Uodated - Want to progress in SW:BFII? You'd better be ready to spend money

Good thing is that there are two Battlefront 2 games with working multiplayer.

I'll play the better and cheaper one.

10 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

That's smart on their part, but getting mad at a game before it's release doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

You're looking at the situation backwards here...

This is a pre release so if anything EA will have loosened the requirements for the BETA in order to make progression seem easier than it actually will be in the final game.

This isn't the first time they've done it this way either, every single BF BETA EA have ever put has has been waaaaaay easier to progress in than the base game. I remember one of my friends achieving max level in the BF4 BETA in a single afternoon (think it was level 30) then when the full game came out in 3 days he was barely past level 10.

Don't expect EA to make this system fairer on release because thats never going to happen, it will either stay exactly how it is now or be made harder for players to progress. Remember we have no idea what odds system these loot boxes are working on for rewarding scrap so there's no accurate way to measure any changes in the system. Its entirely possible they make progression get more difficult as you get further through the game to the point where obtaining scrap is almost impossible without buying Gold Loot Boxes or some shit,

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

You're looking at the situation backwards here...

This is a pre release so if anything EA will have loosened the requirements for the BETA in order to make progression seem easier than it actually will be in the final game.

This isn't the first time they've done it this way either, every single BF BETA EA have ever put has has been waaaaaay easier to progress in than the base game. I remember one of my friends achieving max level in the BF4 BETA in a single afternoon (think it was level 30) then when the full game came out in 3 days he was barely past level 10.

Don't expect EA to make this system fairer on release because thats never going to happen, it will either stay exactly how it is now or be made harder for players to progress. Remember we have no idea what odds system these loot boxes are working on for rewarding scrap so there's no accurate way to measure any changes in the system. Its entirely possible they make progression get more difficult as you get further through the game to the point where obtaining scrap is almost impossible without buying Gold Loot Boxes or some shit,

Sounds like EA knows their audience and their audience are masochists. LoL.

-KuJoe

8 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Voicing your opinion is fine, but it won't do anything with a company like EA. Vote with your wallet, if a lot of people still purchase the game then they are telling EA they are fine with their business practices and thus EA won't care about the few people who aren't paying them.

A lot of people don't think about the money stuff or they are buying the game for their kids who'll just play it for a few months with their mates then move on to the next one.  EA will sell enough to make it worth their while, and as a lot of Pay to win games have shown us, there is no shortage of people willing to empty their wallets to be the best online.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

A lot of people don't think about the money stuff or they are buying the game for their kids who'll just play it for a few months with their mates then move on to the next one.  EA will sell enough to make it worth their while, and as a lot of Pay to win games have shown us, there is no shortage of people willing to empty their wallets to be the best online.

Exactly, and EA will not change their ways as long as they are still making money.

-KuJoe

10 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

If it wasn't already plenty obvious, that modern match based games with main focus on multiplayer can only go full competitive or pay to win.

By full competitive you look at MOBAs and CSGO where no pay to win element is tolerated and it all boils down to skill. These games are long lived and not meant to be superseded within 3+ years after release. 

The pay to win route is the only choice for EA if they don't charge us for DLC, because we all know the release cycle for Battlefield/Battlefront is 1-2 years and no one will be stupid enough to pay for just vanity items that lose relevance when the next game comes out. Also the # of players per match is too large for a competitive scene to develop. Imagine DOTA or CSGO with 32 players on each side, it would be a disaster if the aim was for high level competitive matches.

I'm not defending EA here. I hate the pay to win model to the core. If you have a better idea of how EA can rake in the $, I'm sure they will be all ears. BF4 was fixed. DICE LA exists.

The £55 price of the game isn't enough for them? I mean you make it sound like they're giving the game away for free and need to monetize to make anything but this is a full priced game, not a F2P game.

They already bumped the base price up from £45 for BF1 to £55 for SWBFII.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, huilun02 said:

Never was. I'm not part of EA but if you want to consider this a turn for the worse, remember that people had been asking them to do away with paid DLC and Premium. They got rid of the two evils. Now a new one takes its place. 

See my update, they bumped the base price up by £10 already compared to BF1. (Can't access the US Origin store so can't see the price in $)

Honest EA should be taking some notes from bloody Ubisoft outta all companies. Jesus Siege was a diamond in the rough, but after the devs listened to the fans and started taking notes " OH WELL GOLLY WE SHOULD PROBABLY PLEASE OUR FANBASE TO GET MORE FANS" now Siege of one if not best video games out to date for Ubisoft currently. Amazing what listening to the fanbase does for you.

Siege = Free operators, Maps, updates and improvements without having paywalls so all players can play with everyone and any operator they wish to play with enough grinding

Battlefront = DLC fest and apparently didn't listen to their fanbase.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

Now, this is basically why I'm going to wait for EA to add it to Origin Access in like 6 months.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

4 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Yes now imagine BF1 premium + all DLCs for a flat £10 upfront. Sounds too good to be true? It is...

That's a fair point however what they're doing is forcing everybody into the monetisation model rather than just those that wan't to pay more.

Buying a seasons pass was always optional, if you wanted it you bought it and if you didn't well, you didn't. With this system the progress restrictions affects all players and its like an underhanded way of forcing players to spend money that otherwise might not have done so.

Its very clever marketing but for the consumer its a very shitty business practice.

Expectorating Assholes strikes again!

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Honestly, until gamers (this goes for all consumers, but relevance) start complaining with their wallets, crap like this will continue to happen. These companies don't give a flying sh!t about opinions, they only care about the money in your wallet. So just stop purchasing these games.

Better yet, purchase STBF2 instead. The original. On the release day of this knockoff by EA. Now that would send a message to EA. 

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

No one is forced into paying extra in the new model. Yes the thousands of hours to unlock everything is unreasonable but for the first time we get the possibility of unlocking everything without paying extra. Previously people had been complaining about DLC-only maps dying off because a huge chunk of the playerbase that did not buy DLCs could not or had no incentive to play those maps. Premium made things worse as it put content behind a second hard paywall. With the new model there will be no more playerbase fragmentation.

So you're using a problem EA themselves created, over-priced DLC, as a justification to introduce a new problem? Do you seriously not realize EA is in full control of both situations and can change both if they wanted to?

Bottom line is EA doesn't thinks even their darling franchise Starwars is strong enough to justify an AAA release on it's own. So first they make the game less attractive with lack of content because they were too fucking cheap to actually create more of it. Now they have more content but they still think players who paid 60 fucking dollars do not deserve that much content, content we used to get for this price, less if adjusting for inflation because well, fuck you: Our game looks great and has lots of optimization and we spend a lot of cash on this blockbuster franchise so pay more.

This is akin to just defending a wife beater by saying "Well she just provokes him all of the time, if she would just shut up and do what she's told she wouldn't get beat up it's her own fault really".

Quit your victim blaming.

-------

Current Rig

-------

i'll just stick to Warframe, where the f2p model doesn't require days to find the material for a new weapon/frame, and when you know what you want, you're not stuck with RNG loot crates

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

I'm sticking with CS:GO. Probably done with Battlefield and EA as a whole.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Glad I quit recently video gaming except for a few LoL matches in the week. Not worth it anymore and I even sold my GPU.

I stopped playing since BF4, it had the same system just not as ridiculous as this, anything with loot crates and pay2win is uninstalled and forgotten from my life.

yay for this shit. how are the companies getting away with this shit? how are people still buying the games...

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

27 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yay for this shit. how are the companies getting away with this shit? how are people still buying the games...

blame the casual player for encouraging them by giving their money away regardless of how shitty the business model is

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

It just looks like another case of the acquisition of in-game items being accelerated if you’re prepared to spend money. I guess I don’t see the controversy: if you don’t want to spend money on those items, don’t spend it. If acquiring those items is then too slow for you, and you’re that concerned by this, you’re free to quit playing, or never play in the first place.

Im I the only one who played the older battle front games and miss that you only get 3 maps and non of the features. EA took out all the good game modes like galactic conquest. FAIL

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

2 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Am I the only one who played the older battle front games and miss that you only get 3 maps and non of the features. EA took out all the good game modes like galactic conquest. FAIL

You're definitely not

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

You're definitely not

Dont know why they didnt just build the old game in their engine and then add the new order battles to it. so bad.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

Dont know why they didnt just build the old game in their engine and then add the new order battles to it. so bad.

Because then people would complain that it's just a re skin and nothing new or original was truly added. 

(Not us, just people in general)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25