Nintendo to finally shed more details about the NX early tomorrow (Update: this is the Nintendo Switch)

AlexGoesHigh
1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

Take everything with a grain of salt until we have solid evidence about supposed claims made in the promo. 

Think before you set foot on the hype train... ;)

This video kinda shows why I sometimes dislike ReviewtechUSA, he sometimes gets way too ranty. This video is very loud.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

This video kinda shows why I sometimes dislike ReviewtechUSA, he sometimes gets way too ranty. This video is very loud.

He does and I agree, he is over-reacting in this video, but he has a point. Which is people need to not jump on board and throw money at them based on a hint of something they saw in the promo and Nintendo also shouldn't be showing anything that will not ever be released or available on the system, nor should they make promises they will not or cannot keep. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

40 minutes ago, skywake said:

@Mr.Meerkat

I think you think you're disagreeing with me..... you're not....

All I'm saying is as you said specifically your PC, it would have costed roughly around 1.5-2x as much so...stawp it :) 

Anyway, nobody buys a Nintendo console for visuals, they buy it for the experience and first party games so as long as it has third party support and 1080p 30fps then most people will be happy :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

@Mr.Meerkat

As I said, I think you think you're disagreeing with me but you're not. I was responding to a post saying that it's not going to be a powerhouse. I agreed because it's not. But then I said and you have correctly repeated that's not the point. This isn't a device designed to be a powerhouse. This is a device that's interesting because it's powerful enough for a device that's also a tablet. It's a device that's interesting because Nintendo are developing software for it. So who cares about how powerful it is compared to the PS4, XBOne or PC. None of those things are tablets and none of them run Nintendo games.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing

5CFOMEr.gif

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

He does and I agree, he is over-reacting in this video, but he has a point. Which is people need to not jump on board and throw money at them based on a hint of something they saw in the promo and Nintendo also shouldn't be showing anything that will not ever be released or available on the system, nor should they make promises they will not or cannot keep. 

While I haven't watched the video, I would expect that beyond this point they pretty much have the deals done. But, yeah don't fall for the hype and preorder. Regradless, seems all promising so far, probably gonna get one when the Pokemon game for it comes out and the console matures more.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

Apparently interviews and other sources are confirming and denying various tidbits, it's not much but Ars Technica added this to their coverage:

"The dock is not the main console unit of Nintendo Switch": Nintendo confirmed to IGN that "the main unit of Nintendo Switch is the unit that has the LCD screen." The dock's main functions are TV output and power/charging, Nintendo said, which suggests the dock won't actually have much in the way of additional hardware to enable higher-fidelity play on an HDTV.

The Switch can't play physical 3DS or Wii U games: This Destructoid translation of a Japanese Famitsu story confirms that the Switch will not play physical games from Nintendo's most recent consoles. We're not holding our breath that downloadable 3DS or Wii U titles will be supported, either, due to the internal architecture changes to the Nintendo Switch processor. Older, downloadable Virtual Console titles aren't out of the question, though.

Switch comes with two Joy-Con controllers (left and right) to snap onto that LCD screen, according to that Famitsu translation. Nintendo wouldn't comment on whether the TV dock or Joy-Con "grip" handles come in the standard package, which strongly suggests that there could be lower-priced bundles that don't include these "optional" accessories.

Skyrim and NBA 2K are not actually confirmed for the system: Despite being the only third-party titles to feature heavily in the Switch trailer, Bethesda and 2K Games both told Polygon they couldn't confirm whether either title was actually in development for the Switch. That's especially odd, since developers like Ubisoft and Square Enix have already announced their intentions to make specific games for the system.

Switch will support Unreal Engine 4: This isn't a huge surprise, since Epic Games was listed as a partner in yesterday's trailer, but it's still nice to get direct confirmation via tweet. While we're at it, the system has Unity game engine support as well (much like pretty much every other device with a microprocessor).

Switch will support Nintendo Amiibo figures: Nintendo tells IGN that your figures will be recognized by compatible games on the new console.

Since we're posting critic videos, I figured I'd add these 2 because they have reasonable views and expectations on the console while offering differing perspectives. Sadly both are sort of reaction/on-the-day videos.

(Spoiler: The "Angry" part is a misnomer)

There are other videos I didn't post because I just didn't find they added to the conversation.

I don't watch ReviewTechUSA anymore, I found myself disagreeing with him on some pretty important issues that made me lose a lot of respect for him and I dislike his style of dealing with people he disagrees with. 

The critics are more on the company itself, because of the YouTube thing, which I think no one can blame them.

I mean since Nintendo, being stuck in time, started the take downs, Nintendo Let's Play dropped considerably.

Unity AND UE4 on Switch?! Booyah! Perfect since I'll be stuck with UE4 for awhile.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

Well according to WSJ, Nintendo say they won't be announcing ANY games or specs for the Switch (Including region lock status) in 2016.

Although this image is doing the rounds, mainly as a "Shots fired" thing, but I've yet to see any part of this image anywhere else.

CvN-UcSWYAAspL8.jpg

EDIT1: Just to remind people that the reveal trailer had superimposed footage, so framearates/games are to be taken with a grain of salt till some actual announcements.

CvZXIkPWIAAfiSV.jpg

2 hours ago, Pyrii said:

---SNIP---

>SAVE THE COURAGE FOR LINK

ed7.jpg

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, Pyrii said:

EDIT1: Just to remind people that the reveal trailer had superimposed footage, so framearates/games are to be taken with a grain of salt till some actual announcements.

ALWAYS. You cannot take a video of a screen without looking ugly.  It always looks wrong and have reflections.

I think the lack of HUD on all games is a given also... to showcase better the game.

I actually love the concept of this thing! If NBA ends up coming and the whole things works smoothly, It's going to be pretty hard for me to not buy it.

I'm hopeful.  NVIDIA's Shield tablets and set-top box have been interesting concepts, but they've always been held back by one thing: Android gaming.  It's hard to justify a tablet just for the sake of playing Asphalt 8 or an adaptation of Portal 2.  Nintendo doesn't have that problem -- even if it was the only company making games for the Switch, you know you'd play some of them.  And let's face it, the thought of playing a console-quality version of Mario Kart on the bus (with the controls to match) might be enough to warrant a purchase.

9 hours ago, Pyrii said:

Although this image is doing the rounds, mainly as a "Shots fired" thing, but I've yet to see any part of this image anywhere else.

-snip-

That's because it's a fan-made image :P 

nintendo might kill mobile gaming with this, if it doesnt cost too much and people actually want to play proper games on the go.

i just hope its good hardware and has decent batterylife.

btw i cant imagine myself playing ds3 on the bus. i get way too salty.

47 minutes ago, apm said:

nintendo might kill mobile gaming with this, if it doesnt cost too much and people actually want to play proper games on the go.

i just hope its good hardware and has decent batterylife.

btw i cant imagine myself playing ds3 on the bus. i get way too salty.

I don't think that is the aim. There is no way, with current technology that a $299-350 system  (usually is the target price of Nintendo), will have the battery life of an iPad or 3DS.

For the next couple of years, Nintendo will keep, the 3DS (or wtv successor), and have the Switch console, because the Switch cannot replace the portable system.

Will one day we will see a Switch XL of sorts or an updated manufacturing process chip which results in a reduction of power consumption, boosting battery life, maybe a larger battery as well? Maybe... but as for right now, I'll be surprised if it passes 3h. Now some games, like indie titles, or simpler gamer won't push the console as much, witch should allow more battery life, but I don't expect more than 3h on minimum brightness with a heavy title. And Nintendo will not magically start loosing money on console. They like to make money on console sales (in other words, they won't sale a $500 console at $300, and try and make it up from games, cutting income from publishers and increase game prices even more to the consumer... hence why PC games are by default cheaper than console... although now, due to inflation, and increase game dev cost, PC prices are increasing slowly).

The switch was the single most significant product ever released by Nintendo.  

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

20 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

For the next couple of years, Nintendo will keep, the 3DS (or wtv successor)

The Switch is the 3DS successor.

23 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

I don't think that is the aim. There is no way, with current technology that a $299-350 system  (usually is the target price of Nintendo), will have the battery life of an iPad or 3DS.

For the next couple of years, Nintendo will keep, the 3DS (or wtv successor), and have the Switch console, because the Switch cannot replace the portable system.

Will one day we will see a Switch XL of sorts or an updated manufacturing process chip which results in a reduction of power consumption, boosting battery life, maybe a larger battery as well? Maybe... but as for right now, I'll be surprised if it passes 3h. Now some games, like indie titles, or simpler gamer won't push the console as much, witch should allow more battery life, but I don't expect more than 3h on minimum brightness with a heavy title. And Nintendo will not magically start loosing money on console. They like to make money on console sales (in other words, they won't sale a $500 console at $300, and try and make it up from games, cutting income from publishers and increase game prices even more to the consumer... hence why PC games are by default cheaper than console... although now, due to inflation, and increase game dev cost, PC prices are increasing slowly).

2 minutes ago, Daring said:

thats what im thinking.

my guess is that it will have 3-4h of gameplay with a full charge.

they will have to make it worthwhille somehow

pokemon sun/moon will probably be the last big game for the 3ds and the 3ds will completely die within the next 1-2 years.

they might still release some games on the 3ds too but it should be too hard to port them over.

1 hour ago, Daring said:

Hmm... no, at least not now. Maybe in the future. The 3DS fits in your pocket, has nice battery life, with games specifically designed for stop and play at anytime. The Switch will be home console games on it, where the game assumes long gaming sessions.

So far the company is treating the console as a third console option... you have: Home, Portable and now Hybrid.

But that is mostly a transition period, as the WiiU is dead... I mean there is nothing more from Nintendo for this console. And the company will eventually merge the portable console with home officially (basically have only 1 console). But in a managerial view, the company isn't putting all its eggs in one basket. If the Switch doesn't sale, they can kill it, and not break company current defined models.

On 10/24/2016 at 2:16 AM, GoodBytes said:

Hmm... no, at least not now. Maybe in the future. The 3DS fits in your pocket, has nice battery life, with games specifically designed for stop and play at anytime. The Switch will be home console games on it, where the game assumes long gaming sessions.

So far the company is treating the console as a third console option... you have: Home, Portable and now Hybrid.

But that is mostly a transition period, as the WiiU is dead... I mean there is nothing more from Nintendo for this console. And the company will eventually merge the portable console with home officially (basically have only 1 console). But in a managerial view, the company isn't putting all its eggs in one basket. If the Switch doesn't sale, they can kill it, and not break company current defined models.

It makes sense, though. Why else would they make a hybrid handheld/home console? To consolidate development teams and reduce overhead.

Going for a hybrid gameset makes a lot of sense if they aim to efficiency in terms of production costs and overall quality!

Nintendo makes so many good, very good games and now it has the chance of doing it even better.

The 3DS will eventually die but going for the 2 in 1 will solve them a lot of problems. Great planning!