EVGA EPower V

NumLock21
7 minutes ago, Energycore said:

There's a heatsink over the high side but you can see the low side FETs in the photo. Maybe with a higher-res photo we could make out the part numbers for those.

I dont see any other mosfets and such high end VRM will almost certainly have integrated powerstages

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM

Just now, dave_k said:

I dont see any other mosfets and such high end VRM will almost certainly have integrated powerstages

What's under the heatsink and thermal pad then?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

3 minutes ago, Energycore said:

What's under the heatsink and thermal pad then?

Integrated powerstage

Thats a component that includes driver, highside mosfet and lowside mosfet in one case

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Where do you mount it though?

Solder it on or connect with wires (the jankier way)

Just now, dave_k said:

Solder it on or connect with wires (the jankier way)

They're both pretty janky xD

Just now, dave_k said:

Integrated powerstage

Thats a components that includes driver, highside mosfet and lowside mosfet in one case

What do you reckon are the chips on the other side of the inductors then?

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Just now, Energycore said:

What do you reckon are the chips on the other side of the inductors then?

Most likely capacitors

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

Soldering it is the intended way tho. Fat-ass short wires straight into the power input of the GPU is exactly how you should use it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

15 minutes ago, Energycore said:

That's like, more than 1100W that this VRM can handle, according to EVGA. Hot damn!

Until it can supply the Flux Capacitor with 1.21 GiggaWatts I shall not purchase.

On topic:

This could lead to impressive overclocks for Pascal, a similar design allowed Maxwell based cards to almost reach 2000Mhz on LN2/Helium. Given that Pascal can reach those frequencies on air I wonder what the limit is for Pascal.

Edited by ScratchCat
forgot LN2

10 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

Yeah. Raspberry Pi works too I think. 

Or just use this for EVBOT lol. 

Wouldn't mind getting one to experiment on a 660 I have laying around with. Would seem like a waste though. 

Gimme dat

You can reuse an EPOWER on a bunch of cards for benching. You'd at least want to be using chilled water or phase change on cards to buy this unless baller.

Just now, ScratchCat said:

Until it can supply the Flux Capacitor with 1.21 GiggaWatts I shall not purchase.

On topic:

This could lead to impressive overclocks for Pascal, a similar design allowed Maxwell based cards to almost reach 2000Mhz. Given that Pascal can reach those frequencies on air I wonder what the limit is for Pascal.

They'll need LN2 for that though for sure.

i'm interested in the overclocking in more power hungry cards on this thing - like Vega

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Kepler cards can overclock quite a bit if you push voltage through 'em IIRc

Eh. Reference PCB might explode since it's cooled by a blower. Things got hot at 1.3V. 

This + waterblock would be overkill but might let it go fast. Ultimate goal would be LN2 tho. Even if it's a 660 it's fun to experiment. 

1 minute ago, ScratchCat said:

On topic:

This could lead to impressive overclocks for Pascal, a similar design allowed Maxwell based cards to almost reach 2000Mhz. Given that Pascal can reach those frequencies on air I wonder what the limit is for Pascal.

Pascal in LN2 is hitting around 2.3GHz lows and 2.6GHz highs for 3D bench.

GPUPI is around 2.8GHz highs. But then again it's not 3D. So higher clocks are easier. Even normal cards can hit high clocks in it with non-extreme cooling solutions.

Fastest benched Maxwell card was one of the 980 Classifieds pulling 2.3GHz. Although that was with it's own Classified VRM. Classified VRM = EPOWER basically. I wouldn't be surprised if this card is just the 1080Ti KPE VRM now on one easy little card. 

1 minute ago, dexT said:

Gimme dat

You can reuse a EPOWER on a bunch of cards for benching. You'd at least want to be using chilled water or phase change on cards to buy this unless baller.

How much is that shipping from UK to US(?) tho. 

Chilled is next goal with PC cooling. Could *probably* daily it. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

They'll need LN2 for that though for sure.

i'm interested in the overclocking in more power hungry cards on this thing - like Vega

Buildzoid did OC the 1070 to such a high level it was basically matching decently overclocked 1080's and an epower is actually not required, a bunch of caps were enough actually.

And yes Ln2 would be required to utilize something like the epower properly.

In case you are wondering how a card would look like with an epower, it's something like this:

@dave_k buildzoid did kill is FE but he has an RX vega 64 so it's not exactly an issue it died :P

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Just now, samcool55 said:

@dave_k buildzoid did kill is FE but he has an RX vega 64 so it's not exactly an issue it died :P

But alza told him to not hardmod it 

Just now, dave_k said:

But alza told him to not hardmod it 

Ugh, that sucks. What's the point of sponsoring someone like buildzoid when he can't do something like that? D:

Just now, samcool55 said:

Ugh, that sucks. What's the point of sponsoring someone like buildzoid when he can't do something like that? D:

He did actually softcore undervolting video XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Just now, dave_k said:

He did actually softcore undervolting video XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Yeah because people asked and it's nice that he did that but seriously, pushing hardware to the limit is what he loves to do and with no hardmods that's really hard to do.

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

EVGA has introduced a standalone VRM power board for your graphic cards and motherboards. The board contains 12+2 phase and threee 6-pin pcie power connectors. Also has built in EVGA's EVBot MKII, for instant change voltage control.

Can orders yours today for a low price of just $249 dollars.

1bfUv4nDobvradhL.jpg

https://www.techpowerup.com/237133/evga-intros-epower-v-12-2-phase-extreme-power-vrm-board

https://www.evga.com/articles/01140/evga-epower-v/

FINALLY EVGA launches a product that wont be price jacked by miners!!!

17 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

How much is that shipping from UK to US(?) tho. 

Chilled is next goal with PC cooling. Could *probably* daily it. 

Not sure maybe £20 for a very small package?

If you can find a used phase change you'd be set. They double as chillers using a spare CPU block attached in the loop besides doing -45 on a single processor.

Any cooler you plug in the wall will raise your electric bill a fair bit.

1 hour ago, dave_k said:

Sadly buildzoid is not with us to see that.

If his Vega FE would've been alive, he would most likely buy that.

I would buy that to fix my Strix B350-F's VRMs lol

he would not buy this to use in the vega cards, their vrm is way too good

I'm happy to see evga is releasing enthusiast stuff like this. Most of their recent stuff has been good, but it never felt like it pushed the limits. The Epower lines and the SR2 board are such products, however 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

620 Amps @ 1.85 volts = 1147 watts of power. Damn.

For reference, a 9590 will do nearly 370 watts, and an overclocked 295x2 will draw 740 watts, which is 1,110 watts total.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I remember when last year or whatever, the took these things and added them to a R7 240 or some low-end card to OC the living crap out of it, lol

Edit:

OcUK-8Pack-Record-with-Radeon-R7-240-Cro

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Might be helpful for my colleague's build, which has 970 motherboard that can't keep a good temp on its VRMs due to the CPU installed

/s

I love seeing this really enthusiast PC stuff. So niche.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/