Linus's Disturbing Trend to Clickbait

Eaglerino

Don't worry everyone, it's almost February so that means it's almost time for the internet to find something new to be angry about.

-KuJoe

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

Don't worry everyone, it's almost February so that means it's almost time for the internet to find something new to be angry about.

No but seriously. LMG not caring about their viewers is not acceptable.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I think it's quite the opposite, they just hired 3 or 4 people meaning they care more about their viewers than they do about their bank account. If they need to change the thumbnails to make better content then I don't see the problem.

-KuJoe

The problem is in people, who bite the bait. Try to go to a cloth store: there are hoodies with stupid quotes like "I'm expensive" that cost 7-15 euros, and hoodies in the same store without quotes cost twice expensive. Much more people buy the first type of hoodies, so they cost less.

The loss of Vessel and the slow uptake plus costs of implementing Floatplane has meant LMG has had to take measures to make more money from YouTube.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

6 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

then don't watch and support them anymore? 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

8 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

I think it's quite the opposite, they just hired 3 or 4 people meaning they care more about their viewers than they do about their bank account. If they need to change the thumbnails to make better content then I don't see the problem.

Linus admitted that he didn't want to change the thumbnails. They were never part of the original vision of LTT.

They were a casualty of the YouTube clickbait hype machine which encourages clickbaity videos.

He stated that it was done out of desperation.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

2 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

then don't watch and support them anymore? 

I am doing that but I want to encourage other to do that as well.

I would pay for Floatplane if the thumbnails and overall production quality weren't this bad.

2 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

oh please. Stop trolling.

29 minutes ago, Kierax said:

The loss of Vessel and the slow uptake plus costs of implementing Floatplane has meant LMG has had to take measures to make more money from YouTube.

Well this isn't the good way of fixing their cost problems. They're discouraging those who may have thought about purchasing Floatplane subscriptions like me.

16 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

oh please. Stop trolling.

It was part humor part seriousness. I understand people are upset with any form of change but it's hard to tell a business to change their business practices especially when those people aren't supporting the business financially. When it comes to real life problems, getting angry about free content ranks up there with stop signs being too red and birds being too happy in the morning (and are they really happy?).

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

It was part humor part seriousness. I understand people are upset with any form of change but it's hard to tell a business to change their business practices especially when those people aren't supporting the business financially.

I'm telling them to change because I want to support them.

I cannot support their current attitude and their ignorance. I would financially support them if they were not ignorant and treating their fans badly.

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

When it comes to real life problems, getting angry about free content ranks up there with stop signs being too red and birds being too happy in the morning.

No it's not. This is a company which sells products and services. If they want to continue to be successful, they should fucking listen to their customers.

1 minute ago, AluminiumTech said:

I'm telling them to change because I want to support them.

I cannot support their current attitude and their ignorance. I would financially support them if they were not ignorant and treating their fans badly.

No it's not. This is a company which sells products and services. If they want to continue to be successful, they should fucking listen to their customers.

Unfortunately there is very little any of us can do about it for right now. If others feel the way you do and there's enough of you to impact their ad revenue then in a month or two they'll change their ways, but if this change helps bring in more ad revenue then it outweighs the number of people who stop watching them and the thumbnails will continue. These types of threads just bring negativity to the forum which doesn't really help anybody. I think there was a thread about this already and I'm not sure how that one went but this thread wasn't meant to start a calm and mature conversation about the issue, based on the thread title it was just meant to vent about their disappointment over the issue and @Slick replied in kind. I personally don't care what their thumbnails look like or their video titles, but I'm still at a loss for what any of us could do to change how LMG runs their business even if I did care. Any thoughts other than stop watching their videos and visiting the forums?

-KuJoe

1 hour ago, AluminiumTech said:

LMG thinks they're above people and too good for others.

If somebody thinks LMG is wrong then LMG would view them as wrong.

I replied because I know OP and first person to reply by name and thought they'd sorta take it as a joke, which it was.. And I think they did! Mission accomplished. 

I had a good laugh looking at the thumbnail when it was done, and I wanted to share the comedy a bit. 

Honestly we've received a lot of positive messages about the thumbnails too - def not as many as negative.. We should have a more formal response in a bit here 

7 minutes ago, Slick said:

Honestly we've received a lot of positive messages about the thumbnails too - def not as many as negative.. We should have a more formal response in a bit here 

Sorry Luke, but to be frank, you guys should have had formal responses on "bad conduct" on LMG's end years ago. You guys are threading the "too little, too late" line here. How is sponsorship by the way? It seems like you are getting less and less sponsorships/product samples from certain categories of vendors going by your videos. Could this be because of your current - near 16 months - long behavior pattern?

20 minutes ago, Slick said:

I replied because I know OP and first person to reply by name and thought they'd sorta take it as a joke, which it was.. And I think they did! Mission accomplished. 

I had a good laugh looking at the thumbnail when it was done, and I wanted to share the comedy a bit. 

Also, I contacted LMG about a sponsor spot around a week ago. Can you tell me if it's a no go or if I can expect a response at some point?

Don't blame LTT.... or youtube....

it's also why they have separate channels for different kinds of content....

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

I love how people are getting so pissed off over a fucking thumbnail. It's a picture before you see a video, and while I do admit I liked the old ones better, it's the same old LTT content. With the closing of Vessel, times are tough. Changes have to be made; whether the hardcore fans like it or not. 

The thumbnails don't stop me watching - it's an afterthought for me. Would be nice to have something different than clickbait - it's not insane clickbait like red circles and arrows, but it's not bad either. This one was just weird. 

idk

5 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

luke demolished her, will she ever recover? 

Ten times you won't believe @slick destroyed a little girls life. You won't believe number 4!

- snip-

1 hour ago, Droidbot said:

I love how people are getting so pissed off over a fucking thumbnail. It's a picture before you see a video, and while I do admit I liked the old ones better, it's the same old LTT content. With the closing of Vessel, times are tough. Changes have to be made; whether the hardcore fans like it or not. 

The thumbnails don't stop me watching - it's an afterthought for me. Would be nice to have something different than clickbait - it's not insane clickbait like red circles and arrows, but it's not bad either. This one was just weird. 

I've honestly given up on this forum in certain areas... People don't seem to understand that the thumbnails are stupid but the content of said video hasn't changed, thus making it not really clickbait.

If LMG or any other YT channel that operates as a business and depend heavily on YT revenue to stay afloat they'll have to adapt to what's getting views in to make that money.

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

4 hours ago, AluminiumTech said:

LMG thinks they're above people and too good for others.

If somebody thinks LMG is wrong then LMG would view them as wrong.

This is Slick crying over this comment: 

Image result for crying money gif

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, Slick said:

I can do you one better @Slick

K2sXTXY.png

Please hire me

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch