AMD Ryzen HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED!!!

DocSwag

Because this is the internet. Someone will find something to nitpick about zen and then the internet will explode. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Some people have stated march 2nd (citing AMD said they would launch all sku's at once) others have said it would be later into march/april. 

Well with a 8 core that has a 65w TDP, probably not

Thanks for your answer. Well, I guess we will see next week whether it is march 2nd or not! 

1 minute ago, Tenchev said:

Thanks for your answer. Well, I guess we will see next week whether it is march 2nd or not! 

Don't rush. That's the last thing you wanna do.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

41 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

XFR range of just 100 MHz? Seems a little low innit?

To be fair intel 3.0 boost is just 200 MHz.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Don't rush. That's the last thing you wanna do.

Not going to rush, just want to see when/what is coming out exactly. Was thinking of building a budget PC so the only processor I'm interested in for now are the R3 1100 and 1200/x. Would like to see how they do in gaming as my initial plan was to go for G4560 and RX470/480 (because I'm on a budget). But yeah, after all the ryzen hype will wait some more to see the exact pricing of the R3 series and how they perform in gaming.

27 minutes ago, Prysin said:

look at you all. Swarming around this as if it is the second coming of christ.... Oh how you all going to be disappointed in due time.

Perhaps, but for now lets enjoy the nerding out and yank on each others Jimmies... You smexy pro-team blue tease ;)

Daaaayum that's nice!

Sadly no news about the cheaper ones, i was hoping to get a 6C/12T cpu but it seems like that's not going to be the case :( At least as far as the launch goes.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

They say you can preorder it....except anywhere in Canada, it seems. Newegg.ca has it but auto notify only. NCIX and Direct Canada have nothing. Tiger Direct has nothing. Canada Computers has nothing. Memory Express had a listing for like 0.5 seconds before pulling it. Amazon.ca has nothing.

Edit: Oh after 1pm my time. Gotcha.

13 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The most important question is: IS IT HOT??

You have CPU's and GPU's mixed up.

bulldozers TJ Max was 72c,whats Kaby at?

Same old 2013 joke had to pop up.

Preorder starts today at 1pm Eastern US Time!!

https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-Pre-order-Starts-Today-Specs-and-Performance-Revealed

I know that many of you have been waiting months and years to put your money down for the Zen architecture and Ryzen processors from AMD. Well that day is finally here: AMD is opening pre-orders for Ryzen 7 1800X, Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700 processors.

That’s the good news. The bad news? You’ll be doing it without the guidance of independent reviews.

..snip..

Update Feb 22 @ 4:27am: An official Intel spokesman did respond to today's AMD news with the following: 

“We take any competition seriously but as we’ve learned, consumers usually take a ‘wait and see’ approach on performance claims for untested products. 7th Gen Intel® Core™ delivers the best experiences, and with 8th Gen Intel Core and new technologies like Intel® Optane™ memory coming soon, Intel will not stop raising the bar.” ­

While nothing drastic, the Intel comment is interesting in a couple of ways. First, the fact that Intel is responding at all means that they are rattled to some degree. Second, mention of the 8th Gen Core processor series indicates that they want potential buyers to know that something beyond Kaby Lake is coming down the pipe, a break from Intel's normally stoic demeanor.

Links don't show results yet, since its not yet 1pm Eastern. Haven't heard anything on when boards are released.

2 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Preorder starts today at 1pm Eastern US Time!!

https://www.pcper.com/news/Processors/AMD-Ryzen-Pre-order-Starts-Today-Specs-and-Performance-Revealed

Links don't show results yet, since its not yet 1pm Eastern. Haven't heard anything on when boards are released.

You think they'll ship to Canada? >_>

2 minutes ago, TigerHawk said:

You think they'll ship to Canada? >_>

I'd hope so. I'm gonna be ordering it during Calc today, and hoping to see something from Linus shortly. They will at least ship to one destination in Canada I guess.

1 minute ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I'd hope so. I'm gonna be ordering it during Calc today, and hoping to see something from Linus shortly. They will at least ship to one destination in Canada I guess.

Probably Toronto or maybe Vancouver. Never the capital of the damn country D: <

AM4 motherboards are also in Newegg:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007625&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&SrchInDesc=AM4&Page=1&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH

EDIT: A BioStar board says it releases March 2nd

THis is what a MSI board says

Supports AMD RYZEN Series Processors and 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon processors for Socket AM4

Are we getting Athlons too?

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

How are they out of stock already? Or have they not been released yet? Waiting for 1pm? I want the MSI x370 Carbon.

How are they out of stock already? Or have they not been released yet? Waiting for 1pm? I want the MSI x370 Carbon.

They probably never had any. Asus, MSi and such probably just wanted to list them on newegg to add to get preorders and such

2 minutes ago, AxelRantila said:

I want to see independent benchmarks. I don't want to see only hype from AMD

I totally understand. Some of us have been waiting a long time so there will be hype. Regardless of benchmarks, as long as the performance is even close to what they state, it looks like a definitely sizeable upgrade for anyone with an FX processor.

So yes, we'll eventually get legitimate bench marks, but I'm going to preorder anyways.

1 minute ago, SCGazelle said:

They probably never had any. Asus, MSi and such probably just wanted to list them on newegg to add to get preorders and such

Makes sense. Still checking, and nothing on Amazon. Although, people gotta check and make sure they are purchasing from the legitimate preorder resellers. I'm only gonna assume there will be a lot of fraud accounts selling preorders...

I'm upgrading from an old ivy bridge @ 4ghz so pretty much anything will be an upgrade for me at this point, even FX 8350 and such with more or less the same IPC and more "cores" lol

Makes sense. Still checking, and nothing on Amazon. Although, people gotta check and make sure they are purchasing from the legitimate preorder resellers. I'm only gonna assume there will be a lot of fraud accounts selling preorders...

a BioStar board says its releasing March 2nd

1 minute ago, TigerHawk said:

I'm upgrading from an old ivy bridge @ 4ghz so pretty much anything will be an upgrade for me at this point, FX 8350 and such with more or less the same IPC and more "cores"

Yes, agreed. I purchased my FX 6350 because it was on sale for stupid cheap, and I figured I'd just save up for Zen and make my decision then.

Many people question the pricing. How can they sell that performance and such a low price. Who said that performance had to be expensive? Just because Intel sells high doesn't mean they don't make 80% profit on their sales. What are the real manufacturing costs vs retail price?

I'm curious for both Intel and Zen chips as far as that financial breakdown goes.

6 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

AM4 is compatible with a bunch of different processors. 7th gen A series and Athlon APUs/CPUs are Bristol Ridge aka Excavator-based processors that have been out for a while. They're not new. 

4 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Yes, agreed. I purchased my FX 6350 because it was on sale for stupid cheap, and I figured I'd just save up for Zen and make my decision then.

Many people question the pricing. How can they sell that performance and such a low price. Who said that performance had to be expensive? Just because Intel sells high doesn't mean they don't make 80% profit on their sales. What are the real manufacturing costs vs retail price?

I'm curious for both Intel and Zen chips as far as that financial breakdown goes.

The only reason we feel that performance has to come at a price is because of Intel jacking the prices up over the past few years as AMD was nothing but a joke for desktop enthusiasts. No competition means you can charge whatever you want. What good would it do for AMD to charge the same prices? We'd just have two intels then with no real benefit to the consumer.

Like two internet service providers that charge you $99 for 100/10 service. You just go with whoever you feel is the lesser evil. Kinda like voting.

Here's the ways AMD can fuck it up:

• IPC being shit.  Hey no 6700K or 7700K single threaded comparisons?  Mmmmkay.  Y'all realize you pretty much never utilize 8 cores?
  • Terrible yields.  March 2nd launch becomes June delivery.  Historically happens to their graphics cards.
  • Being clocked already to the edge.  100Mhz "turbo"?  Really bruh?
  • Mobo's lacking features.  First time AMD has put out anything natively supporting >USB2.0.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)