Tech Goals for 2018?

dizmo

Well for new year yours or mine there's no difference, my plans are:

-Build Gaming Rig

Which I already began working on it but cpu is missing i'm waiting to see how zen+ turnes out. 

-Complete my Mercy collection

I already have every item available for her but one legendary skin; that one from uprising update

-buying a new tablet

Maybe i consider buying IOS for the first time but i don't like it.

-improve my 3d designing skills...

... i hope...

- buy age of empires 4 collector's edition if possible

After 10 years or so, it's the only proper thanks giving to developers, because i played the aoe 2 and 3 cracked version, not the original one, 

My 2018 Tech Goal:

Build my First PC

I was supposed to build as long as my grades were good but I still haven't received my grades, should be receiving them today :) It's going to have a EVGA 1080 ti FTW3 and an i7-8700K with hard tubing custom loop cooled by two 360 RADs and maybe one more 240 RAD.

Finally Complete my Setup

I'm still in High School and I just moved here (to Florida) this Summer and am living in a rental townhouse. We found the perfect house and bought it in late early December but will finally move in late February and I want to complete my setup by getting my already chosen desk from IKEA and ceiling mount my Oculus sensors and wall hang my HMD wire.

Learn and Make Something in Python

I love programming but am very terrible at it. I knew the basics of it (variables, if/else and a little syntax) from trying to learn C# for Game programming (but later changed my dream career choice to Google Software engineer) and learned about bits and hex in AP Computer Science Principles. I want to learn Python and make an application with it.

Google Pixel XL 2

I want my iPhone 6s Plus to break already so that my parents could get me a new phone, the Google Pixel 2 XL, or it would be nice if I could buy it before my phone breaks so that I can get like $360 off my Pixel purchase.

Retrowave

Air cooled version of my first PC.

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO

Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Thermal Paste

Motherboard: Asus ROG MAXIMUS X HERO (WI-FI AC)

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3600 Memory

SSD: Samsung 960 Pro 512Gb M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

SSD 2: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

HDD: WD Black 6TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

HDD 2: Seagate Barracuda PRO 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Case: LIAN LI O11 Dynamic XL

PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA P2 1000W 80+ Platinum Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case Fans: Corsair LL120

Fan Controller: Corsair Commander Pro

Set Up

• Mouse: Razer Deathadder Elite
  • Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma
  • Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Gaming Mousepad
  • Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278QR
  • Audio
    • AMP: Sennheiser GSX1000
    • Headphones: Sennheiser 58X
    • Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III
  • Oculus Rift + Touch 3 Sensor Roomscale Setup

Hopefully getting a new GPU for upgrade, Perfecting fast task management  , More organized with my files splitting them hopefully from the cluttered mess i have in my hands now , a better headphone perhaps.

Details separate people.

Finish my gaming rig upgrade--

Still need a PSU and CPU/Motherboard

New laptop--

Likely an MSI Stealth of some sort

New phone--

Galaxy S3 is pretty old...

I would like to get a mining rig and a folding rig up and running this year(chances are looking pretty slim on that), as well as finish my retro gaming PC and a Minecraft server.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

There's only so much J.D. Honey and scotch in the world, but you need to drown the self-hate somehow. :(

Hahaha, truer words were never spoken :P

14 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

-snip-

the best piece of advice I could give would be to NOT waste time with any 4GB cards, those only have another 6 months to a year or something like that (from what I remember) before they won't be able to do ethereum, which is something AND cards do a better job at.

It would eh? Decisions decisions. I definitely want to get into something. Might even consider buying an Antminer S9, though the ability to resell that later on is pretty piss poor, so recouping the initial investment is a lot harder.

I'm currently looking at having an R9 380 and 2 R9 390's for mining cards. Gather they'll be ok?

Interesting about the memory issue.

13 hours ago, Ertman said:

My tech goals are:

1) Update, consolidate, and clean up my media server storage.

2) Streamline my pvr and streaming (local and internet) services and solutions for an easier and more enjoyable experience.

3) Put in some permanent ethernet connections to certain locations in my house, and possibly upgrade the wifi for the rest of the devices.

I haaaate trying to sort out my media drives. Such a dull task.

13 hours ago, Damascus said:

Hopefully, I'm moving into a bare 9x12 room so it only needs to share space with my bed

I'm redoing my room as well. Trying to decide between a bigger bed and less space or a small bed but loads of space.

I'll probably end up going with the latter, though I haven't had a queen sized bed in ages and I kind of miss it.

12 hours ago, Virus__ said:

I'd probably go for the ASUS Strix B350-I or the X370-I board & a nice Noctua air cooler. The L9x65 would probably be my pick. Especially since Ryzen CPU's i'm thinking of are only a 65w chip.

The Noctua is pretty good, but check out the Scythe Big Shuriken (rev 2 or something), it usually beats it by quite a few degrees. Also ID Cooling is supposed to have an awesome little cooler when you swap the original fan out for a Noctua unit.

11 hours ago, CUDA_Cores said:

My onyl goals are to make my laptop and desktop last another year so I don't have to buy new ones. Same with my iphone SE. The longer they last, the less money I need to spend on tech and the more money that can be invested working for me instead of serving as a drain on my assets. 

Part of me wishes I could use a phone like the SE, so easy to carry. I can't stand screens that small though.

9 hours ago, Enderman said:

Thanks :) They sound about as good as similar sized computer speakers, maybe even a bit better because the woofer I used is extremely powerful for it's size.

You can make speakers different shapes but then it gets hard to calculate or guess what the frequency response will be like.

Some high end speaker manufacturers have crazy weird looking designs.

Yeah, I love the look of the B&W Nautilus or the Focal Sopra's. Though I'd only spend that much on speakers if I won several millions of dollars :P

8 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Sure but I'd imagine the prices will be very high for those new phones.

Not necessarily. ZTE Axon 8, and there should be many, many mid range devices launched.

3 hours ago, Keikavoos said:

-snip-

- buy age of empires 4 collector's edition if possible

After 10 years or so, it's the only proper thanks giving to developers, because i played the aoe 2 and 3 cracked version, not the original one, 

OH man don't even get me started! Age Of Empires was my favorite game for the longest time. I got the OG one when we had our first decent computer, and each one after that. Rise of Nations is a bit better as you go into later epochs, but I can't wait to see what they do with this one. Hopefully it has way too many units to choose from, and the priest isn't the OP unit it always was. Yeah. I'm definitely buying this one. Might even preorder it :ph34r:

2 hours ago, G3ORG3Douj88 said:

My 2018 Tech Goal:

-snip-

Damn! Sounds like it'll be a nice set up!

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Finish my gaming rig upgrade--

Still need a PSU and CPU/Motherboard

New laptop--

Likely an MSI Stealth of some sort

New phone--

Galaxy S3 is pretty old...

I would like to get a mining rig and a folding rig up and running this year(chances are looking pretty slim on that), as well as finish my retro gaming PC and a Minecraft server.

Nice! You're well on your way to being done, a lot farther than I am that's for sure.

What phone caught your eye? Hopefully you're waiting until MWC to see what comes out ;)

The SD670 will be a very interesting chip, hopefully it's already in a few devices ready for launch.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

On 3-1-2018 at 7:55 AM, Legendarypoet said:

Not to spend another dime on tech this year.

you will fail, i guarantee you that ;) 

3 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

I know I posted earlier on, but to extend a point: I feel like this video talked to me:

damn he's gained some weight!

On 03/01/2018 at 7:26 AM, Damascus said:

If I see a 10c or higher overclickable xeon for a decent price I might nab one.

Only if it's single socket or Xeon 1xxx. So far the highest is 8 core. Might be 10 in the future who knows.

Xeon 2xxx/4xxx/8xxx are locked.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Transfer the now 3 year old system 

Spoiler

IMAG0396.thumb.jpg.ef478c7accd454166595edd69f1d9017.jpg

Into the 380T

Spoiler

20170925_085340.thumb.jpg.e3860510c7a452f79667aab01b7716f1.jpg

And build a new system in either the H700i (if they release a version without smart hub) or the Define R6..... And I Reaaaaaaally wanna try my hand at custom water cooling. However, with my obsession with my other girlfriend   it's hard to have money left over. 

Spoiler

20170928_125325.thumb.jpg.2502312466329c7b7443b48037a5b604.jpg

20171003_164222.thumb.jpg.1f73d0fef1b98b411d9f244658989001.jpg

20170719_110901.thumb.jpg.adb1d3dcbe5d665b43338b7d8d210407.jpg

Fortunately, the girls get along nicely ;) 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

17 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Only if it's single socket or Xeon 1xxx. So far the highest is 8 core. Might be 10 in the future who knows.

Xeon 2xxx/4xxx/8xxx are locked.

;) 1685, 1691 and 1695 are 10, 12 and 14 cores respectively 

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Build my first PC! :D

QUOTE ME TO SEE MY REPLY!:D

Get big enough 4K TV to play games from my laptop

Get PS4/PS4 Pro to play some of the PS exclusives

Choose and get mechanical keyboard

Stop spending on steam trading cards

Finally got PS4 Pro

16 minutes ago, Damascus said:

;) 1685, 1691 and 1695 are 10, 12 and 14 cores respectively 

I'm surprised no one on HWBOT has got one.

Maybe they just aren't too popular or too rare to get.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

I'm surprised no one on HWBOT has got one.

Maybe they just aren't too popular or too rare to get.

They're custom oem skus, incredibly rare.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

35 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Transfer the now 3 year old system 

Reveal hidden contents

IMAG0396.thumb.jpg.ef478c7accd454166595edd69f1d9017.jpg

Into the 380T

Reveal hidden contents

20170925_085340.thumb.jpg.e3860510c7a452f79667aab01b7716f1.jpg

And build a new system in either the H700i (if they release a version without smart hub) or the Define R6..... And I Reaaaaaaally wanna try my hand at custom water cooling. However, with my obsession with my other girlfriend   it's hard to have money left over. 

Hide contents

Fortunately, the girls get along nicely ;) 

Haha, at least you didn't buy the RS. That car seems like the worst value they've come up with in a long while.

17 minutes ago, mayu said:

Get big enough 4K TV to play games from my laptop

Get PS4/PS4 Pro to play some of the PS exclusives

Choose and get mechanical keyboard

Stop spending on steam trading cards

You actually buy them?! WHY!

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

The Noctua is pretty good, but check out the Scythe Big Shuriken (rev 2 or something), it usually beats it by quite a few degrees. Also ID Cooling is supposed to have an awesome little cooler when you swap the original fan out for a Noctua unit.

I only think of that one because I have one on my 6600k and at 100% load it doesn't go past 70 degrees, which is impressive for such a small cooler.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

7 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You actually buy them?! WHY!

Steam badges... level... profile showcase... Got little addicted to it... and too lazy/impatient for trading

Finally got PS4 Pro

@dizmo Murphy bed!

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Nice! You're well on your way to being done, a lot farther than I am that's for sure.

What phone caught your eye? Hopefully you're waiting until MWC to see what comes out ;)

The SD670 will be a very interesting chip, hopefully it's already in a few devices ready for launch.

I'm planning on saving up for a Galaxy S7 or S8, either one has all the capabilities I'm looking for in a phone.

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Final get my HP proliant dl 380 g6 running and get a disk shelf for it that has a dozen or more 1tb+ HDD. (the machine needs to get an OS installed but it is picky. I also want to spend under 100$ on the shelf. am going to try my local e-recycling place  )

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

- new keyboard and mouse

- an Unraid license (trying out the trail now and i'm very pleased at how user friendly it is)

- modding my dell r410 to accept bigger than 2TB disks (should be easy just a female mini sas to sata since i'm just using consumer parts for storage)

- buying disks for said server (3x 4TB HDD, 1x 240GB SSD)

- buying 2x quad Gb cards for a 4Gb link between my pc and server (10Gb if I can get a good deal on rj45 gear)

- getting around to learn python

Specs: CPU: I5 6600K (4.5 GHZ), GPU: RX 480 (stock), Mobo: MSI Z170A tomahawk AC, RAM: Corsair 16GB drr4 2600, CASE: NZXT S340, storage 240GB crusial SSD and a 1TB WD HHD

1) A New router

While my current router works fine. Im not 100% sure if DDWRT has issued an update fixing that WPA security issue. The last firmware is from September. I was looking at the Synology RT2600AC, I like the fact it uses the new AC standard as my current router is Dual Band N. I also like the fact its easy to use from what I read, at least compared to DDWRT. It allows me to account for bandwidth usage via device and service. Comcast 1TB cap sucks balls. 

2) Nintendo Switch....? Maybe 

Was going to do an over hall on my PC. Then I saw how much ram is now costing, and the fact graphics cards are still way over inflated in price as well as not being in stock. So Im trying to decide. Though if the rumors about Pokemon on the Switch are true, then Ill fucking have me a Switch. 

3) Bigger Monitor

Was going to build a PC with the power to do 1440p gaming. But that isnt going to happen any more. But, I might go from the 21.5" monitor to a 27", at least on one of the two. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

2 hours ago, Virus__ said:

I only think of that one because I have one on my 6600k and at 100% load it doesn't go past 70 degrees, which is impressive for such a small cooler.

Damn that's not too shabby at all. I can't wait to start my ITX build next year.

2 hours ago, mayu said:

Steam badges... level... profile showcase... Got little addicted to it... and too lazy/impatient for trading

Isn't the point of the badges to earn them? They're for achievements aren't they?

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

@dizmo Murphy bed!

Haha, too expensive! I'm only living here for a year and a bit...I'm actually looking at cheap Ikea beds, and discount mattress places. I do like the idea of a murphy bed though, I'll probably end up getting one when I move back to Van because rent is so high I'll have to get a studio apartment :P

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I'm planning on saving up for a Galaxy S7 or S8, either one has all the capabilities I'm looking for in a phone.

Not considering the S9? They supposedly fixed the fingerprint reader location :P

That, and the new Exynos is actually looking quite nice. I'm hoping for a huge battery, but I know I won't get it.

1 hour ago, CUDA_Cores said:

Do you have other goals such as:

• Buy those things on a 25% APR credit card
  • End up paying thousands of dollar for those things over the course of several years all because you wanted that shiny new thing NOW that does basically the same thing as the shiny thing from last year?
  • Declare bankrupcy, have your assets liquidated and be stuck living on social security checks hand-to-mouth the rest of your life?

I swear nobody saves any money these days. 

Rather presumptuous isn't it?

Those things, while on the expensive side, don't equate to that much money.

Maybe he's using super old stuff now, and it's time for an upgrade?

Maybe he's got good credit, and has a low interest credit card?

Maybe he has a decent job?

I swear, tons of people on here don't realize that not everyone makes minimum wage. Some of us pull in $4k+ a month.

53 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

-snip-

2) Nintendo Switch....? Maybe 

Was going to do an over hall on my PC. Then I saw how much ram is now costing, and the fact graphics cards are still way over inflated in price as well as not being in stock. So Im trying to decide. Though if the rumors about Pokemon on the Switch are true, then Ill fucking have me a Switch. 

3) Bigger Monitor

Was going to build a PC with the power to do 1440p gaming. But that isnt going to happen any more. But, I might go from the 21.5" monitor to a 27", at least on one of the two.

I'd take a gander at a 27" monitor before you get one, I bought one thinking I'd love it but I ended up hating it. Not sharp enough. I don't like most games on the Switch, but even I'm tempted to buy one just to play Zelda!

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Not considering the S9? They supposedly fixed the fingerprint reader location :P

That, and the new Exynos is actually looking quite nice. I'm hoping for a huge battery, but I know I won't get it.

The S9 wasn't close to releasing when I started thinking of upgrading my phone, in fact the S8 was just in the news when I started

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

The S9 wasn't close to releasing when I started thinking of upgrading my phone, in fact the S8 was just in the news when I started

It is now ;) If you use the camera a lot, I think it'll benefit you. Otherwise I bet it'll be pretty similar to the last one. Especially if you're somewhere that's getting the SnapDragon model.

8 minutes ago, CUDA_Cores said:

some of us (like me) are rushing to save enough money to retire rather than buying material things that add little monetary value to their lives. I would rather work 10-15 years, have 2.5 million in the stock market and retire on that from being extremely frugal during my entire working career. Of course i'll still do things, but they will be jobs I truly consider "fun". Stuff like reselling (reselling doesn't make enough to pay the bills). 

I don't want to spend my life working. I know adults who at 60+ who are still working because they have bills to pay. even though they had good jobs, they spent it on things that really don't matter today. I never want to be in that position, so I save save save until one day I can do whatever the fuck i want, with money being no object. 

I still go on vacations, I just use credit cards as a way to do it instead. I sign up for a credit card, pay my rent and earn a free trip to Hawaii or whatever. Then the spend to do it is very little, and I don't have to go into debt. 

Also $4k+ a month isn't good in my book. That's how much I was making a month over summer 2017 selling PC parts. 

Guess what kid? Not everyone is like you. Don't judge others for the way they live their lives, you have absolutely no right. We'll see if you manage to save that much money in 10 years, because it's highly unlikely.

Some people actually like working for a living. I know several people well into their 60's that want nothing other than to continue working. It's a reason to get up every day, a sense of accomplishment. Most people that retire, from what I've experienced, don't enjoy it as much as they thought they would.

Funny, very few people would consider $70k+ a year a poor salary. It was also merely an example. Making that for a couple months is by no means the same as making it every month. When reselling bike parts I was pulling in $3k/week during the summer.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler