Whats the framerate and resolution of your eys

Eyes do not see in frames and they also do not have pixels.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Eyes are analog, monitors are digital. What's the frame rate and resolution of real life?

Eyes kinda do have pixels.

As to what you can see, that´s no more than about 50fps, and the resolution is actually very poor.  Ears are much more sensitive.

4 minutes ago, Powerscape one man band said:

Whats the framerate and resolution of our eyes? just asking

2 minutes ago, Powerscape one man band said:

maybe 10 fps

Good Troll

In b4 lock

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

6 minutes ago, Powerscape one man band said:

Whats the framerate and resolution of our eyes? just asking

There is no specific "resolution", and light is a constant stream, so there is no "framerate".

P.S.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Eyes do not see in frames and they also do not have pixels.

Eyes do have cones to sense colour, mostly what's in focus, and rods to just sense light, mostly in the peripheral vision. 6 million cones, 90 million rods. So about 2MP RGB, and 90MP black and white? Sort of. 

:)

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

As to what you can see, that´s no more than about 50fps, and the resolution is actually very poor.  Ears are much more sensitive.

Dude, that is just straight up false. The human eye is remarkably complex and does not see "pixels." It has been proved that the human eye can see 240 FPS and further. I don't have the article link with be right now, but you can look up the study on jet pilots who were flashed an image of a plane and were asked to identify it.

ORANGE SCREEN WINDOWS 10 VALUE OVER TIME - PC VS MAC

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

16 GB Corsair DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

500 GB Sandisk 950 PRO - Windows 10, Elementary OS, Zorin OS

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Red Led

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

oh no not this stupid shit again. kids these days have been brainwashed! the human eye has no resolution and we perceive light as light i guess, we dont have a fucking fps counter in our eyes so no one really knows, but studies have shown its greater then 1000fps

4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Wrong in every way.

3 minutes ago, seon123 said:

Eyes do have cones to sense colour, mostly what's in focus, and rods to just sense light, mostly in the peripheral vision. 6 million cones, 90 million rods. So about 2MP RGB, and 90MP black and white? Sort of. 

6 minutes ago, heimdali said:

No they do not.

They have rods and cones, and they are arranged with different densities, they have different sensitivity, and the signals they return are not like pixels where it is mapped and interpreted one-to-one.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 hours ago, TurbulentWinds said:

Dude, that is just straight up false. The human eye is remarkably complex and does not see "pixels." It has been proved that the human eye can see 240 FPS and further. I don't have the article link with be right now, but you can look up the study on jet pilots who were flashed an image of a plane and were asked to identify it.

It usually takes about 0.3 seconds to identify an image.

I didn´t say that you can see the pixels.  When you get to about 50fps, what you see appears fluid to the point where more fps won´t make any difference as to what you can see.

Why don´t you just look this up on wikipedia or the like?

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

No they do not.

They have rods and cones, and they are arranged with different densities, they have different sensitivity, and the signals they return are not like pixels where it is mapped and interpreted one-to-one.

And what are these rods and cones other than a kind of pixels?

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

Our eyes don't take samples, they perceive information continuously, so it doesn't have a "framerate". It's like asking what RPM an SSD operates at.

They actually don't, they fire neural signals when the minimum threshold is crossed, they do not send a continuous "stream of data" or anything like that.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

It usually takes about 0.3 seconds to identify an image.

I didn´t say that you can see the pixels.  When you get to about 50fps, what you see appears fluid to the point where more fps won´t make any difference as to what you can see.

Why don´t you just look this up on wikipedia or the like?

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/7199031187

This quotes the study I was talking about.

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

Just now, heimdali said:

And what are these rods and cones other than a kind of pixels?

Are you sure you know how the brain interprets the signals coming from the optical nerve?

It is not at all like pixels. It is more like a massive amount of pattern recognition, your brain does not interpret signals from each rod or cone individually like a GPU produces every pixel.

Spoiler

4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

When you get to about 50fps, what you see appears fluid to the point where more fps won´t make any difference as to what you can see.

pepole can obviously see the difference between 60 and 200 fps

My life

Just now, Enderman said:

They actually don't, they fire neural signals when the minimum threshold is crossed, they do not send a continuous "stream of data" or anything like that.

On the scale that we're concerned with, it's effectively continuous.

There was a TechQuickie video about this a while back....

also @heimdali, I can see the difference between 50 and 60 fps.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, Enderman said:

Are you sure you know how the brain interprets the signals coming from the optical nerve?

It is not at all like pixels. It is more like a massive amount of pattern recognition, your brain does not interpret signals from each rod or cone individually like a GPU produces every pixel.

I didn´t say anything about how anything is interpreted, only that these rods and cones are kinda like pixels.

I´ll take a look at the study and see what it says ...

2 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

There was a TechQuickie video about this a while back....

also @heimdali, I can see the difference between 50 and 60 fps.

Are you saying you can look at TFT or a CRT and tell me whether it shows 50 or 60fps?

I´m not saying there isn´t a difference which you can make use of when playing games, but that wasn´t the question.  Also, everyone is different, that´s why I said "about" 50fps.

Just now, heimdali said:

Are you saying you can look at TFT or a CRT and tell me whether it shows 50 or 60fps?

I´m not saying there isn´t a difference which you can make use of when playing games, but that wasn´t the question.  Also, everyone is different, that´s why I said "about" 50fps.

Not without a frame counter :P

Also I agree, I just wanted to point that out, it sounded to me like you said something different my bad

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

23 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Eyes do not see in frames

Actually they do however they are dynamic frames. You brain only updates what is moving but it does have a "frame rate". 

It's why you see motion blur. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

2 minutes ago, heimdali said:

I would say it depends. If there isn't any sort of adaptive sync or such like, the tearing on a 60 HZ monitor would be noticeable.

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750