ESL Not Allowing Transgender CSGO Players Into Female Only Tournament

Go to solution Solved by Prysin,
On 08/05/2017 at 10:24 PM, bazookaman36 said:

Is this a right move for ESL? Or is this complete nonsense?

Update from ESL Partner:

Source: https://pvplive.net/c/csgo-players-barred-from-esl-tournament-transgender and http://www.anykey.org/esports-for-all-women/

Edit: As @Energycore has requested, I changed the title to "ESL not allowing transgender CSGO players into female only tournament" and I also added response from ESL's partner.

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS?!

This was a targeted troll attack on buzzfeed. It was staged. And the people who were "banned from entering" admitted it WAS A HOAX TO TRICK THE MEDIA.

You can read more about it HERE:

https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-buzzfeed-tricked-into-publishing-fake-news-story/

Yes yes, i know, Infowars... But atleast they would know to check their sources this time around, as they got hit by the same type of "attack"....

15 minutes ago, ThatGuyWhoTwirlsHisPen said:

If the "debate" about biological sex is filled with pedantic sophistry akin to asking "if a blind person can't see, do they have eyes?" then it's not any "debate" worth having.

I don't see your point. How  does this relate to the topic at hand? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

20 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Change the question, why wouldn't they? It's not because 1 thing is "broken" every sign of that human being male is gone... 

Depends where you draw the line, HOWEVER someone with XY and all male-genes deactivated isn't suddenly a female, right?

I mean why would you suddenly treat them differently? There's more to it than a bunch of genes. The way a male skeleton develops is differently from a female (hip width is one of the most visible ones and commonly used to identify the gender of a skeleton) so it's not because they "deactivate" everything when the guy is 15 or 20 years old the effect of the genes up to that point are gone. 

Genes make permanent changes to the human body that can't be undone. It's like converting a desktop into a laptop or the other way. You can end up doing a great job but the signs of what it used to be will be there and there's nothing you can do about it.

I honestly believe in the future people will look back at transgender genderfluid stuff and will think "geez people were really stupid back then".

It's just a matter of time until science comes out with undenyable proof changing the gender of a human is impossible.

I never said anything about genes deactivating at ages of 15-20. They are determined before birth. This isn't the question. 

The way the your skeleton, brain, hips etc developed are all linked to your genetic makeup. The shape of the chromosome itself doesn't affect that. 

Things like the SRY gene are typically found on the Y chromosome, but can be absent due to abnormalities. A person with XY and absent/deactivated SRY in female in every aspect. They have female genitals,  produce high levels of estrogen, have the same bodily makeup as any other female. This at birth mind you, not after surgery. 

I'm not arguing for transgender people here, just saying that the whole XY/XX as sole determining factor of sex is flawed. 

And to be clear, i wasn't giving the above examples as truths.  They are just examples of questions that can be  asked. Of course a sterile male still qualifies as male. The question itself is redundant, but just an example of how you push some ideas. 

And to be clear, i don't mean "deactivated", as in tampered with after birth. Just that the gene is present on the DNA strand, but doesn't express its traits. 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."

-Orwell

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

Late to party here but what the what? Why are there even gender specific video game tournaments at all? I get it when it's something quite physical where men do potentially have a genetic advantage, but I can't understand why this would even be a thing. And of course that point aside, if the person is fully transitioned and by all means other than they used to be male considered a female, I see no issue other than prejudice.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Of course, it's the right thing. Just because you think you're a woman doesn't make you one. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

5 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

Late to party here but what the what? Why are there even gender specific video game tournaments at all? I get it when it's something quite physical where men do potentially have a genetic advantage, but I can't understand why this would even be a thing. And of course that point aside, if the person is fully transitioned and by all means other than they used to be male considered a female, I see no issue other than prejudice.

1 hour ago, matrix07012 said:

There is no male only league. There is a main league which is for everybody and than there is a female only league. The reason the main league is male dominated is that more men play shooters and men have faster response times.

Spoiler

Quiet Whirl | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Mobo: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX RAM: HyperX Fury RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200 Mhz Graphics card: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER GAMING X TRIO PSU: Corsair RMx Series RM550x Case: Be quiet! Pure Base 600

Buffed HPHP ProBook 430 G4 | CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U RAM: 4GB DDR4 2133Mhz GPU: Intel HD 620 SSD: Some 128GB M.2 SATA

Retired:

Melting plastic | Lenovo IdeaPad Z580 | CPU: Intel Core i7-3630QM RAM: 8GB DDR3 GPU: nVidia GeForce GTX 640M HDD: Western Digital 1TB

The Roaring Beast | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690 (BCLK @ 104MHz = 4,05GHz) Cooler: Akasa X3 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H RAM: Kingston 16GB DDR3 (2x8GB) Graphics card: Gigabyte GTX 970 4GB (Core: +130MHz, Mem: +230MHz) SSHD: Seagate 1TB SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB HHD: WD Red 4TB PSU: Fractal Design Essence 500W Case: Zalman Z11 Plus

30 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

It's not solely a genetic issue, it includes nature/nurture, psychology and physiology. Psychology is the hardest to accept or deny. Is this person truly transgender? Remember that these guys play for a lot of money and if entering a weaker division means a higher chance to succeed, would there be an ulterior motive?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Imo if they are f2m transgender, sure they should be allowed in this tourney. If they are m2f, then well on a biological level within DNA no amount of hormones or body modification can change that and should be barred. That being said for the few people who have DNA of both genders, I say that they should be able to choose. 

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

18 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

I think the bigger issue here isn't the political correctness of the decision, but the player's ability to abuse the ruling had it been allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't e-sports players compete for a purse like in tennis?

In the big tournaments, yes. There's millions of dollars at stake in the huge League and DOTA tournaments

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

Well after reading all of that I'd like to say it was pretty interesting for the most part but also pretty cringeworthy at times.

I am no expert on any of it (like most of you), I am but a simple human male, who can and will give his opinion. Be advised. :P

I agree with the decision, I think sex is how you were born. Be it XX, XY, or XY with the SRY gene disabled; what your body gives you at birth is your SEX (exceptions exist XXY, but they are that, exceptions). I can understand that gender is a social construct, so maybe recanting the decision is fine because it may encourage more women to play, as is the objective of that sex-specific league.

BUT, it is clear that some trans people definitely have huge advantages after transitioning in things like sports: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2017/03/22/transgender-woman-wins-international-weightlifting-title-amid-controversy-over-fairness/?utm_term=.726aa4bd80cb

I have always been pro e-sports considered sports, so why should it be any different. All the arguments saying it requires much of the same as a traditional sport should also apply when considering sex.

https://www.theguardian.com/observer/osm/story/0,,543962,00.html

I also agree that there are certain social... lets call them, tendencies, that would set statistical margins in favor of one or the other sex, i.e. early adoption to vidyagames in favor of men, and therefore reaction times etc.. To know if it is deeply rooted in our genes we'd have to test a significant amount of people against each other, falling in categories like having the same jobs, (required skills), background (upbringing), etc.....

So those were all the interesting bits, all the rest I care not to comment on.

Have a wonderful day!

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

There are undeniable physical differences between male and female humans. Some of these don't go away with a "sex change" operation and hormone treatments.

Wether in videogames these make a difference or not is up for debate - but I doubt the idea behind a female only tournament is to get those who consider themselves female to play against each other, at that point why run a dedicated tournament at all? someone clearly thought there was some physical disadvantage for women compared to men which warranted a separation.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Is not it obvious that there are protracted sexual organs so .... and if there are internal so ...???

As someone whos trans, I wish the community stopped fucking whining about everything. You're not privileged, stop asking for special treatment and people wont be fucking pissed at us. Shit like this should look at /sex/ not gender. 

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

why is this topic so highly controversial 

1 hour ago, Clanscorpia said:

As someone whos trans, I wish the community stopped fucking whining about everything. You're not privileged, stop asking for special treatment and people wont be fucking pissed at us. Shit like this should look at /sex/ not gender. 

It would not surprise me if a lot of "special" groups just pretend to be victims all the time to ride the wave of special treatment.  If I were transgender I'd probably want a special category too to have an edge, because why not.

I work in the tech sector, women right now are a "hot commodity".  Privately they will all say "yeah it's complete bullshit that I'm being treated like I need a handout, and it makes everyone think I didn't really earn anything I get".  Publicly they never say that because what woman is going to turn down a promotion regardless if it's only because she has a vagina?

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

I see the point on physical sports but do we have conclusive studies that show males have an inherit advantage in hand/eye coordination? If it's a cultural advantage or whatever else then no it shouldn't count. What research I've seen seems to point at the fact that females would have an advantage over a pre-transition transsexual just like they do over males.

Bringing LTT videos into this (I'm sure they'll love to be mixed into this flame pit of a thread lol) I remember their Cherry MX tour and how most of the factory workers that need detail are female. The "sweatshop" stereotype is also there for a reason with females and children being inherently more apt at fine motor hand/eye coordination tasks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I see the point on physical sports but do we have conclusive studies that show males have an inherit advantage in hand/eye coordination? If it's a cultural advantage or whatever else then no it shouldn't count. What research I've seen seems to point at the fact that females would have an advantage over a pre-transition transsexual just like they do over males.

Bringing LTT videos into this (I'm sure they'll love to be mixed into this flame pit of a thread lol) I remember their Cherry MX tour and how most of the factory workers that need detail are female. The "sweatshop" stereotype is also there for a reason with females and children being inherently more apt at fine motor hand/eye coordination tasks.

It is proven that men have better mental spatial positioning than women do.  Practical translation: it's why men are better at parallel parking, we can mentally visualize the space and the car on average better than the opposite sex.

Still, what's the point of having a competition if it isn't fair to *all* participants.  Some men are born with shitty hand eye coordination, should they get a special competition too?

Workstation:  14700nonK || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 13700K @ Stock || MSI Z690 DDR4 || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 RTX Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Not sure if this topic is related, but if this article I'm linking is one in the same as this thread's story I think it says a lot about modern day Journalism and victim/outrage culture:

https://www.louderwithcrowder.com/buzzfeed-transgender-trolled/

CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.7 GHz

GPU: XFX GTS RX580 4GB

Cooling: Corsair h100i

Mobo: Asus z97-A 

RAM: 4x8 GB 1600 MHz Corsair Vengence

PSU: Corsair HX850

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Tempered glass edition

Display: LG 29UM68-P

Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK FX RGB

Mouse: Logitech g900 Chaos Spectrum

Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX

7 minutes ago, AnonymousGuy said:

It is proven that men have better mental spatial positioning than women do.  Practical translation: it's why men are better at parallel parking, we can mentally visualize the space and the car on average better than the opposite sex.

Still, what's the point of having a competition if it isn't fair to *all* participants.  Some men are born with shitty hand eye coordination, should they get a special competition too?

That can be proven but it's hardly relevant to a videogame that's basically 2D. Maybe future VR e-sports.

As to your second statement the point of sports is that they divide people in categories to be more fair to all of them. This isn't even related to being a male or female but even just different weight categories among boxers and fighters because we recognize there's an inherit disparity between fighters of different weight levels.

-------

Current Rig

-------

22 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Thats why theres the main league where they dont care if you are male or female, its just the best teams win. Only woman have their own tourney

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

http://compete.kotaku.com/league-revising-rules-after-trans-players-get-rejected-1795017693

This story seems to have been based on a hoax designed to get BuzzFeed and, by extension, other sites to publish an inaccurate news article. Sly Buehl Rigilio is quoted in a new article on Infowars saying that he and his friends posed as trans women to trick BuzzFeed “for the laughs.”

It's a hoax.

5 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh, I thought it was a different one I read about lol

Spoiler

AXIOM

There are only two genders, and you can only play in your respective biological gender team.

My question is why is there a male and female league? In E-sports your gender doesn't matter whatsoever.