AMD Ryzen HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

DocSwag
36 minutes ago, DuckDodgers said:

The hype is real!

This is the single best thing I have every watched!!! "Stock prices rise" that made me laugh hard.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

35 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Now I want Ryzen sunglasses.

Annnnnddd new profile pic for me! :P

hghggh.PNG

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

tumblr_nrx8xnlEjl1qdek49o1_540.jpg

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

5 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Part of the reason why we need the market to be shaken to its core.

I see what you did there.

I need to convince myself that my Haswell CPU is fine and I don't need to upgrade now... >_>

It's an exciting release overall no doubt. Prices are very aggressive and I'm glad Ryzen will disrupt market. Looking forward to benchmarks and reviews for sure. It's a great jump compared to last FX line in terms of performance and it's awesome that along with its high core (8) count is reasonably priced.

4Ghz+ on 8 core out of the box is lovely indeed.

I'm personally interested in 8 core flagship myself, though still interested to see how 6 core and 4 core stack. Specially how much 4 core part will clock will be interesting to see.

Ryzen 7 1800X will definitely be an epic upgrade over my FX8350 with twice more threads and IPC that is greatly better. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

56 minutes ago, stealth80 said:

exactly my point, it's a blatant price hike - I also can't believe pre-order is available prior to official benchmarks/reviews - seems crazy

pre order are always before reviews arrive, and i am fine with it for cpus, because it a way to make shore you get one before the run out 

This is why we need the R5 and R3 series ASAP. 

I mean look at it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230194&cm_re=ryzen-_-83-230-194-_-Product

Looks like a killer deal right? $900 for an 8-core Ryzen CPU? But then you look at the GPU and the only thing you can do is laugh.

An 8-core R7-1700 (a $330 CPU) paired with a measly GTX1050Ti (a $140 GPU). I mean come on. How to create a GPU bottleneck, step 1-10. This really is like pairing an i7-6900K with that 1050Ti and it makes no sense at all. An AMD 8-core is no longer an FX-series CPU. It's a high-end component. It needs a high-end GPU to pair with.

Oh well. People will buy it anyway. It's like those systems with a 6700K and a GTX1050. The unknowing customer will buy it anyway.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

This is why we need the R5 and R3 series ASAP. 

I mean look at it.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883230194&cm_re=ryzen-_-83-230-194-_-Product

Looks like a killer deal right? $900 for an 8-core Ryzen CPU? But then you look at the GPU and the only thing you can do is laugh.

An 8-core R7-1700 (a $330 CPU) paired with a measly GTX1050Ti (a $140 GPU). I mean come on. How to create a GPU bottleneck, step 1-10. This really is like pairing an i7-6900K with that 1050Ti and it makes no sense at all. An AMD 8-core is no longer an FX-series CPU. It's a high-end component. It needs a high-end GPU to pair with.

Oh well. People will buy it anyway. It's like those systems with a 6700K and a GTX1050. The unknowing customer will buy it anyway.

That CPU cooler tho :P

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

That CPU cooler tho :P

Newegg uses that image for all of the PCs.

I mean, that's a tiny GPU but that image is also used for systems with a 1070. 

Ye ole' train

2 hours ago, randomhkkid said:

If you look at the right hand side graph it shows equivalent score for single thread performance, however the 6900k runs at 3.7ghz on one core and the 1800X at 4ghz. This means that the Ryzen core has to run 8% higher clockpeed for the same performance.

If we take the 7700k at 4ghz without overclocking the Ryzen core would have to be at least at 4.42ghz to compete. Knowing most 7700k easily achieve 4.5ghz+ the Ryzen chips would need to be achieving 4.86ghz to compete in single thread benches.

TL;DR Ryzen has an ~8% IPC deficit compared to intel according to the graph and will not be able to compete with Intel's K series parts in single thread.

Ah ok I didn't realize that the 6900X was ast 3.7 that makes more sense now

LG 34" 21:9 1440p

1080ti EVGA FTW3

i7 8700k @ 5GHz 1.3V Delidded

Does this work for some kind of current benchmarking? Yes, could have some hidden bias in the hardware picking; however, it does show that Ryzen doesn't suck, as others might hope.

http://www.pcgamer.com/live-benchmarks-amd-ryzen-vs-intel-core/

My smartphone didn't see Linus's clearly superior video capabilities:

Yes, some specific overclocking stuff would be nice, but at the same time, its really nice to see that as a consumer, Intel might be able to beat my future 1700x; however, I'm not going to shell out $1k on a CPU.

I think Linus did good pointing out how AMD used their price comparison in the display setups.

I want to see overclocking results to be honest, because if they suck at overclocking thats a big bummer and Ill be getting a 6800K

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

1 hour ago, Memories4K said:

I have a 4690k as well but i wouldn't really do that.
IPC seems to be similar to Haswell/Broadwell, unless you need the extra cores/threads.
I'm waiting until Zen+ to upgrade (which won't be for a while)

As soon as I heard about the launch earlier today, I got way too excited and already began thinking about planning for my first AMD build. I do like to have 1 PC at a time (I'm running off of an i7 4790k), and since I know 4th generation Intel CPUs are still powerful, I'll wait a while and see where AMD goes with later products too 

Aspiring IT technician... The AF is getting in the way. Poet and PC enthusiast (of a lower caliber, so-to say) :)

3 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I totally understand. Some of us have been waiting a long time so there will be hype. Regardless of benchmarks, as long as the performance is even close to what they state, it looks like a definitely sizeable upgrade for anyone with an FX processor.

So yes, we'll eventually get legitimate bench marks, but I'm going to preorder anyways.

I built my current computer in the summer of 2014, and I was hearing "Wait for AMD's new CPUs"-comments already back then. That is why I want to see independent benchmarks instead of just hype from AMD

6 hours ago, revsilverspine said:

Now give me real benchmarks so I can start throwing money at someone!

Linus' showed the 1800x and the 6900K perform the exact same, at half the price, with the Ryzen clocked almost 0.8 GHzs faster, so if Ryzen OCs bad, than Intel will still have the "better" CPUs, just not the best price

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

2 minutes ago, AxelRantila said:

I built my current computer in the summer of 2014, and I was hearing "Wait for AMD's new CPUs"-comments already back then. That is why I want to see independent benchmarks instead of just hype from AMD

I did the same with my build; however, I was the one telling myself to wait for Zen. I'm upgrading, because anything would be an upgrade from my FX 6350. But I don't think there will be much that Intel can offer as far as performance and price. But I will leave Linus to use his crazy mathematical formula to determine the performance/price per each CPU.

To be honest, Im a little dissapointed in performance, but the price is great

Spoiler

AXIOM

1 minute ago, Clanscorpia said:

Linus' showed the 1800x and the 6900K perform the exact same, at half the price, with the Ryzen clocked almost 0.8 GHzs faster, so if Ryzen OCs bad, than Intel will still have the "better" CPUs, just not the best price

I don't think the AMD CPU's will have poor overclocking. Considering they allowed every processor to be overclockable, I'm sure they've spent time ensuring their hardware will perform as anticipated.

I know AMD gets crapped on for their failure with FX. But you learn more from failure than you do success.

1 hour ago, DuckDodgers said:

The hype is real!

Finally got a chance to watch this.  Loved every minute of it.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I don't think the AMD CPU's will have poor overclocking. Considering they allowed every processor to be overclockable, I'm sure they've spent time ensuring their hardware will perform as anticipated.

I know AMD gets crapped on for their failure with FX. But you learn more from failure than you do success.

I know I know but from the benches comparing the 1800x and 1700x it scales pretty shit with clocks very unlike polaris, but the fact they their 1700X is like 70 dollars more than the 6800K and performs much better in multi threaded Im impressed, but from what we can see Intel will still perform better for gaming tasks because of the higher clocks

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, kaiju_wars said:

Finally got a chance to watch this.  Loved every minute of it.

I love how Raja was in the video even though Raja is a GPU engineer lol

Spoiler

AXIOM

2 minutes ago, Clanscorpia said:

I love how Raja was in the video even though Raja is a GPU engineer lol

I know.  I laughed my ass off at, Composer: Jim Keller, Producer: Lisa Su, Choir: AMD fans.

Currently focusing on my video game collection.

It doesn't matter what you play games on, just play good games you enjoy.

2 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Why are you disappointed? It performed even better than they told us it would...

No it didnt, it per clock performed terribly compared to broadwell

Spoiler

AXIOM