Whats the framerate and resolution of your eys

13 hours ago, heimdali said:

Eyes kinda do have pixels.

How so? 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

7 hours ago, TurbulentWinds said:

Seen it before, it's wrong.  You can see one flash of an image from the dark but you can not perceive that many flashes simultaneously.  He has either taken his source out of context or he doesn't understand it's intent.  Please see my multiple previous links which explain all of this.

5 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

How so? 

Because the array of the retina has a hard limit in the number of points that can be stimulated by photons.

This is also known as visual acuity, it has been measured and re measured and constantly researched.  Using visual acuity research, the number of arc minutes you can perceive from a distance of 6M is observed.   This is also evidenced by comparing the eagles eyes (1Million rods and cones per mm2) to human eyes (200,000 Rods and cones per mm2).    

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

19 hours ago, Glenwing said:

Our eyes don't take samples, they perceive information continuously, so it doesn't have a "framerate". It's like asking what RPM an SSD operates at.

best answer

Just now, asus killer said:

best answer

Except it's not. Eye's can receive information constantly but they cannot convert that information to nerve impulses the same way.  They are by nature  primarily hamstrung to the biology of the rods and cones.   

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Except it's not. Eye's can receive information constantly but they cannot convert that information to nerve impulses the same way.  They are by nature  primarily hamstrung to the biology of the rods and cones.   

framerate is the rate a frame is created. I suppose in your world there is something rendering what you see??!!

framerate is the rate a frame is created. I suppose in your world there is something rendering what you see??!!

No, but there is a limitation to how many times my eye can react to photon stimuli.  This discussion is not about how an image is created but how the eye perceives it. 

1 minute ago, asus killer said:

Unfortunately, your rods and cones have to hit a threshold before they fire along their synapses. Once fired, they also have a cool-down before they can fire once more. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

3 minutes ago, mr moose said:

No, but there is a limitation to how many times my eye can react to photon stimuli.  This discussion is not about how an image is created but how the eye perceives it. 

eyes don't see in frames, like he said they see continuously. The world does not have framerates. The OP question was what's the eyes framerate.

have no idea about resolution, seems a weird question. never thought about.

yes don't see in frames, like he said they see continuously. The world does not have framerates. The OP question was what's the eyes framerate.

Something tells me you missed the crucial information here.  At what point do you define the eye as actually seeing anything?  Is it when the light hits the cornea, hits the retina or is converted to a nerve impulse?  Because while we have a constant stream of light in, the eye itself cannot deal with a constant stream, it has physical limitations, so in laymen's vernacular, it effectively sees in chunks and bits of those chunks at best.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Something tells me you missed the crucial information here.  At what point do you define the eye as actually seeing anything?  Is it when the light hits the cornea, hits the retina or is converted to a nerve impulse?  Because while we have a constant stream of light in, the eye itself cannot deal with a constant stream, it has physical limitations, so in laymen's vernacular, it effectively sees in chunks and bits of those chunks at best.

agree to disagree. I guess there is a confusion with the eye not being able to perceive more than 60fps, but that has nothing to do with the eye seeing in framerates or having a framerate. My 2 cents anyway.

The eyes have limitations of course, i agree.

5 minutes ago, asus killer said:

agree to disagree. I guess there is a confusion with the eye not being able to perceive more than 60fps, but that has nothing to do with the eye seeing in framerates or having a framerate. My 2 cents anyway.

The eyes have limitations of course, i agree.

I believe the confusion stems from way too many articles from gaming journalists. Journalists who don't know what they are talking about, but feel the need to sell an article to a community that wants to hear their PC is better than consoles. 

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

Seen it before, it's wrong.  You can see one flash of an image from the dark but you can not perceive that many flashes simultaneously.  He has either taken his source out of context or he doesn't understand it's intent.  Please see my multiple previous links which explain all of this.

Because the array of the retina has a hard limit in the number of points that can be stimulated by photons.

This is also known as visual acuity, it has been measured and re measured and constantly researched.  Using visual acuity research, the number of arc minutes you can perceive from a distance of 6M is observed.   This is also evidenced by comparing the eagles eyes (1Million rods and cones per mm2) to human eyes (200,000 Rods and cones per mm2).    

ORANGE SCREEN WINDOWS 10 VALUE OVER TIME - PC VS MAC

Spoiler

i5 7600k @ 5.0 GHz xD

Corsair H60 with Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard

EVGA 1050 Ti SC

16 GB Corsair DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

500 GB Sandisk 950 PRO - Windows 10, Elementary OS, Zorin OS

500 GB Sandisk 850 PRO

1 TB WD Blue

Corsair CX750

1 x Corsair AF120 Quiet Red Led

Rosewell Tyrfing Case

Spoiler

EliteBook 8570w
i7 3720QM @ 2.6 GHz
Quadro K1000M
24 GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz
250 GB SanDisk 850 EVO - Elementary OS, Windows 10, Debian

Spoiler

i5 3470 @ 3.2 GHz
EVGA 750 Ti SC
8 GB DDR3 @ 1333 MHz
240 GB SanDisk - Windows 10, Linux Mint

33 minutes ago, mr moose said:

I believe the confusion stems from way too many articles from gaming journalists. Journalists who don't know what they are talking about, but feel the need to sell an article to a community that wants to hear their PC is better than consoles. 

agree. But it's not a PC vs consoles thing. Nowadays it's usual for people to say shit, publish shit in the net and not just on the net. Politicians, journalists, wannabe scientists, quacks,... they say things that are just opinions as facts, or supposed facts that they like. But the 60fps stuck like crazy for a long time.

But most console games never pass 30fps anyway xD

15 hours ago, mr moose said:

Ironic.

See my above post and link to supporting evidence.

Define irony.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

3 hours ago, TurbulentWinds said:

So you haven't bothered to read any of the links I posted!

1 hour ago, Ashiella said:

Define irony.

Making a shit post while telling others you'd appreciate seeing less shit posts.

2 hours ago, asus killer said:

agree. But it's not a PC vs consoles thing. Nowadays it's usual for people to say shit, publish shit in the net and not just on the net. Politicians, journalists, wannabe scientists, quacks,... they say things that are just opinions as facts, or supposed facts that they like. But the 60fps stuck like crazy for a long time.

But most console games never pass 30fps anyway xD

no, but that's where most of this starts.     And tech journalists just don't understand what it is they are reporting.  Like the thousand frames a second thing,  Yes the nerve impulses operate fast enough to cater for image processing at that speed, however the eyes are not.  The visual processing system is more like having a $30K editing PC while using a 640x480 camera.

2 hours ago, Ashiella said:

Define irony.

The use of words expressing something other than their literal intention.

-Bender.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

19 hours ago, Shreyas1 said:

Anything that uses moving frames to make the appearance of a moving image is somewhat of an illusion 

The human eye cannot see more than 24 fps at 720 p

/s

Wow I must not be human

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

20 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

The use of words expressing something other than their literal intention.

-Bender.

I meant, just because he doesn't believe the same thing doesn't automatically make it irony.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Wow I must not be human

Course not, you're a crunchy dragon.

GRRRRRR.

Just now, Ashiella said:

I meant, just because he doesn't believe the same thing doesn't automatically make it irony.

3bf.gif.02dfb6d0030a63ce8bb6299ce5fff1b4.gif

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

GRRRRRR.

3bf.gif.02dfb6d0030a63ce8bb6299ce5fff1b4.gif

48787728_p0.png

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Ashiella said:

It's got nothing to do with belief, I posted evidence. It's fact.