Linus media group is on google maps

luckymansogo

So i got the e-mail about vessel's replacement the floatplane club and i noticed their address was at the bottom. This prompted me to do a google search since i lost the address after using it to go to the meet up. turns out linus media group is listed in google maps and anyone can just google search and find the office. So this prompts the question are we allowed to show up at the office? which i think is a no. However  if we bring pizza or some other form of bribe would that be an acceptable arrangement so to speak. Also whats Linus's least favorite pizza?

2 minutes ago, luckymansogo said:

So i got the e-mail about vessel's replacement the floatplane club and i noticed their address was at the bottom. This prompted me to do a google search since i lost the address after using it to go to the meet up. turns out linus media group is listed in google maps and anyone can just google search and find the office. So this prompts the question are we allowed to show up at the office? which i think is a no. However  if we bring pizza or some other form of bribe would that be an acceptable arrangement so to speak. Also whats Linus's least favorite pizza?

Actually, Surrey is a great place for:

• Hookers
  • Drug dealers
  • Criminals
  • Ex-Cons

It's kinda nice, has a lot of nice buildings & people, etc.

Anyways, to answer your question; no, it's a media station. They'll probably greet you and everything but they'll probably eventually ask you to leave.

You know that you can also just go to their website where it tells you the address right....

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/history/

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Jed M said:

• Hookers
  • Drug dealers
  • Criminals
  • Ex-Cons

Anyways, to answer your question; no, it's a media station. They'll probably greet you and everything but they'll probably eventually ask you to leave.

ya i know surrey is shite, i live in the Vancouver area, but if some of them would greet us and accept our bribes on their lunch break (if they get those lol) thats all i would ask for.

No don't show up to their place of work and bother them. They have asked all fans kindly not too.

Edit: They do have fan meat up days. They will be announced for when people are allowed to go hang out with them.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

There is having to look in specific websites for an address and then there is being google-able. whole other level.

9 hours ago, Orangeator said:

No don't show up to their place of work and bother them. They have asked all fans kindly not too.

Ya when i asked nick light in person he said "we had people show up to the old house office before my them figuring it out from a video but normally say hi sorry we are working have a nice day" but that was before anyone offered a bribe and also a year ago.

38 minutes ago, luckymansogo said:

Unless you're looking for a job or you're a representative of a company, I don't think they will accept anyone else. Imagine yourself being a big YouTuber and having random people come at your place and knocing the door every 20 minutes. You wouldn't feel very comfortable, would you?

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

When they have their 'public' days and tours, I'm sure they have to lock away anything that's under any sort of NDA and secure valuable equipment accordingly from thieves.  So there definitely would be a lot of trouble with random visitors.  Unless you've been specifically invited, or have legitimate business with them, the polite thing to do is stay away.  The more time they spend dealing with riff-raff, the less time they have to bring the world more content. 

Some people get their kicks trolling on-line (I don't), but seriously, keep it online.  I'm sure appropriate donations through Paypal with a note such as "pizza money for the gang for a job well done" would be appreciated and respected, but sending your own, even if pre-paid, is kind of freaky and stalker-like.

5 hours ago, luckymansogo said:

There is having to look in specific websites for an address and then there is being google-able. whole other level.

Their home site has had Google Maps linking since forever. Plus the Maps link was with Meetup invitation. They are registered company and Google uses that as basic starting point when they add business to maps.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you really want to tell them something, order some pizza, write what you want to tell them on a note, stick it on a pizza box and give it to them.

Usually food makes them less upset :D

Or you can send them a package or something, they do episodes of the mail room every few months where they open fan mail and packages.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

You know that you can also just go to their website where it tells you the address right....

http://www.linusmediagroup.com/history/

look at when they open 930am

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

6 hours ago, luckymansogo said:

Most of the organisations I've worked for have easily googleable addresses, never stopped us calling the cops and having trespasses arrested. For the safety and productivity of a business  and it's employees, brides or not, there aren't exceptions, since if you make one then everyone and their donkey think it's ok.

Silent build - You know your pc is too loud when the deaf complain. Windows 98 gaming build, smells like beige

9 hours ago, Jed M said:

• Hookers
  • Drug dealers
  • Criminals
  • Ex-Cons

Do you live in Surrey?

The geek himself.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

Do you live in Surrey?

No, near it. I have to drive through it a lot, and I have an aunt that lives there.

Ahh nice, I was just making sure you aren't one of those people that criticize Canadians. Normally Americans. But cool.

The geek himself.

Just now, Dawson Wehage said:

Ahh nice, I was just making sure you aren't one of those people that criticize Canadians. Normally Americans. But cool.

I don't really see Americans criticizing Canadians. It's really more poking at the "nice" stereotype anyways.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Eh Vancouver is no better then Surrey, there's always a guy walking around in his underwear.

The geek himself.

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I don't really see Americans criticizing Canadians. It's really more poking at the "nice" stereotype anyways.

No English

The geek himself.

18 hours ago, Dawson Wehage said:

No English

18 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Huh?

He's way of saying he doesn't have good reply or doesn't bother replying with proper argument. Did same when I questioned him in here:

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

He's way of saying he doesn't have good reply or doesn't bother replying with proper argument. Did same when I questioned him in here:

Lol why is it always the same guy xD

The geek himself.

On 2016-11-03 at 1:36 AM, luckymansogo said:

I know it must be tempting to visit them or whatever at the office, but PLEASE DON'T.

Respect their place of work. It's rude and disruptive for random people to just drop by uninvited to someones place of employment. @nicklmg has stated before that they've had to turn people away before. They don't like doing it, but it's necessary.

Offering a "bribe" doesn't make it okay.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

They've requested in the past that people don't turn up at the office. It's their place of work, not a visitor centre.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Their location is not much of a secret (as you said, it's listed on their Google account and even company website), but you can't just visit it. It's a business, not a tourist attraction or store or whatever.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've been to Surrey, lived there for nearly a month in fact. It's a damn walk in the part compared to some parts of my city here in Mexico you guys overreact. Is not even ghetto levels vs something like Toronto, Chicago, etc.

-------

Current Rig

-------