Phill Schiller explains why MacBook Pros don't have a 32GB RAM option

AlTech
16 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

4. yes I have no intrest in almost any apple product sometimes here and there they spark my intrest I Owned a 3G, 4 & 5 models of iphones   though apple does many things well they deserved to be bashed at times Especialy when you take price into consideration imo

You actually don't know that but about the RAM. Only Apple does (unless you fully design laptops on your own) 

Sure they should be bashed, but they don't listen because they don't need to. People still buy their stuff. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

24 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

This makes no sense This would literaly cause Close to no noticble difference on battery life.

There would be huge difference. A SODIMM memory is much bigger than an LPDDR3 memory, hence much more power consumption. Skylake doesn't support LPDDR4, so they couldn't go 32GB

2. If you need more then 16gb for video editing then you need a better computer then they offer this in 16gb is fine for 99% of people though the price premium of this thing 32gb should just be included Ram is so cheap nowdays 

32GB is only reqired by a very very few people. If you do, yes you should conider editing in some other machine, but right now there were limitations on imlementing 32GB and anyway according to report published today, Apple will provide a 32GB option in the 2017 refresh depending on whether they opt for cannonlake or coffee lake chip (which is solely based on Intel's release plans)

4. yes I have no intrest in almost any apple product sometimes here and there they spark my intrest I Owned a 3G, 4 & 5 models of iphones   though apple does many things well they deserved to be bashed at times Especialy when you take price into consideration imo

Prices are a bit high, but they always overprice the first gen of refresh before massivel cutting in the price the following year. Examples include iMac 5K, Macbook Air, retina MBP

9 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

i plug in the magsafe, i still have two USB ports available

i plug in the ethernet cable, i still have two USB ports available

i insert my WoW SD card, i still have two USB ports available

i plug in my PCIe dock, i still have two USB ports available 

i plug in my cooler pad, i now have one USB port available 

Ok, so what about your mouse, keyboard and external HDD with your cooler pad?

Do you know what's possible with Thunderbolt 3, you can connect a single cable to your thunderbolt 3 PCIe dock and simultaneously charge the MacBook and connect peripherals like keyboard, mouse, display through the dock instantly turning your Mac into a complete desktop setup with one cable. Now that's the future, or atleast wireless comes along

1 minute ago, RedRound2 said:

Ok, so what about your mouse, keyboard and external HDD with your cooler pad?

Do you know what's possible with Thunderbolt 3, you can connect a single cable to your thunderbolt 3 PCIe dock and simultaneously charge the MacBook and connect peripherals like keyboard, mouse, display through the dock instantly turning your Mac into a complete desktop setup with one cable. Now that's the future, or atleast wireless comes along

keyboard and external HDD are on the cooler pad, the mouse stays on the last USB port since it has to follow the macbook everywhere it goes.

And thunderbolt peripherals are still over priced, it's one thing to bite the bullet for a PCIe dock so that i can do something as awesome as add a GPU to a laptop, it's another thing to pay as much just to get an Ethernet port and a couple more USB ports

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

22 minutes ago, DrMacintosh said:

You actually don't know that but about the RAM. Only Apple does (unless you fully design laptops on your own) 

Sure they should be bashed, but they don't listen because they don't need to. People still buy their stuff. 

oh Shit i forgot only apples knows ram Cause once they touch something there the ones who invented it somehow. The guy who invented it and the 1000s of other companies that use it dont know it either. 

I didnt want to make it a flamewar but you just have to blindly follow and agree.... without thought processing on your own  they said it its true...

2 hours ago, RedRound2 said:

The only MacBook I recall thermal throttling was the 2015 12" MacBook, because well, it had no fans and Intel did a poor job making their first gen M processors. But thermal throttling reports on a fan equipped MacBook have been less unless there was some kind of blockage for air circulation

Given how Apple actually talked about the cooling system, it's very likely that the cooling is pretty effective

no, that is very wrong info you got there. With normal word and browsing the Pro's don't throttle, but when you start pushing them to 100% then you start seeing temps above 85c and when it goes above that, then the CPU starts to thermal throttle.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

8 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

i plug in the magsafe, i still have two USB ports available

i plug in the ethernet cable, i still have two USB ports available

i insert my WoW SD card, i still have two USB ports available

i plug in my PCIe dock, i still have two USB ports available 

i plug in my cooler pad, i now have one USB port available 

I don't plug in the power cable, I have 4 USB C ports with the new MacBook Pro, which I can repurpose on the fly as I deem fit. Whereas with the old MacBook Air, I still only have 2 USB ports even if nothing else is plugged in. It's not like I can suddenly turn that power port or Ethernet port into another USB port if I do desired. 

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 6:28 PM, DrMacintosh said:

This makes a lot of sense. They did not want to compromise on their awesome battery life and to do that they had to cut back on the RAM a bit. 

Look at it this way, if you are a pro, and need more than 16GB of RAM to edit video, consider not buying a MacBook Pro? 

Don't want adapters? Don't buy a MacBook Pro. 

I love Apple, but I notice that the people that bash them the most are the ones that never have/intend to use/buy any of Apples products :/ 

"If you are a pro, consider not buying MacBook pro"

this is the problem the PRO MacBook, isn't made for pros

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 4:52 AM, suicidalfranco said:

So true, compared to my current Macbookk, if i were to replace it with this one i'd need:

an Ethernet to type-C adaptor

a SD card reader to type-C

a HDMI to type-C adaptor

a......... and i just run out out of ports considering the last one must be used for charging

so no keyboard, no mouse, no stand cooler, no external hard drive (all things currently plugged to my macbook in addition to the ones above)

And since i love OSX i'm either screwed to use my macbook till it dies and by the time it does, hopefully, Apple may have pulled it's head out of Ive's butthole or i may find myself with no laptops and only rely on my gaming rig for my compute needs :(

sad really 

Well you could use a thunderbolt splitter, but I do get your point

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

On 30/10/2016 at 9:28 AM, DrMacintosh said:

I love Apple, but I notice that the people that bash them the most are the ones that never have/intend to use/buy any of Apples products :/ 

It happens in every field. Not just in the tech world.

One thing become popular, then a lot of people are gonna bash on it. 

Lang lang was getting bashed so hard when he got famous. 

XiaoMi was getting bashed like crazy, in China at least.

Apple too, I don't need to say more.

It makes the basher feels superior. 

"Even me knows this won't work. How did the engineers at Apple/Xiaomi/ Other company not figured it out? ". 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

On 30/10/2016 at 5:33 PM, Prysin said:

Razer wouldn't know how to create a GOOD laptop even if you explained step by step how to do it

All of a sudden remembered my double clicking deathadder mouse..  >.<.... 

On 30/10/2016 at 7:05 PM, AluminiumTech said:

So you want Apple to make a "MacBook Pro Profesional" or what? xD.

Macbook Pro EDITION. 

*Never forget. 

dd77b99a39b8bd91edbd16f66d8c26b7.jpg

On 31/10/2016 at 1:39 AM, Dackzy said:

He has saved my ass. I do not like working with macbooks, because apple will tell you close to nothing about their laptops and they are just a pain to work with, so he has been a life saver.

As stubborn as that man is, I believe every word he said. ( Louis Rossman )

On 31/10/2016 at 1:49 AM, Sauron said:

Bullshit. Bull. Shit. They ran out of space during design because they wanted to shave those completely irrelevant 3mm at all costs and are just spewing excuses to damage control. They just don't want to admit the creative professional hasn't been their true target for years.

They become more and more like a fashion company. Look at apple watch edition. As well as the underpowered new generation macbooks.

"WE decide what the trend is. WE control what you like, what you want, what you need.  WE make the change. YOU ADAPT."

4 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

As stubborn as that man is, I believe every word he said. ( Louis Rossman )

yeah he is very stubborn, but he also knows what he is talking about

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

Just now, Dackzy said:

yeah he is very stubborn, but he also knows what he is talking about

I once believe apple is gonna fuck him over. Cos all the shit he said....

Pretty sure he is done for... Not sure what exactly happened in the end.... 

On 01/11/2016 at 7:09 PM, AluminiumTech said:

The sad thing is that, this probably has some truth to it........

Indeed. Press the home button, boom, you are home. 

And I am not even kidding here. 

Less tech savvy people don't give a shit about sd card support, customization , whether I can root my phone to let it do more or not. 

They don't. 

@Trik'Stari

And apple does make some truly good stuff when it comes to simplicity.

When do you see a mac user struggle for installing the operating system?? with all the drivers need to be installed. 

Nope. Click ok to the end then you have a fully functional computer. 

8 minutes ago, mrchow19910319 said:

I once believe apple is gonna fuck him over. Cos all the shit he said....

Pretty sure he is done for... Not sure what exactly happened in the end.... 

he hates a lot on their laptops, but he also put a reason behind it, not just the fanboy hate that some apple and windows users have for each other. Apple is not nice to any repair shop that can fix macbooks.

TBH I haven't watched him for 6-8 months, so I have no idea what is going on with him right now.

1 hour ago, Dackzy said:

TBH I haven't watched him for 6-8 months, so I have no idea what is going on with him right now.

Me 2...

17 hours ago, mrchow19910319 said:

Indeed. Press the home button, boom, you are home. 

And I am not even kidding here. 

Less tech savvy people don't give a shit about sd card support, customization , whether I can root my phone to let it do more or not. 

They don't. 

@Trik'Stari

And apple does make some truly good stuff when it comes to simplicity.

When do you see a mac user struggle for installing the operating system?? with all the drivers need to be installed. 

Nope. Click ok to the end then you have a fully functional computer. 

Simplicity is an argument for ignorance and laziness (too a point), nothing more.

I prefer options that require people to learn and improve themselves, rather than options that enable them to be lazy and not try.

Their hardware still sucks, as far as capability goes. Sure, the designs are nice and small and light weight, but at a certain point those things become a detriment rather than an advantage. A fucking desktop doesn't need to be incredibly small, it needs to be as capable as possible at performing a task, for as little money as possible.

Apple only has an advantage in that the 3d graphic design, and (I'm guessing) music creation software they have is better (somehow, I'm not sure how. LTT seems to get shit done just fine without it) than everything else on the market. More realistically, I would guess that Apple has simply figured out a way to convince students to use their software for those purposes, and created a cult following that works by "well that's what everyone used in school, that's what they're all most familiar with".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

20 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Their hardware still sucks, as far as capability goes. Sure, the designs are nice and small and light weight, but at a certain point those things become a detriment rather than an advantage.

A fucking desktop doesn't need to be incredibly small, it needs to be as capable as possible at performing a task, for as little money as possible.

Their hardware is competitive with that of other ultrabooks and their mini systems/AIOs are competitive with other pre-built mini systems and AIOs.

That's simply not true. A lot of people want an incredibly small desktop -- it's the same reason why some people want an mITX system, or a custom loop, etc... 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

6 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Their hardware still sucks, as far as capability goes. 

I agree with you on this. People buy their product for their OS. Not for the blazing fast hardware.

Also we need to know that apple has a different approach when it comes to selling their mac. What apple does is refine the design, trying to let people do not pay that much attention on hardware, and at the same time, cos they are offering lower spec machine with higher prices, make profit. Also apple's closed ecosystem is perfect for software development. That's their approach. Microsoft is to give you a lot of options when it comes to hardware. And use market share as well as licencing to make profit.  Put it in a simple way: Apple sales users an golden egg ,and makes them pay good price for it. Microsoft at the same time, sell a lot of users a lot of copper eggs. And make their profit. You have to put in the factor that OS X is great for some people. Even me. You cannot discredit OS X just because you or most of the pc people do not like it. Just saying.