a massive difference. Getting closer to a solid ecosystem is my main goal. It's very low maintenance now. I clean the main filter twice a year vs every other month or so. I've also gone through several pumps over the last decade and now this one has outlasted anything I've ever had. The waterfall has been much, much larger and constant than ever before too.

Last year tragedy struck when a red-eared slider found its way to my pond from the lake across the street, most likely. The damned thing killed both my Koi and I've been left with pure goldfish since. The water stays crystal clear and very near PH balance at the deepest point. With around 15 big goldfish I'm really impressed, the two biggest are about 9 inches long! I stop feeding them completely at certain points, because of all the mosquito larva and tadpoles. Then, feeding a few times a week during warmest times helps keep the population down too. Otherwise, every morning they feel my footsteps coming and go wild.

Turtles kill whatever is lowest and slowest in the pond. RIP

Spoiler

Cloudy weather

5a553b3696cd0_pond20182.thumb.jpg.ab46e346ad398d356ff105cdbf67b74f.jpg

5a553b31da819_pond20183.thumb.jpg.105b49fb5eef934783e69d3e29f2f4ac.jpg

5a553b2c75da4_pond20184.thumb.jpg.a1bac5986bd89b588be771f1440e31dc.jpg

5a553b3cca4d4_pond2018.thumb.jpg.4fdaf7b25932990f5e563f6cb65b80f5.jpg

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Keyboard — Max Keyboard TKL Blackbird - Cherry MX blue switches - Red Backlighting 

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X

On 1/8/2018 at 1:35 PM, dizmo said:

What does weight have to do with anything? :P I think that's just a lame excuse.

I'm not a fan for that exact reason. I don't even like MX Browns because they feel too mushy to me.

Really? I've never found them an issue. I've also never understood people that have problems with keyboard length though. Narrow shouldered people

I think most companies think that when it comes to wireless peripherals, they always expect the gamer to be in a couch setting rather than a desk setting.

Anyways, Corsair just announced a wireless mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red). It is TKL though so no numpad haha

Too long a keyboard can take up too much space on a desk, with minimal returns (e.g. gaming-only setup where you don't usually need the numpad).

In my case, I play seated on the floor while using this laptop desk as my "desk". So far I'm really happy with the space saved with the ANNE Pro.

I do however hate not having F-keys and arrow keys.

The newly released Corsair MKB would've been perfect for me, if only it were RGB :(

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

I've achieved MOAR RGB!!!!

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

@FloRolf That coy pond looks beautiful! I'm always amazed at how resilient those fish are. It gets very cold at SFU, and they have coy in the pond that runs through the courtyard. They just live under the walkway during the winter.

3 hours ago, Noyu said:

I think most companies think that when it comes to wireless peripherals, they always expect the gamer to be in a couch setting rather than a desk setting.

Anyways, Corsair just announced a wireless mechanical keyboard (Cherry MX Red). It is TKL though so no numpad haha

Too long a keyboard can take up too much space on a desk, with minimal returns (e.g. gaming-only setup where you don't usually need the numpad).

In my case, I play seated on the floor while using this laptop desk as my "desk". So far I'm really happy with the space saved with the ANNE Pro.

I do however hate not having F-keys and arrow keys.

The newly released Corsair MKB would've been perfect for me, if only it were RGB :(

That's a pretty cool wireless keyboard! 14 hours of battery life though? Ouch. Logitech can absolutely destroy those numbers. I wouldn't get a wireless keyboard unless it could last at least a week without charging.

Hmmm, interesting.

3 hours ago, Drak3 said:

I've achieved MOAR RGB!!!!

What'd you add? I thought you were being sarcastic before :P

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

9 hours ago, DutchTexan said:

YeahNo that's heavy duty xD I'm no where near that level. My pond is really tiny, under 1,000 liters. Do you have any tips for me?

I can only say it works because 'nature' haha I have no idea how it really made such a massive difference. Getting closer to a solid ecosystem is my main goal. It's very low maintenance now. I clean the main filter twice a year vs every other month or so. I've also gone through several pumps over the last decade and now this one has outlasted anything I've ever had. The waterfall has been much, much larger and constant than ever before too.

Last year tragedy struck when a red-eared slider found its way to my pond from the lake across the street, most likely. The damned thing killed both my Koi and I've been left with pure goldfish since. The water stays crystal clear and very near PH balance at the deepest point. With around 15 big goldfish I'm really impressed, the two biggest are about 9 inches long! I stop feeding them completely at certain points, because of all the mosquito larva and tadpoles. Then, feeding a few times a week during warmest times helps keep the population down too. Otherwise, every morning they feel my footsteps coming and go wild.

Turtles kill whatever is lowest and slowest in the pond. RIP

Reveal hidden contents

Cloudy weather

5a553b3696cd0_pond20182.thumb.jpg.ab46e346ad398d356ff105cdbf67b74f.jpg

5a553b31da819_pond20183.thumb.jpg.105b49fb5eef934783e69d3e29f2f4ac.jpg

5a553b2c75da4_pond20184.thumb.jpg.a1bac5986bd89b588be771f1440e31dc.jpg

5a553b3cca4d4_pond2018.thumb.jpg.4fdaf7b25932990f5e563f6cb65b80f5.jpg

Looks pretty good to me :)

My pov is that you always should have at least one step up of filtration. Usually 'pre-built' filters have like 'up to 10.000 liters' on them but then you can basically devide that by two to get the amount of liters with a few fish and by two again for a koi pond. So you are only left with 'for 2.500 liters' and then I'd take that for something like yours with 1000 liters :D

But according to you, your filtration is good enough for now and keeps everything tidy enough! 

I just came to realize recently (2y ago) that spending more money on quality food is well spent money. I'm now giving them 15€/kg food from a well rated company and they enjoy it. Life-food is also good from time to time but you got your mosquitoes so they have that :P

@dizmo that's @DutchTexan though :P

I don't have any pictures on my phone for some reason but I'll try to find one later at home :D

There we are at one of my other techgoals again, a NAS. ;)

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

29 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

@dizmo that's @DutchTexan though :P

I don't have any pictures on my phone for some reason but I'll try to find one later at home :D

There we are at one of my other techgoals again, a NAS. ;)

Hahah, oops! It's late. Cool! I'll likely never have a yard, but I love seeing what people have done with them.

I want a NAS as well. Not because I need one, but...because it'd be something to build. Even though realistically I'd just by a Synology box.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

6 hours ago, dizmo said:

What'd you add?

Scimitar Pro and a RGB headphone stand.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

• Fix all my build because they are all borked in some way
  • Get into mining
  • Get out of my addiction to computer parts
  • Add to my GPU collection

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

• Buy new PSU
  • Buy new Case
  • Buy new Keyboard
  • Buy new M.2 SSD
  • Buy AMP/DAC

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

10 hours ago, dizmo said:

Hahah, oops! It's late. Cool! I'll likely never have a yard, but I love seeing what people have done with them.

I want a NAS as well. Not because I need one, but...because it'd be something to build. Even though realistically I'd just by a Synology box.

@DutchTexan

here are some of mine :D

Not really great pictures though.

Careful, huge pics.

Spoiler

L3vpT0C.jpg

qDkxsy4.jpg

zR89QYD.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

12 hours ago, FloRolf said:

snip

That's true, my pump is rated for about a 1,000 gallons and my filter is closer to 4,000 gallons, ~3700L and ~15,000L. Yeah, I've noticed that with food as well, high quality is worth it. The cheaper pellets get straight up ignored sometimes, then dirty up the pond. I also purchase little containers of shrimp treats for indoor fish tanks. They go crazy for those. The mosquitoe larva are great, but the tadpoles are where serious volumes come in. Texas frogs take over the back yard and leave what seems like billions of little black dots swimming around.

Thanks for the advice! Your pond looks great. I really like the little river and your platform.

CPU — AMD Ryzen 7800X3D

Mouse — Logitech G PRO X