ESL Not Allowing Transgender CSGO Players Into Female Only Tournament

Go to solution Solved by Prysin,
On 08/05/2017 at 10:24 PM, bazookaman36 said:

Is this a right move for ESL? Or is this complete nonsense?

Update from ESL Partner:

Source: https://pvplive.net/c/csgo-players-barred-from-esl-tournament-transgender and http://www.anykey.org/esports-for-all-women/

Edit: As @Energycore has requested, I changed the title to "ESL not allowing transgender CSGO players into female only tournament" and I also added response from ESL's partner.

CAN YOU PLEASE STOP SPREADING FAKE NEWS?!

This was a targeted troll attack on buzzfeed. It was staged. And the people who were "banned from entering" admitted it WAS A HOAX TO TRICK THE MEDIA.

You can read more about it HERE:

https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-buzzfeed-tricked-into-publishing-fake-news-story/

Yes yes, i know, Infowars... But atleast they would know to check their sources this time around, as they got hit by the same type of "attack"....

This is fake news. Sorry for the inconvenience this article has caused.

To read more, please go to this article from Info Wars: https://www.infowars.com/exclusive-buzzfeed-tricked-into-publishing-fake-news-story/

A group of online comedians who plotted to fool BuzzFeed into posting a completely fake news story were successful after the “social news and entertainment company” published hoax claims that the group had been denied entry to an all female video game tournament because they were transgender.

A team of transgender Counter-Strike: Global Offensive players were barred from entering an online female-only tournament and were told by ESL they could be penalized for faking their gender.

Is this a right move for ESL? Or is this complete nonsense?

Update from ESL Partner:

Regardless of what it says on your passport or ID, or what judgements people may want to make about who they think you are, at AnyKey we believe in a policy of “you are who you say you are.” This means that anyone who self-identifies and lives as a woman should be able to participate in any women-only tournament.

Source: https://pvplive.net/c/csgo-players-barred-from-esl-tournament-transgender and http://www.anykey.org/esports-for-all-women/

Edit: As @Energycore has requested, I changed the title to "ESL not allowing transgender CSGO players into female only tournament" and I also added response from ESL's partner.

Just now, zMeul said:

why is this news?!

idk

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

why is this tech news?!

Because it's related to tech, and it is news.

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

This is totally stupid IMHO. They changed the gender and are a new personality now. You can't fake it or change every other day like you feel.

They shuld be allowed to attend every match like every other peson with the same sex.

Allways the phobias against homosexual, transsexual and other kindes of "not so mainstream" persons. Just sad.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

I say we just start taking DNA samples. XY = Male, XX = Female, and BAMF = Apache helicopter or John Wick. 

Spoiler

I'm completely serious, except for the last one.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Is the ESL arguing that the players that are biologically male have some sort of advantage? There is a similar debate in combat sports, where trans-gendered athletes are having to compete in their biological sex's division. But there is some reason to this, as there are genetic differences in bone structure, bone density, angle of the hips (relates to kicking power), etc. I say all this to ask this question: Is there a biological advantage to being a genetic male in competitive gaming? I don't see one, but perhaps someone else knows if there is indeed one. Its the only logical reason for not allowing trans-gender competitors in a "All Female" video game tournament.

9 minutes ago, Stevoisboss said:

It doesn't matter if you cut off your dick or not. You are still a guy regardless of what you do to your body or what you identify as. 

Actually they feel like a girl regardless of what's betwwen theier legs (or the other way around).

Also I don't feel like arguing, and personally I don't like to do it myself eigther. But I think people should be allowed to plan and change theier life as they like as long as they don't hurt anybody else. And they cleary don't, so it's fine.

Have you ever met a transgender person? By some of them you can't tell they where ever the other sex.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

Just now, Stefan1024 said:

Actually they feel like a girl regardless of what's betwwen theier legs (or the other way around).

Also I don't feel like arguing, and personally I don't like to do it myself eigther. But I think people should be allowed to plan and change theier life as they like as long as they don't hurt anybody else. And they cleary don't, so it's fine.

Have you ever met a gransgender person? By some of them you can't tell they where ever the other sex.

It doesn't matter what they feel. Facts are facts. If they want to pretend to be the opposite sex that is fine; other people don't have to pretend too. I know they can't help it and I have nothing against those people and I don't mean that in an offensive way. That doesn't change the fact that they are male or female though. 

Unsure what power supply to pick?

Check out my HTPC build.

Quote me/others so we can help you

Comic sans is the best font

I don't see why it makes a difference? eSports are the only sport where there is no gender difference in capability. 

Also, if you have a penis you are male. If you have a vagina, you are female. Doesn't matter if you were born with it, or not. 

They probably werent going to start hugging and kissing each other while playing the damn game, so i see no reason why they couldnt be allowed in!

Groomlake Authority

Unless hormones affect the developmental reaction time to the point of being the same as the gender you identify as, then you should be in the same category as your biological gender. Sorry not sorry. Men have a better reaction time than women so a man should not be in the same league as a woman.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

5 minutes ago, TacticlTwinkie said:

But there is some reason to this, as there are genetic differences in bone structure, bone density, angle of the hips (relates to kicking power), etc. I say all this to ask this question: Is there a biological advantage to being a genetic male in competitive gaming?

Testosterone, in the medical setting, is known as the "grow all" hormone. It is because of testosterone that men grow larger muscles, stronger bones, have more blood cells, hemoglobins and myoglobins. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 

11 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Apache helicopter

What is with you and apache helicopter obsession? Unless apache helicopter is one of your personalities in which case I apologize. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Just now, Hunter259 said:

-snip-

Well... that heavily depends on the "man" we are talking about. I dont think i am turtle slow, but im not jackrabbit quick either.

Groomlake Authority

Just now, Stevoisboss said:

It doesn't matter what they feel. Facts are facts. If they want to pretend to be the opposite sex that is fine; other people don't have to pretend too. I know they can't help it and I have nothing against those people and I don't mean that in an offensive way. That doesn't change the fact that they are male or female though. 

That's exactly why they use hormons and chirurgie. Until we can transplat brains that's all they can do. But I get what you are saying and I can understand you pint of view.

Just now, Bouzoo said:

What is with you and apache helicopter obsession? Unless apache helicopter it's one of your personalities in which case I apologize. 

Apache Helicopter is the meme, but I prefer John Wick as a gender option. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well... that heavily depends on the "man" we are talking about. I dont think i am turtle slow, but im not jackrabbit quick either.

Why are you throwing other animals into this? We are talking about humans. Men have better reaction times on average. End of story.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Just now, Hunter259 said:

-snip-

Because i think women and man are the same thing :/...

If its not a universal truth, then its just not true.

Groomlake Authority

2 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

Have you ever met a gransgender person? By some of them you can't tell they where ever the other sex.

I don't think anyone is arguing against the psychology behind it; rather it's the biology. No matter your sexuality, identity or whatever else: you either have XX chromosomes or XY chromosomes. As much as modern society is shifting towards everything being on a scale or being fluid; the fact is that biology is very binary in that scenario. It changes a lot of things including the body that's why it's controversial in sports as often male-to-female athletes have a huge advantage over their supposed female peers.

If I recall correctly males have an advantage in reaction time and possibly other factors that might impact esports but have no source to back that up.

21 minutes ago, Stefan1024 said:

This is totally stupid IMHO. They changed the gender and are a new personality now. You can't fake it or change every other day like you feel.

They shuld be allowed to attend every match like every other peson with the same sex.

Allways the phobias against homosexual, transsexual and other kindes of "not so mainstream" persons. Just sad.

not saying there arent people like that but there probably is people who do pretend and try to take advantage of situations 

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

Just now, VerticalDiscussions said:

Because i think women and man are the same thing :/...

If its not a universal truth, then its just not true.

But they aren't the same.... Bodies develop differently. Brains especially. 

6 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

I say we just start taking DNA samples. XY = Male, XX = Female, and BAMF = Apache helicopter or John Wick. 

Reveal hidden contents

I'm completely serious, except for the last one.

that does not work since we have intersex people. and intersex people are the living proof that transgender people can exist regardless of dna since intersex people often identify with either male or female, while a small portion(still pretty big, around 25% i think) just identifies as intersex. intersex completely defies the binary gender and sexes system. i will agree that the sexes system is pretty limited because we can base it directly on DNA and phenotype, while gender is way more loose in this regard simply because of its societal use.

Just now, ARikozuM said:

Testosterone, in the medical setting, is known as the "grow all" hormone. It is because of testosterone that men grow larger muscles, stronger bones, have more blood cells, hemoglobins and myoglobins. 

Yes, exactly. Someone who grew up as a biological male, and transitioned at, say, age 20, would have and 20 years of testosterone level much higher than a biological female. That would fundamentally change the way the body was formed as that individual was growing up. It would give a huge advantage in combat sports, and most other sports as well. 

The best solution to this in my mind, is to have an "open" division, in addition to the standard male and female divisions. Its a division where gender isn't an issue, just weight classes.