Statements that trigger tech fans.

Armakar
11 hours ago, DanielMDA said:

Why do you have an Athlon X4 950? A Celeron G3930 or G3950 have better scores overall (and the G3930 is cheaper, at 44.99), and those are the lowest SKU´s on Intel´s 7th Gen

cheap AM4 chip , wich i got together w/ an AM4 board for 60 bucks , whenever i upgrade my main system to zen+ or zen2 the R5 1600 has a place to go 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

15 hours ago, shadowbyte said:

have you ever tried a high refresh rate panel?

I thought the same until I purchased a 144hz panel; the difference is massive. 60fps is still playable, but seems 'slow' compared to triple digit.

Yes I went from a 120hz 1080 to a 4k panel and im not going back. I am not arguing that 120 is not butter smooth goodness, but I prefer the quality and pixel density and just better overall panels. 

My whole issue is with people saying 60 is unplayable which is a joke. 

Bandwidth vs throughput misconception. It is honestly, slightly more than, a bit annoying for me.

16 hours ago, Atmos said:

Im not saying they're bad laptops, their just a bad value for consumers who simply dont need it, college students sitting well among those. easily 1/2 the laptops you see at my campus though are macbooks and macbook pros but the people only use them for stuff like writing reports and browsing the web, but then want to turn around and complain about inflated book prices even though they happily paid for that inflated apple logo

Yeah i mean most college students could get a Ultrabook i5 8gb ram 256gb SSD long ass battery life for like 800-1000 depending on which and it will be easier to carry around and cheaper and faster then anything 80+% of students need to reserch and write papers or watch some entertainment 

As someone with a I5 4690k @4.2ghz  & GTX 1080 i also have a Core M Tablet/laptop deal and its plenty good for almost everything i do. Only got 4gb of ram which is only a problem once and a while 

11 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

oh, i have another trigger word for people on this forum

"Intel"

Honestly goes both sides of the aisle lol

People at least on this forum for sure have a lot of double standards, one that comes to mind is the defense a lot of members will make for Google, when they do something that is either shady or something that Apple has done. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

[ ... ] however I have never been lost [ ... ]

Oooohhhhh!

I'm so triggered right now.

4 hours ago, ElZamo92 said:

Console is better than PC for gaming

Comparing PC and console gaming in general. Different strokes for different folks.

It also grates me when someone tries to compare the two by doing build comparisons but do all sorts of things in the PC's favor. That just tells me they didn't do a lot of research of what they're comparing against.

7 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yeah that is the oldest one in the book, people who compare devices speed based on their system ram... I remember once someone asked me for a laptop recommendation for just web browsing and light work on Office.

Knowing the person's habit to use only cloud services as well like YouTube and Netflix without the need for bigger storage I search and search and search....

Found a killer deal on an i5 7200u with a 256gb SSD... only had 4gb of RAM but out of own experience I knew he wouldn't need it and I also knew this laptop was going to be fast enough.

Result is that he got scared out and instead of discussing it with me the possibility to upgrade its memory to 8gb he went and bought instead, advised by some moron, at same pricing an i3 5010u, 8gb ram and a 1tb 5400rpm 2,5 HDD.

Moral of the story he only uses 80ish GB of on the HDD and has complained to me more than once that the laptop is painfully slow that he can't understand how it is worse if it has the double memory... /facepalm.

It is frustrating the inexperience of some people.

This. 1000 times. Have run into this situation more than once and thankfully, my clients listened and always tell me how amazed they are at how fast their machines run (boot up and load programs). ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Trigger: people who don't know anything about tech bragging about specs of whatever product they bought because it was the "premium version" of whatever everyone else is buying;

Trigger squared: when said people use incorrect units ("my MacBookPro has 16 MHz of RAM and 500 MHz of disk" nope, not kidding);

Trigger cubed: when said people argue when you try to correct their units;

Trigger exponentiated: when said people pass themselves off as experts…

Using Wikipedia/Wccftech/Fudzilla/[...etc...] as a reference when refuting or making a point.

Different people get set off depending upon which source used ... especially if that source is actually right.

6 hours ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Bandwidth vs throughput misconception. It is honestly, slightly more than, a bit annoying for me.

This one is interesting, when do you hear them being misused?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 minutes ago, mr moose said:

This one is interesting, when do you hear them being misused?

Probably not what they were thinking, but a common one I find (and not really annoyed by this, but just using this as an example) is people complaining about how say their USB 2.0 device isn't shoving out 60 MB/sec when the spec says it's capable of up to 480 Mbps. Yes the bus is capable of 480 Mbps, but a non-trivial amount is overhead and thensome.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Probably not what they were thinking, but a common one I find (and not really annoyed by this, but just using this as an example) is people complaining about how say their USB 2.0 device isn't shoving out 60 MB/sec when the spec says it's capable of up to 480 Mbps. Yes the bus is capable of 480 Mbps, but a non-trivial amount is overhead and thensome.

So basically failing to account for intrinsic overheads and expecting a perfect outcome from a theoretical spec?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

6 minutes ago, mr moose said:

So basically failing to account for intrinsic overheads and expecting a perfect outcome from a theoretical spec?

Probably, but like I said, I don't know what they were thinking :P

Maybe the annoyance comes from the insistence that said device should be able to pump out the throughput bandwidth as high as the bus's bandwidth?

EDIT: Oh wait, I just mixed the terms up.

Edited by M.Yurizaki

19 hours ago, Space Reptile said:

more mhz = better (no matter the age) 
also a Core 2 duo is a good thing to get on a budget 

Core 2 Duo is a good chip to get on a budget. If you are spending like $50

1 hour ago, Jose Camoes Silva said:

Trigger exponentiated: when said people pass themselves off as experts…

Actually this one does make me Irate, especially when I have attained professional education/status in 4 different fields and some numpty at a party starts telling you how things work in one of those fields (and they are wrong).

8 hours ago, kk027 said:

While I don't like Apple, I don't think pepole who use Apple products are stupid.

I am stupid how dare you

14 minutes ago, mr moose said:

Actually this one does make me Irate, especially when I have attained professional education/status in 4 different fields and some numpty at a party starts telling you how things work in one of those fields (and they are wrong).

I think it's more when you chime in (and you don't even quote them) and then they start telling you you're wrong that gets annoying.

On that note, one thing that bugs me is when people claim certain things but their "facts" are based on what someone else said or did. Last month I did an experiment to see whether or not cloning Windows was in and of itself a bad thing to do because everyone and their mother on this forum claims you'll have problems if you clone... and I encountered nothing. I did find a probable explanation for a source of problems, but I didn't dig into that.

I can't think of another one that everyone believes but nobody actually verified I tend to see that a lot.

And yes I'm guilty of some of that too.

EDIT: On a side note I really hate this

Person > [X application that has a large user base] sucks! It always breaks for me!

Me > It works just fine for me, I never had a problem with it

Person > Well then you must be very lucky

How the hell can I be lucky? Unless I'm working on a quantum computer, luck has absolutely nothing to do with it.

1 hour ago, Norseman4 said:

Wikipedia

Wikipedia can be an excellent source, if you check its sources first.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Wikipedia can be an excellent source, if you check its sources first.

I find that for STEM, generally it is a very good source. However if you are looking up political issues with ambiguous causalities or company behaviour that is subjective, you might be in for a world of internet debates.

6 minutes ago, Froody129 said:

"Could you perhaps take a look at my computer?"

I'm not your fucking tech support, you don't ask your doctor friend to check you for free...

I do those just for fun tbh, if I have the time I can find troubleshooting really enjoyable

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I do those just for fun tbh, if I have the time I can find troubleshooting really enjoyable

Well yeah, if I have some time I'll look at it but people expect me to go to great lengths to fix their crap. Usually it's some dumb issue that they could just have fixed themselves with a Google search though

That's an F in the profile pic