Bioware Listening to the Community, Vows to Fix ME:Andromeda

MEC-777
3 hours ago, Notional said:

So the game might be somewhat playable in a couple of months? Well guess I will wait until then. And a nice price cut, because frack EA's AAA prices.

Oh and can they patch out the tranny? When you fly 600 years across the universe to REPOPULATE a new homeworld, you don't bring a fracking tranny with you. Frack I hate identity politics!

the price drop might also be related to the fact that the game already got cracked.

They forgot the "bug" where the animations make the characters faces look robotic with few emotions....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Not played the game yet. Big Mass Effect fan loved the first 3 games in the series. Dont really want to play this yet until they fix the problems with the game.

Once again lessons can be learned from this whole experience. Dont pre-order any games and wait a while for some patchs. People seriously need to learn this lesson. 

3 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Based on what I've played of the game so far, I can tell already I'm going to really enjoy just taking my time, exploring this new universe. It looks great and runs smooth. I'm happy. 

Same here, I love open world games and discovering evrey nook and cranny. 

4 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

For an ignorant american, what is a tranny?

Transvestite. In this case a man who identifies as a woman. Because you can get pregnant if you are just self deluded enough. Or Arnold Schwarzenegger.

1 hour ago, ADM-Ntek said:

the price drop might also be related to the fact that the game already got cracked.

Wait it already dropped in price?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

So im a MASSIVE ME fan. I bought andromeda two days ago and seriously love it. Game play wise it definitely builds and innovates off the old formula. 

That being said the, while i think the voice acting is fine, the annimations are terrible. No emotion or movement in the faces at. All. And the cutscenes/story bits just abruptly end without really being able to get engrosed into it, and they dont even move really. Where in the first three games they were long enough and expressive where you felt like you were there. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

I like the game, spent hours exploring planets and getting them ready for non-violent occupation. There's also a low-G planet where you could pretend to be an Apollo rover driver. The cutscenes definitely need work, but the gameplay itself is a lot of fun. 

8 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

That´s why I don't buy games at launch. I usually wait at least a half year before I buy it. Only multiplayer games are an exception.

That is more disciplined than me. I wait a week to see if there are any bad news out about the game (except Zelda w/ switch. I jumped the gun on it). If it doesn't get any bad press, then  I buy the game. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since. 

25 minutes ago, Tocsin_786 said:

That is more disciplined than me. I wait a week to see if there are any bad news out about the game (except Zelda w/ switch. I jumped the gun on it). If it doesn't get any bad press, then  I buy the game. 

Does your switch have a bend yet? There's a lot of articles showing the switch warping even when they just leave it at the dock.

2 hours ago, huilun02 said:

But the gunplay and ui navigation is just a nightmare.

most people seem to agree with you on the ui but most say the gunplay is better than previous mass effect games.

I haven't played Andromeda yet, I felt ME1 had the weakest gunplay out of the original trilogy.

“A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.”

-Shigeru Miyamoto

This quote might not be true anymore, now that they can release patches, but I wish companies treated it like it was still true.

13 hours ago, Kloaked said:

Always move the launch date back.

And not hire people who do shitty jobs

Yeah imagine having the game finished before releasing it, oh and not letting a C rate team make what's essentially a high school quality product as a AAA game.

Imagine that kind of logic, running a company must be piss easy because apparently all of them are run by morons. Make me a CEO please.

What is going to fix the absolute crazy animations I've seen on the faces of the characters?

Yeah, good luck patching out the retarded premise and the broken lore...

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

16 hours ago, Alexzz_ said:

its kinda a hard decision game devs have to make, piss people off by not having a full fledged game, or piss people off by moving the launch date back.

A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed one is forever bad.

Don't think i need to say where that quote is from.

16 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

The charakter creation is terrible. ME:A and Dragon Age Inquisition are both based on the frostbite engine, but in DO:I the creation is great.

With the jacket i got her to somehow look acceptable but it's still a shame.

That said, the game is fine and a lot of fun.

The character creation is limited and lacking from the previous ME's. I spent a bit of time on several characters and was able to make a few I was happy with (both male and female). But, yeah, it is definitely lacking. 

One thing that has always annoyed me in a lot of games with detailed custom character creation is the slim and poor choices of hair options. Can I please just have an option for proper long hair??? If they can do it well in Tomb Raider, they can do it in other games.  /mini rant :P

6 hours ago, Humbug said:

most people seem to agree with you on the ui but most say the gunplay is better than previous mass effect games.

I haven't played Andromeda yet, I felt ME1 had the weakest gunplay out of the original trilogy.

The gunplay is definitely better in ME:A, IMO. Once I got my hands on the Mattock rifle, all was well with the world. :D 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

As a Mass Effect fan, I'm extremely happy :D

Desktop

Y4M1-II: AMD Ryzen 9-5900X | Asrock RX 6900XT Phantom Gaming D | Gigabyte RTX 4060 low profile | 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws V | 2TB Samsung 980 Pro + 4TB 870 EVO + 4TB SanDisk Ultra 3D + 8TB WD Black + 4TB WD Black HDD | Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL-X | Antec ST1000 1000W 80+ Titanium | MSI Optix MAG342CQR | BenQ EW3270U | Kubuntu

-------------------------------

Mobile devices

Kuroneko: Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Yoga 4th (Intel i7-10510U | 16GB RAM | 1TB SSD)

Can't wait to play. I already have the game, but my new 1080 is out for RMA and I have no time...

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

6 hours ago, Ashaira said:

A delayed game is eventually good. A rushed one is forever bad.

Duke Nukem Forever

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

5 minutes ago, Mutami said:

I'm loving the game so far.  I have seen some animation issues but nothing to deem it "unplayable." 

I dunno I was playing it last night and my framerate went to 59.97FPS, 100% unplayable IMO

/s

ugxw29fcdypy.png

Well, at least they are acknowledging how poor of a job they did. If this is representative of the final patching, then great. I still don't understand why all women look like ugly feminazis, but as long as the animations are improved, then fine.

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Patch 1.05 is live. I took some screenshots on my R9 290 to show the improved eye modelling in humans and asari characters.

This is important in making them seem life like.

33877680135_d7bdf2921a_o.png

33877679825_da9ab5d646_o.png

14 hours ago, JuNex03 said:

Does your switch have a bend yet? There's a lot of articles showing the switch warping even when they just leave it at the dock.

The day I found out they were bending, I checked mine. It still didn't bend. But I only play it a few hours every Sunday. So maybe its because I don't play mine as much. I'll let you know if mine does. 

Space Journal #1: So Apparently i  was dropped on the moon like i'm a mars rover, in a matter of hours i have found the transformers on the dark side of the moon. Turns out its not that dark since dem robots are filled with lights, i waved hi to the Russians on the space station, turns out all those stories about space finding humans instead of the other way around is true(soviet Russia joke). They threw me some Heineken beer and I've been sitting staring at the people of this forum and earth since.