Bioware Listening to the Community, Vows to Fix ME:Andromeda

MEC-777
8 hours ago, Tocsin_786 said:

The day I found out they were bending, I checked mine. It still didn't bend. But I only play it a few hours every Sunday. So maybe its because I don't play mine as much. I'll let you know if mine does. 

Good for you man. I was wondering how widespread that problem was and what was happening with nintendo on thr QC side.

1 hour ago, JuNex03 said:

Wow this is like day and night

Judging by this as well as the comparison screenshot I took below the main problems have as much to do with the lighting model on the face and eye rendering as the animations. Badly rendered eyes look creepy send you straight to the uncanny valley

33877680135_d7bdf2921a_o.png

56 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Judging by this as well as the comparison screenshot I took below the main problems have as much to do with the lighting model on the face and eye rendering as the animations. Badly rendered eyes look creepy send you straight to the uncanny valley

33877680135_d7bdf2921a_o.png

It's like the model's faces are stuck on low quality, regardless of the graphics settings. I mean if there's a checkbox on graphics menu to "Render Emotions(lol)" it will remain unchecked

4 hours ago, JuNex03 said:

It's like the model's faces are stuck on low quality, regardless of the graphics settings. I mean if there's a checkbox on graphics menu to "Render Emotions(lol)" it will remain unchecked

That's not the only issue. They have two Asari models, Peebee and everyone else. So everyone other than your Asari companion looks the fucking same, the only difference being the texture map of their skin. Same with the Salarians.

It's a fucking joke.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

I don't get why Bioware employed people without qualification. No wonder the animations suck

18 hours ago, Ostwind said:

Duke Nukem Forever

that wasnt delayed. it was canceled multiple times.

• Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

what does that mean exactly? 

5 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I don't get why Bioware employed people without qualification. No wonder the animations suck

They didn't. They simply released the game in a somewhat unfinished state. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

They didn't. They simply released the game in a somewhat unfinished state. 

--- This post was total garbage, ignore it. --- I did delete the garbage ;)

38 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Allie Rose-Marie Leost is according to her own statement the lead facial animator and her only qualification is that she is a cosplayer. Bioware now denied that she was the lead animator after the community attacked her but something is clearly wrong here.

So no the problem wasn´t the unfinished state alone.

I wasn't aware of that. Hard to know what is actually true though. She said, they said, what's the reality? We don't know. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

8 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I wasn't aware of that. Hard to know what is actually true though. She said, they said, what's the reality? We don't know. 

Sorry, but I tried to find the source because I only have read that second hand. I found out that is it not true at all. Ignore my statement above as total garbage and accept my apology for wasting your time :(

3 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Sorry, but I tried to find the source because I only have read that second hand. I found out that is it not true at all. Ignore my statement above as total garbage and accept my apology for wasting your time :(

No worries, at least you were honest. ;) 

Regardless, there was some kind of breakdown in communication or lack of quality control/testing in the animation department, to release the game in the state it was in. I think that, we can both agree on. :) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Ashaira said:

that wasnt delayed. it was canceled multiple times.

DNF wasn't really cancelled, but 3DR ran out of funds to develop the game, and so they sold the IP to Gearbox. DNF was delayed many times, with its original release date expected to be 1997 or 1998.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Gonna be hard to fix the shit story and the shit acting.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I'm so fucking sick of this "release it now, fix it later" mentality most developers have nowadays. It's bullshit, how about you just release it when it's actually finished? People shouldn't have to wait for a game to get "fixed" after they already paid for it. We aren't paying you to be your bug testers, so hire some real fucking bug testers and quit being scumbags.

This kind of shit alongside other cancer like micro transactions and day one paid DLC really drives me up a wall. The video game industry just sickens me more and more, I just wonder how much longer they'll will get away with it. There's not enough backlash, so they'll probably always get away with it, hell, it's just gonna get worse and worse. The real part that baffles me though is the fact that lots of people actually defend these companies and make excuses for them. To these people, YOU are part of the problem.

Sigh.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

Too bad they cant patch the stale, uninspired writing and story. 

Or patch the horrid dialog choices you're left with in many trees. Its never felt like my character was actually my own, just that they were some kind of cod'esque cookie cutter mc. The removal of the paragon/renegade system has only hurt the game... which makes me so... so sad. 

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

1.05 helped a lot of things (like being stuck on respawns) but even after that, I still encountered a humorous issue when I was in the vault on Elaaden and died (PS4).  When I respawned, I was in the nomad...while on a ledge in the vault.  Fully functional nomad.  I got out, completed the vault, and exited to find that it still thought the Nomad was in the vault, so I had to fast travel.

6 hours ago, 2Buck said:

I'm so fucking sick of this "release it now, fix it later" mentality most developers have nowadays. It's bullshit, how about you just release it when it's actually finished? People shouldn't have to wait for a game to get "fixed" after they already paid for it. We aren't paying you to be your bug testers, so hire some real fucking bug testers and quit being scumbags.

This kind of shit alongside other cancer like micro transactions and day one paid DLC really drives me up a wall. The video game industry just sickens me more and more, I just wonder how much longer they'll will get away with it. There's not enough backlash, so they'll probably always get away with it, hell, it's just gonna get worse and worse. The real part that baffles me though is the fact that lots of people actually defend these companies and make excuses for them. To these people, YOU are part of the problem.

Sigh.

As it happens, my Mum has commissioned me to build a Windows 98/MS DOS rig so that my young siblings can be shown how entertaining older games are compared to newer ones (that and she has a lot of nostalgia for the games she used to play on her old 286 and 486). finding a power supply that has a strong 3.3V and 5V rail is a PITA though since they all seem to be utter shit or have a low wattage.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

1 hour ago, Dabombinable said:

As it happens, my Mum has commissioned me to build a Windows 98/MS DOS rig so that my young siblings can be shown how entertaining older games are compared to newer ones (that and she has a lot of nostalgia for the games she used to play on her old 286 and 486). finding a power supply that has a strong 3.3V and 5V rail is a PITA though since they all seem to be utter shit or have a low wattage.

why not just virtualize it on a modern rig?

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

why not just virtualize it on a modern rig?

1. I have the parts for a variety of rigs dating from 1992-2001

2. A soundcard with a gameport is needed

3. The motherboards still suffer from the capacitor plague due to lack of use, so I'm at the same time replacing capacitors as they fail with use (supposedly the last of the bad caps should have failed by 2007...if they had been under normal use).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

11 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Sigh.

Bioware's upper management is the problem. The lowly "devs" here wants to fix this shit just like anyone else. 

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case