Bioware Listening to the Community, Vows to Fix ME:Andromeda

MEC-777

After a controversial launch of the massively-anticipated game; Mass Effect: Andromeda, Bioware has basically come forward to say they acknowledge the game has issues and are looking to community feedback to address said issues. 

6ef0c1b49d4f.jpg

Already slated for release is update v1.05 due later this week to take care of a number of problems:

Miscellaneous bug fixes:

• Fixed an issue with Ryder's movements when running in a zig zag pattern
  • Fixed various collision issues
  • Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn't play or wasn't correct
  • Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn't firing on UNCs
  • Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times
  • Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save
  • Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose
  • Fixes issues related to some saves
  • Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer
  • Streaming and stability improvements

And game system and mechanics improvements:

• Improved tutorial placement
  • Increased inventory limits
  • Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression
  • Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)
  • Improved matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
  • Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map
  • Decreased the cost of remnant decryption keys and made them more accessible at merchants
  • Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs
  • Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO
  • Improved the appearance of eyes for human and asari characters

Source: https://www.techpowerup.com/232125/bioware-commits-to-mass-effect-andromeda-support-will-act-on-feedback

Many of these issues should have been fixed for day one, but at least they are acknowledging and making an effort to patch things up. I haven't really run into any of these issues yet, but I'm only a dozen or so hours into the game, so still quite early (Just met Peebee).  While I'm very much enjoying the game so far and pretty sure I'll enjoy the rest of it, faults and all, it is a little frustrating and disappointing to see unfinished aspects of the game make it through on release. As many have said and agree; just push the launch day back. If it's pushed back for the sole purpose of properly completing the game before release, then most people won't mind waiting longer (like with GTA5). 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

its kinda a hard decision game devs have to make, piss people off by not having a full fledged game, or piss people off by moving the launch date back.

Very impressive looking patch notes... Considering how little time has passed.

Glad I haven't really started yet, gonna wait until this and one maybe more patch comes out... Hard to wait though, I had a blast with ME3.

Doing a review of this game right now. Glad they are doing an update. My biggest beef is with the facial animations (Which I will harp on in my review). Most of the human characters are pretty bland, and the aliens by contrast look amazing. However if you mess with any of the facial structure on the character creation screen then you get these really weird muscle changes and expressions in the character when they are talking. It looks like they are trying to express 10 different emotions in 3 seconds, which doesn't match with what they are talking about.

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

2 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Hard to wait though, I had a blast with ME3.

Did you had red, green or blue blast with it? ;)

I will wait till they repair everything... no rush, I still need to finish Witcher 3 ... lol.

Improve the animations and get better voice acting are at the top of my list of issues :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

So the game might be somewhat playable in a couple of months? Well guess I will wait until then. And a nice price cut, because frack EA's AAA prices.

Oh and can they patch out the tranny? When you fly 600 years across the universe to REPOPULATE a new homeworld, you don't bring a fracking tranny with you. Frack I hate identity politics!

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

I want to see better Ryder customisation. Its lacking in the amount of variables you can adjust. My Ryder has an under-bite I cant get rid of! LOL

2 minutes ago, Notional said:

So the game might be somewhat playable in a couple of months? Well guess I will wait until then. And a nice price cut, because frack EA's AAA prices.

Oh and can they patch out the tranny? When you fly 600 years across the universe to REPOPULATE a new homeworld, you don't bring a fracking tranny with you. Frack I hate identity politics!

Ha, you use fracking to conceal the f word yet you use a derogatory term freely. Nice.

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

Ha, you use fracking to conceal the f word yet you use a derogatory term freely. Nice.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have used the word EA. I know it triggers people.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Notional said:

I'm sorry, I shouldn't have used the word EA. I know it triggers people.

Seems you got triggered first there. Nice.

11 minutes ago, WereCat said:

Did you had red, green or blue blast with it? ;)

can't remember. i tried a couple of different endings. it was after the extended cut patch. But anyway for me it's about the journey...

I thought ME1 was the weakest entry in the series due to the number of copy/paste worlds and gunplay did not feel good. The quality dropped off the moment you stepped away from the core missions...

That's great to hear. Don't have issues with the game.

But ME:A aside.
I just hope we're going to see a games released that simply doesn't have many issues at launch and just plain works great too. Hopefully companies realize that it's sad when some game is released in such state.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I doubt the patch will include redone animations and voice lines, sorry Bio but the memes will keep rolling.

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Alexzz_ said:

its kinda a hard decision game devs have to make, piss people off by not having a full fledged game, or piss people off by moving the launch date back.

Always move the launch date back.

And not hire people who do shitty jobs

13 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

That's great to hear. Don't have issues with the game.

But ME:A aside.
I just hope we're going to see a games released that simply doesn't have many issues at launch and just plain works great too. Hopefully companies realize that it's sad when some game is released in such state.

and think about the employees... You work your ass off for 5 years to create something and then have everybody criticize you because the last 10% of polish was neglected due to time pressure from management or publishers.

game looks very compelling though, think I am gonna have fun losing myself in this.

1 minute ago, Humbug said:

and think about the employees... You work your ass off for 5 years to create something and then have everybody criticize you because the last 10% of polish was neglected due to time pressure from management or publishers.

Yeah exactly, forgot to mention that. Talented people get neglected in a way cause of shit like that.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, Notional said:

For an ignorant american, what is a tranny?

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

Before you all go "praise Bioware for listening" think about this: how about, next time they or any other game dev releases a game in such a broken state, we dig them so deep in the ground they'll pop out from the other side of the planet and keep doing that for every millisecond the game's out in the horrible mess that it is in? Rather than 2 days worth of complaining and then silently moving on: no no and no. You pay them way too much money for a game you expect a top-notch product in at least the technical sense. Not the horrific bullshit that was ME:A.

Ye ole' train

1 hour ago, Alexzz_ said:

Moving the launch date back is definitely the better choice. People can just suck it up and wait longer. Society needs to learn to be less demanding and self-entitled. It's a video game. ;) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

1 hour ago, Humbug said:

I thought ME1 was the weakest entry in the series due to the number of copy/paste worlds and gunplay did not feel good. The quality dropped off the moment you stepped away from the core missions...

It had Dragon Age 2 syndrome. Never forget those 3 locations that made 90% of the game.

I suppose I'll wait for summer sale for Andromeda.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Based on what I've played of the game so far, I can tell already I'm going to really enjoy just taking my time, exploring this new universe. It looks great and runs smooth. I'm happy. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, mrzoltowski said:

I want to see better Ryder customisation. Its lacking in the amount of variables you can adjust. My Ryder has an under-bite I cant get rid of! LOL

The charakter creation is terrible. ME:A and Dragon Age Inquisition are both based on the frostbite engine, but in DO:I the creation is great.

With the jacket i got her to somehow look acceptable but it's still a shame.

That said, the game is fine and a lot of fun.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil