Tech Goals for 2018?

dizmo
15 hours ago, dizmo said:

Still thinking about leaving? Don't do it :P

Have you ever tried overclocking RAM? How difficult is it? I have a line on 2133mhz RAM but since I'm now getting Ryzen, I want something faster. Do you find 8GB is too limiting? I was hoping I could get away with 8GB instead of 16gb :P

What made you get the Silencio? Seems like a bit of a downgrade.

I find that m.2 drives are often a few dollars less than their 2.5" counterparts. Have you checked out Reddit? There's some steals that go through there pretty frequently if you keep an eye on it. I've been so tempted to try using a 120GB SSD as a cache drive for a 1TB HDD. I'd still have an SSD for Windows and games though...possibly one for each.

You wouldn't go up to 1440p? If you upgrade your card, you should easily be able to run it. I've never owned a really nice monitor, and next year I fully intend to buy one; I just don't know if it's going to be 4k, ultrawide, or 1440p. I guess we'll see what comes out in the later half of the year. Fingers crossed!

lol

I haven't tried overclocking my ram yet. 8GB is fine for most stuff but for Just Cause 3, that game is a ram hog.

Case & CPU:

Spoiler

I wanted the silencio because I wanted something simpler and smaller. I also wanted a 5.25" drive bay.

Unfortunately Fractal Design doesn't have much for mATX cases at least ones that could be a more direct alternative to an H440. I would've loved to have seen an R5 mini but that never happened. I mean there's the Define C mini and the Meshify C but for me they lacked something I was going for and that was something subtle and something practical.I also probably wouldn't have really had the money for that. I was trying to make cuts so I got the most for the little bit of money I had.

I would've loved to have gotten all new stuff (ram, storage, gpu) but that was a bit out of my reach and I figured 8GB of ram, what I have for storage and GPU are all easier things to fix later on and the GPU is really fine for the most part. I mean it does most of what I need it to do, I mean the i3 was kind of a similar story.

See the H440 looked like I had something way more powerful than I really did. The 352, it's a little harder to tell I mean I did put the Ryzen 7 sticker behind the door but still I guess in some way I kinda like that slight sleeper aspect of it. I put a $755 system in a $66 case when I had like a $120 case I could've put it in but then it would've looked odd and I wouldn't have been able to use my dvd drive. The i3 build without case was $512, I got the i3 as my birthday present last year.

All in all I paid $445 to switch from Intel to AMD and to go from ATX to mATX . If I would've gotten the dvd drive off Amazon it would've been like $420 but I paid double at Best Buy so for what I spent I really should've gotten a bluray drive instead of an average dvd drive but oh well, dvds are cheaper.

I could've just gotten an i7 7700K and slap that in my Z170 board after bios update and get the same cooler and call it a day and I would've saved $86 but if I would've gone that route I would've wanted a Kraken X52 which would've been way more expensive and I felt, I'd be happier doing what I did and so far I have. I'd never installed an actual air cooler before this build and that was a pain to do. Also I didn't bother with cable management because this case really doesn't have that much space or options for it.

Storage:

Spoiler

For the price of a 250GB 960 Evo (NVMe m.2), I can spend a little more and get a 500GB 850 Evo (2.5"). My 120GB SanDisk SSDPlus is fast, an 850 Evo is even faster apparently. I see plenty of reason to spend a little more to get a little more.*well little as in $20 more for twice the space* the only benefit I see in doing that is if I wanted fewer cables in my case which is tempting but I kinda want more like 500GB of SSD space and that's like a lot more on the 960 Evo.

$80 more for 500GB of NVMe m.2 over a 500GB 2.5" SSD or $22 less for 250GB of NVMe m.2.

Display:

Spoiler

I mean if the Volta *60 cards perform like the 1070Ti/a slightly cut down 1080 then sure I'd go for 1440p but if it's more like a 1070, I'd rather just use VSR or whatever Nvidia calls it. In all honesty, it would've been better if I would've waited until I had the money for an 8GB RX 480 or 1060 6GB but I was impatient and the 470 was on sale so that's what I ended up with.

1080p is fine for me at least with my 39" tv I can't imagine it being any less fine on like a 27" or 24" display.

TL;DR - Several reasons I did what I did with my build, but I'm not sure it's worthy of really going that far in depth with.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, wcreek said:

little more and get a 500GB 850 Evo (2.5")

I have this drive. It works, does it job. Seems to be fast, my last drive was a Samsung 830 SSD. Which was miles better than any mechanical disk. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I have this drive. It works, does it job. Seems to be fast, my last drive was a Samsung 830 SSD. Which was miles better than any mechanical disk. 

yeah, like I said I currently have a 120GB SanDisk SSDPlus it's fast. But the 850 Evo, all of them are faster Im sure.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On 1/6/2018 at 8:20 AM, dizmo said:

Where did you find a wireless mechanical keyboard? How do you like it and how long do the batteries last?

I like wireless because of the clutter it gets rid of.

I've always wanted to build a server as well, but I don't really have a need for it; a couple of external drives do the same thing for me. I like the idea of building something like that though.

I bought the ANNE Pro. http://en.obins.net/

It's a really good keyboard for it's price (sub-100$)

Sadly I haven't tested it's battery life as I'm still wired (my mouse is still wired).

There's a whole subreddit for it so you might wanna check that out.

You can get Gateron Reds/Blues/Browns on it.

In the future I also plan to upgrade the keyboard. PROBABLY into a smaller G613 (if ever Logitech releases that).

Karamo

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 | CPU Cooler: Wraith Stealth | GPU: Gigabgyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2070 Super | Motherboard: MSI B450M Mortar Max | RAM: G.Skill FlareX 2x8GB 3200MHz CL16 | SSD: ADATA XPG SX6000 Pro M.2 256GB | HDD: 1TB 2.5" Western Digital Blue (WD10SPZX) | Case: NZXT H510 | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit |

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

23 hours ago, dizmo said:

If the case was more popular I'd almost consider designing one myself :P

That stand looks pretty sweet! I'd probably have put it on the opposite side and had the cables running down the back of the arm, or better yet into the arm and then you can feed them through a pass through in the desk...

Yeah, I might have a pretty huge hate for visible cables.

I thought about getting the FT03 Mini before all these awesome ITX cases came out. I liked how it had a minimal footprint.

I also like the Caselabs Bullet BH4. For an mATX case, it's pretty small. Plus it has windows to show off all the money you've sunk into the compute box.

Yeah that's fair enough, I don't blame you.

The FT03 Mini is awesome, but really restrictive. I went to use it for my build, but it doesn't accept the Pascal reference length cards. It fit Kepler cards I know that, annoying, but oh well. Ended up selling it for what I paid for it, so that was fine haha.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

22 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

for you with no concern about power costs get whatever is the cheapest CPU that will work is

Good to know! I'm really tempted just to buy an Antminer S9 though.

22 hours ago, Technicolors said:

not sure if this is tech-related, but be job-ready as a software dev (or any tech job really) before summertime. honestly i doubt it'll happen though 

That'd be pretty nice, did you go to school for app development?

22 hours ago, Jerped said:

Yeah FS is really fun, even more with friends if you can. I've got my own dedicated server setup with my roommate and we enjoy playing a lot :D

The zoom model has a better battery and front facing camera, while the normal model has more RAM, more network compatibility and is a bit smaller.

The age you friend mentioned was probably related to waiting until the late 20s to be sure your sight is not still diminishing over time. I haven't changed my glasses for the last 4 years so I think I will be fine :D  I want to schedule an appointment for an evaluation in the coming months.

Hahaha, nice. That would be a little more fun. But you just farm? Are there goals or do you just go around trying out the equipment?

I never found a huge issue with a little less RAM, especially since the SoC would likely bog down before you could make the most out of it. The battery is the best of any phone I've ever had. You won't have an issue in Canada with the Zoom.

Exciting! Though, not gonna lie, I like the thought of buying glasses. So many choices, and accessories are nice :P

....that makes me sound so metro..

18 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

Well I need my storage man, I currently have a 1 TB HDD in my laptop for storage. Ill be also slapping an NVME drive for the boot and everything will be glorious. And yeah more than likely, the best desk that my wallet can afford straight from ikea :P 

Haha, I suppose, but in a laptop I'd rather have a bigger SATA drive :P

7 hours ago, wcreek said:

lol

I haven't tried overclocking my ram yet. 8GB is fine for most stuff but for Just Cause 3, that game is a ram hog.

Case & CPU:

Reveal hidden contents

I wanted the silencio because I wanted something simpler and smaller. I also wanted a 5.25" drive bay.

Unfortunately Fractal Design doesn't have much for mATX cases at least ones that could be a more direct alternative to an H440. I would've loved to have seen an R5 mini but that never happened. I mean there's the Define C mini and the Meshify C but for me they lacked something I was going for and that was something subtle and something practical.I also probably wouldn't have really had the money for that. I was trying to make cuts so I got the most for the little bit of money I had.

I would've loved to have gotten all new stuff (ram, storage, gpu) but that was a bit out of my reach and I figured 8GB of ram, what I have for storage and GPU are all easier things to fix later on and the GPU is really fine for the most part. I mean it does most of what I need it to do, I mean the i3 was kind of a similar story.

See the H440 looked like I had something way more powerful than I really did. The 352, it's a little harder to tell I mean I did put the Ryzen 7 sticker behind the door but still I guess in some way I kinda like that slight sleeper aspect of it. I put a $755 system in a $66 case when I had like a $120 case I could've put it in but then it would've looked odd and I wouldn't have been able to use my dvd drive. The i3 build without case was $512, I got the i3 as my birthday present last year.

All in all I paid $445 to switch from Intel to AMD and to go from ATX to mATX . If I would've gotten the dvd drive off Amazon it would've been like $420 but I paid double at Best Buy so for what I spent I really should've gotten a bluray drive instead of an average dvd drive but oh well, dvds are cheaper.

I could've just gotten an i7 7700K and slap that in my Z170 board after bios update and get the same cooler and call it a day and I would've saved $86 but if I would've gone that route I would've wanted a Kraken X52 which would've been way more expensive and I felt, I'd be happier doing what I did and so far I have. I'd never installed an actual air cooler before this build and that was a pain to do. Also I didn't bother with cable management because this case really doesn't have that much space or options for it.

Storage:

Reveal hidden contents

For the price of a 250GB 960 Evo (NVMe m.2), I can spend a little more and get a 500GB 850 Evo (2.5"). My 120GB SanDisk SSDPlus is fast, an 850 Evo is even faster apparently. I see plenty of reason to spend a little more to get a little more.*well little as in $20 more for twice the space* the only benefit I see in doing that is if I wanted fewer cables in my case which is tempting but I kinda want more like 500GB of SSD space and that's like a lot more on the 960 Evo.

$80 more for 500GB of NVMe m.2 over a 500GB 2.5" SSD or $22 less for 250GB of NVMe m.2.

Display:

Reveal hidden contents

I mean if the Volta *60 cards perform like the 1070Ti/a slightly cut down 1080 then sure I'd go for 1440p but if it's more like a 1070, I'd rather just use VSR or whatever Nvidia calls it. In all honesty, it would've been better if I would've waited until I had the money for an 8GB RX 480 or 1060 6GB but I was impatient and the 470 was on sale so that's what I ended up with.

1080p is fine for me at least with my 39" tv I can't imagine it being any less fine on like a 27" or 24" display.

TL;DR - Several reasons I did what I did with my build, but I'm not sure it's worthy of really going that far in depth with.

Haha, no cable management?! Crazy. I get where you're coming from. I never mind having a killer case and a lower end system, since the case will likely come with me iteration to iteration (once I get one that I truly love).

My roommate has an absolutely killer set up with...an i3. He was waiting for the 8700k to come back in stock, but since there's the memory leak issue I told him to wait until the next generation of chips comes out, hopefully fixed. No love for external DVD drives? That's what I use, since I very, very infrequently use it.

Have you seen pricing on the 1.1TB MX500? Only $260. That's what I'd go for, hard to beat.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see what the next series is like, but I think it'd be closer to the 1070 than 1070Ti. It won't be as nice of a jump as we saw before.

29 minutes ago, Noyu said:

I bought the ANNE Pro. http://en.obins.net/

It's a really good keyboard for it's price (sub-100$)

Sadly I haven't tested it's battery life as I'm still wired (my mouse is still wired).

There's a whole subreddit for it so you might wanna check that out.

You can get Gateron Reds/Blues/Browns on it.

In the future I also plan to upgrade the keyboard. PROBABLY into a smaller G613 (if ever Logitech releases that).

Ahhh it's TKL, too bad. I completely forgot about the G613, too bad they all use Romer G switches, they're not my favorite.

27 minutes ago, ErickS89 said:

That'll be an awesome build, I hope you do a build blog for it!

Are you going to liquid cool it? Hardline? I think that's what the case deserves! They have a lot more customization options than they used to. Pretty crazy.

18 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

Yeah that's fair enough, I don't blame you.

The FT03 Mini is awesome, but really restrictive. I went to use it for my build, but it doesn't accept the Pascal reference length cards. It fit Kepler cards I know that, annoying, but oh well. Ended up selling it for what I paid for it, so that was fine haha.

Really the reference cards don't even fit? That's awfully restrictive indeed.

Haha, that's always what I aim for when I buy stuff. I find deal hunting a lot more fun than going out and buying new stuff.

CoffeeLake kind of ruined that though.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

@dizmo Yes, might use glass tubing as I personally hate doing bends...

If and when I do this would likely be end of q2 to q3.

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

5 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Good to know! I'm really tempted just to buy an Antminer S9 though.

if I had the money I would, from my research they should pay for themselves in a few months and 1 S9 is like twice the profit of my entire setup, the trick is not overpaying for the thing because if you pay the prices the people on Ebay are asking for them (which is like double what the manufacture sells them for) then you could build a multi-GPU mining rig for cheaper that would earn just as much.

31 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, I suppose, but in a laptop I'd rather have a bigger SATA drive :P

Perhaps, but I need that 1 TB man. 1 TB SSD's cost a fuck ton 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

get a gaming/ editing pc

get better with LR and PR 

build pc for my sister for her B day so she can game and wat ever 

and 

"New" phone ( probably S7 or S8 when S9 comes out tbh )

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

USB-C everything portable

My laptop, portable speaker, mice

Already type-C phone, gopro, external SSD

Get the LAN on my PC working again:$

Upgrade my table to a stand up

My upcoming build while selling off all my X99 stuff, hopefully by the end of January cos the case is still out of stock:

I7 8700k & NZXT Kraken 42

Asus ROG Strix Z370-I (itx one)

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC in white

Snow Edition Thermaltake Core V1 

525 Gb Crucial MX300 (needed for a boot drive)

Couple of Arctic 80mm fans for my case

Carry over parts from old builds:

2x4 Gb 2133 Mhz ram (ram prices too high so gonna take this from my Pentium G4400 and hope it OCs to 2666 Mhz for optimal 8700k performance)

1000w EVGA T2 PSU 

2x6 Tb barracuda pros in raid 1, and 2x1 Tb evo 840s in raid 0.

I already have the GPU and am playing with it paired with my G4400 for fun, and the CPU, cooler and mobo will arrive tomorrow, then Im just waiting for the case to arrive.

Then if the onboard sound on this mobo still doesnt support Asio, I'll need an external soundcard that does for recording, and when it no longer costs an arm, leg and a kidney, 2x16 Gb G.Skill Trident RGBs at whatever the fastest they are available at the time (currently 3600 Mhz).

I was considering 2x8 Gb of 4266 Mhz+ stuff, but based on every review the 8700k gets next to no gains past 2666 Cas 14 ram so Id rather have 32 Gb.

Linus is my fetish.

13 hours ago, ErickS89 said:

@dizmo Yes, might use glass tubing as I personally hate doing bends...

If and when I do this would likely be end of q2 to q3.

Nice! I've heard glass is a huge pain to work with, and a lot more expensive, plus the added cost of fittings, but I think it'd be super sexy.

13 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

if I had the money I would, from my research they should pay for themselves in a few months and 1 S9 is like twice the profit of my entire setup, the trick is not overpaying for the thing because if you pay the prices the people on Ebay are asking for them (which is like double what the manufacture sells them for) then you could build a multi-GPU mining rig for cheaper that would earn just as much.

Yeah I hear ya, up here they're like $7,000 a piece. I'd try and grab one when Bitmain gets some in stock, $2,900 USD is definitely a better price to pay.

13 hours ago, silentprototipe said:

Perhaps, but I need that 1 TB man. 1 TB SSD's cost a fuck ton 

Haha they're not that bad! $260 isn't much for 1TB of SSD storage. I paid $240 for my first 60GB SSD.

13 hours ago, Eduard the weeb said:

get a gaming/ editing pc

get better with LR and PR 

build pc for my sister for her B day so she can game and wat ever 

and 

"New" phone ( probably S7 or S8 when S9 comes out tbh )

The S9 is supposed to be quite a bit better, fingerprint reader in the right place! Would you go for the regular or the Plus model? The new Exynos chips look like a massive step up. Nice of you to build a system for you sister!

6 hours ago, Satge said:

USB-C everything portable

My laptop, portable speaker, mice

Already type-C phone, gopro, external SSD

Get the LAN on my PC working again:$

Upgrade my table to a stand up

Have any tables in mind? I've seen some pretty good deals on eBay for motorized legs. Then just throw an Ikea top on it, and you've got quite a nice desk for not a lot of money. Though maybe you know some better budget options ;)

5 hours ago, Bhav said:

My upcoming build while selling off all my X99 stuff, hopefully by the end of January cos the case is still out of stock:

I7 8700k & NZXT Kraken 42

Asus ROG Strix Z370-I (itx one)

Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti OC in white

Snow Edition Thermaltake Core V1 

525 Gb Crucial MX300 (needed for a boot drive)

Couple of Arctic 80mm fans for my case

Carry over parts from old builds:

2x4 Gb 2133 Mhz ram (ram prices too high so gonna take this from my Pentium G4400 and hope it OCs to 2666 Mhz for optimal 8700k performance)

1000w EVGA T2 PSU 

2x6 Tb barracuda pros in raid 1, and 2x1 Tb evo 840s in raid 0.

-snip-

Sounds like it'll be a nice build! I'd take a second thought about using RAID with SSDs. While it halves their life expectancy, the bigger issue is that it also disables TRIM.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha they're not that bad! $260 isn't much for 1TB of SSD storage. I paid $240 for my first 60GB SSD.

Thats more than what my phone costs jesus christ 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

Just now, silentprototipe said:

Thats more than what my phone costs jesus christ 

I haven't had a budget phone in ages.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Sounds like it'll be a nice build! I'd take a second thought about using RAID with SSDs. While it halves their life expectancy, the bigger issue is that it also disables TRIM.

I've already raided them though, just carrying them over from my last build.

Linus is my fetish.

NAS Drive installed and set up

Network overhaul & POE Survalance cameras in

New main gaming rig built, if financially viable

One or two new Sony E Mount lenses bought

Technologically advanced MIDI ready Pedlaboard setup and working (Guitar related, but its tech for me, and on my to-do list of projects)

Intel i9 9900X | EVGA X299 Micro 2 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix Gaming 8GB | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 (4X8GB) 3200 | EVGA 280mm CLC

Seasonic 1300w Focus Gold | Samsung 500GB 970 EVO

WD Black 2TB/WD Black 1TB (X2)/Seagate 4TB Ironwolf/Crucial 1TB P1/Crucial MX500 500GB/Samsung 1TB QVO

Phanteks Entho Evolve MATX

Samsung LS29E790C 29 Inch Monitor | LG 24UD58 24 inch 4K UHD

Coolermaster Master Keys Pro RGB (Cherry MX Brown)

Logitech G700s

Razer Leviathan

20 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I haven't had a budget phone in ages.

Atleast the Moto G5 Plus is more bang for my buck than a 1 TB SSD xD

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

6 minutes ago, silentprototipe said:

Atleast the Moto G5 Plus is more bang for my buck than a 1 TB SSD xD

Haha, depends on the person I guess.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

@dizmo Cutting glass is easy, that's all you're doing and it's also more durable the acrylic as otherwise if you want clear tubing but want to do bends you would use acrylic but acrylic is pretty brittle....

I'm Batman!

2017 was a pretty big tech year for me with a new laptop and getting all the parts for my Ryzen upgrade (although I technically built it in 2018)

Goals for this year:

Decide whether I want a new phone now or wait and get something better 6 to 12 months down the line

• I really like the look of the Samsung Galaxy S8 but it's still hideously expensive. I'll probably wait and see how the S9 is and I also want to take a serious look at some LG and OnePlus devices. I just pray I can get something with a headphone jack (DAMN YOU PIXEL 2 XL)

Somehow fit my entire setup into a dorm room when I go to Uni

• God help me

Pick up a second IPS monitor

• Dunno if I'll go for another the same or fork out for a high refresh rate one

On the whole, I'm planning a less radical year tech wise but who knows.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD, Samsung 32" LED TV Monitor || Mouse: Logitech G703 Wireless || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT / Samsung Galaxy Buds ||

Current goals:

Build my grandmother a new PC (Currently ordering the parts for it!)

Get a new case for my PC and install an NVME drive.

New chair. (Mine's falling apart)

Eventually get a new desk.

Build a dedicated rendering PC

Replace my G602 mouse with a wired mouse (The G602 will be for my laptop )

Get a mousepad

Get more shelves so I can display my growing collection of PC hardware and boxes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

1) Help my cousin build a high-end 1080 gaming rig or decent 4K rig

2) Get at least a second book published

3) Finish my personal rig to where I won"t really need to upgrade

Case: FN POP XL

CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K

CPU Cooler: Fractal Design Celsius S36 360mm AIO

Mobo: 

GPU: Geforce RTX 3090 Founders

RAM: Corsair Vengence 128gb

PSU: Focus 1000w

SSD: Sansdiskssd240gb

HDD: Hitachi 2TB

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mouse: Corsair Harpoon 

------------------------------------------

Main PC Games

- Destiny 2
- Warzone
- Outriders

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

The S9 is supposed to be quite a bit better, fingerprint reader in the right place! Would you go for the regular or the Plus model? The new Exynos chips look like a massive step up. Nice of you to build a system for you sister!

11 hours ago, Satge said:

oh really I didn't know that cool probably regular because plus seems kinda to big for my hands at the moment unless they grow larger " still in puberty "

I live in the US so would have to try and find a Exynos chip.

The computer I plan on building her isn't special but should be good for her current and future needs I hope :D

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing