Intel’s RYZEN-KILLER - Core i7 8700K

It's Intel's turn to disrupt the mainstream market with SIX CORE Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs... But can they disrupt like Ryzen?

Buy a Core i5 8400:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/RuE9
On Newegg: http://geni.us/0pRPJB

Buy a Core i7 8700K:
On Amazon: TBD
On Newegg: http://geni.us/ZWEWVyc

Buy the ASUS PRIME Z370-A:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/2R6cB0
On Newegg: http://geni.us/TOCepv

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

WOO! MOAR POWER!!!!!1!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

I wonder why the 8700k performs worse than the 7700k in the single-threaded csgo graph even though it performs better in single-threaded cinebench. Anyway this will be the next beast CPU for gaming and streaming having more single-core performance than the i9s but enough cores to stream. 

Overclocked scores 8700k on all benchs vs stock ryzens. Why?

AMD fanbois: Ryzen is the new king and intel better be afraid

Intel:Guys here's our new top dog that's MSRP is cheaper and has two less cores

AMD fanbois:Thats cute but its still cant touch ry....

Intel:here are the benchmarks...*8700k crushes charts and i5 price to performance is through the roof*

AMD fanbois:...

Intel:....

AMD fanbois: Yeah well all that matters is Zen 2

Paper launch... It's going to be an interesting few weeks on the forums!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, Si3Rra_7 said:

I wonder why the 8700k performs worse than the 7700k in the single-threaded csgo graph even though it performs better in single-threaded cinebench. 

This is API/software related and should see improvements on the following updates hopefully... I don't want to get the i7 8700k to get worse gaming performance than an i7 7700k though... Gotta look this real close...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, 8KDPS said:

Overclocked scores 8700k on all benchs vs stock ryzens. Why?

Uh… No? Those are all stock scores. The OC scores were only compared directly against stock 8700K (and 7700K) scores.

1 minute ago, GabenJr said:

Uh… No? Those are all stock scores. The OC scores were only compared directly against stock 8700K (and 7700K) scores.

1500 cb stock? Golden chip from intel?.

untitled-11.png

37 minutes ago, GabenJr said:

It's Intel's turn to disrupt the mainstream market with SIX CORE Core i5 and Core i7 CPUs... But can they disrupt like Ryzen?

this video pretty much was A don't fuck with Intel to AMD becuase they pretty much shot back at everything and the I7 and I5 now 6 cores and I3 4 cores are really cool becuase they are better cores. ( Am going to stick with AMD thought becuase they maybe will fire back in a year.)

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

2 minutes ago, 8KDPS said:

-snip-

GN also got 1500 cb. I think Guru3D did something wrong maybe

8700k-cinebench-nt-production.png

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

GN also got 1500 cb. I think Guru3D did something wrong maybe

8700k-cinebench-nt-production.png

Something is wrong.

91880.png

can someone give me a ELI5 for the value gaming/productivity rating in the end? Especially how the numbers are generated?

Feels bad man, it won't be in stores in Norway before december

Specs

i9 9900K 5.1GHz 0 AVX offset

ASUS MAXIMUS APEX XI

Custom watercooling (360mm, 60mm thicc)

EVGA GTX1080 FTW DT

EVGA T2 1000W Platinum PSU

3200MHz G.Skill RGB B-die

Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Crucial MX300 1TB

15 minutes ago, 8KDPS said:

Those numbers don't really make sense to me, because they're only 35% higher rather than 50%+ in a workload that should scale pretty linearly (GamersNexus' numbers concur with ours). One thing we did do before testing was check with ASUS about an updated BIOS; I'm not sure what board Guru3D used (they just list "Z370"), but Anandtech lists a Gigabyte Z370 Gaming and GamersNexus mentions a Gigabyte Ultra Gaming Z370, so it seems we all used different motherboards or at least different firmware, which might account for the discrepancy. GamersNexus mentions that their Gigabyte board provides lower voltages than requested, so it may likely be that those boards are currently VRM throttling.

Real interesting.

Hoping Zen+ will be great because then it shows that we’re finally back in the era where both companies can compete well.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

41 minutes ago, Dogsparky said:

I seemed to have noticed on newegg is more expensive by about 40 dollars as of right now

Its because Paul's Hardware is the only channel that actually bothered to mentioned "Hey, the prices you see on screen are by the 1000 unit pricing, NOT off the shelf retail".... so to call the prices MSRP is misleading

Capture.PNG

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'm surprised how expensive the compatible motherboard are. Are there going to be cheaper options are aroun $100 for non-overclockers?

im still gonna buy AMD, mainly because they need the cash to stay competitive otherwise intel will keep on repeating their anti consumer practice.

Ahhhh...competition, I just love it! This is how we, the consumer, get better products and not get complacent companies re-branding/re-releasing old products.

0:50 Max's best day at work? Getting to damage work furniture in front of boss

Also why did they return to the set used during the office renovation in the former library?

I have read two article reviews of 8700k and watched two other videos and LTT is the only one who managed to have 8700k score worse in some games than 7700k ;-)

CPU: i7 6950X  |  Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ed. 10  |  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 3200 MHz (CL14)  |  GPUs: 2x Asus GTX 1080ti SLI 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1 TB M.2 NVME  |  PSU: In Win SIV 1065W 

Cooling: Custom LC 2 x 360mm EK Radiators | EK D5 Pump | EK 250 Reservoir | EK RVE10 Monoblock | EK GPU Blocks & Backplates | Alphacool Fittings & Connectors | Alphacool Glass Tubing

Case: In Win Tou 2.0  |  Display: Alienware AW3418DW  |  Sound: Woo Audio WA8 Eclipse + Focal Utopia Headphones